Release: APS - Luxembourg (Demo)

Sasa

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

You may want to consider that as an extension of the tool. To be a "do it yourself" tool.

E.g. My localized airport 52F (near Dallas fort worth) on the account of Justin's mesh, I have a neat detailed and accurate mesh already. If I have a 7CM 5 SQ mile photo texture for this airport... it would be great. even with the default autogens. IF there is a tool for me to adjust these autogens that would be even better. But still without it also, it has value.

This is.. Instead of feeding a man fish, you are teaching him how to fish.

Manny

Again, and that's really the issue, the images etc are not the hard part, it's the autogen etc that is tricky, Placing the autogen for Luxembourg took about 20 hours of mind boggling boring work. Customers would never do that. For you it might work, but you are clearly not Joe Average Customer.

I have no problem with what y'all have planned. I understand your model and I have no issues with it. To provide autogens for the locations you guys pick (based on popularity). I would buy that too.

But in addition, if a person like me would like to download my home location (I am the only one who would be interested in this location).. Just the photosceneries..even without the autogens... If that is possible... It would be of interest to many people including me.

I mean..I use Gottfrieds (BlueSky) high resolution photosceneries. Many of them don;t have autogens (somtimes just the default). You mention that this is the easy part.. I think it would help, if you provide for this feature as well.

They are not mutually exclusive. This is not going to dilute the sceneries with autogens. I would always buy value added payware.

What you have with this is tool is really innovative.

Manny

The point is simple that you now have a complete and detailed Luxembourg on your system you did not have 48 hours ago and later this week you might have another city in good detail for a very reasonable price.

Except that it is now Tuesday and I still don't have a Luxemburg on my system :cry: - I have tried to continue with the part download and Google still refuses me imagery, even for Google Maps. The total amount on my PC seems to be the limiting factor for me?

What puzzle me is that Google limits a download but lets you have almost continuous map usage (in satellite mode) - I could "cut and paste" satellite quality images direct from my PC screen a lot quicker than waiting for an interrupted download to resume...

...and of course if one lives in a place that is unattractive to the scenery makers, then one still has to wait - possibly forever?

Oh - and yes, it is true that I didn't read the help files first time round. My initial test criteria have always been the intuitive use of a software. This addon is certainly interesting and has a certain amout of potential and certainly great scope for super high detailed localities.

I will watch this space...

I mean..I use Gottfrieds (BlueSky) high resolution photosceneries. Many of them don;t have autogens (somtimes just the default). You mention that this is the easy part.. I think it would help, if you provide for this feature as well.

Hi Manny,

We are thinking about to create a special version that can download user selected aerial images from Virtual Earth or WorldWind. Those images are easily accessible, so connecting them should be pretty easy. First let us release some cities and then we'll see what else can be done with this tool. We have many, many ideas, this is only one of them.

Bests,

Sascha

I would like to propose the implementation of Quito, Ecuador. I have been flying this several times and it just looks great with all the sourounding. What I am missing is a more detailed and accurate view of the city. In addition, Quito has one of the most difficult approach what it makes it even more fascinating.

Hope, you might considert this in your decision.

Hi Manny,

We are thinking about to create a special version that can download user selected aerial images from Virtual Earth or WorldWind. Those images are easily accessible, so connecting them should be pretty easy. First let us release some cities and then we'll see what else can be done with this tool. We have many, many ideas, this is only one of them.

Bests,

Sascha

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Thank you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Manny

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after some struggle and a couple of breaks, I have figured it out . I'll add my screenies here to add flavour to your appetites. Those of you with scenery problems might care to visit microsoft and download and install the photo scenery fix patch. I had strange water over my first attempt at Luxemburg.

This really could be a phenomenal addon, but I still have my reservations. I guess it depends what price the necessary bits and how many people vote for a particular scenery...

Luxem_1.jpg

Luxem_2.jpg

Luxem_3.jpg

Luxem_4.jpg

I'm with Manny on this. I too would be happy to buy quality additions such as scenery with autogen, but what I'd really like to do is to specify a lattiude and longitude range and have the tool go download and create the scenery. A lot of my flying is in remote areas that few others would be interested in. If you offered it, I'd by a custom photoscenery generator right now!

@Jan-Reidar, fatboysim and skydvdan:

What you are talking about, is the idea what APS based on. First we wanted to do exactly that, what you wish.

The more users want it, the more would it be possible faster, but not the way you think - sorry! There are some arguments against it.

What you should keep in back of your mind is, that we can't make it possible to download too large areas. There are important arguments to limit the program on medium large areas, which means at maximum bigger cities.

We are still working on the 3D-objects and Autogen for the following project. If there would be a (very) much higher interest on a version, where you can choose the areas, we could change the priority, but we would in every case limit the size per scenery.

Please remember, that the autogen sceneries with APS are really "High Qualtity Sceneries", not because of the images from the internet, but because of the very good autogen. If we would make just the program and sell it (for a lower price again, that's sure), you would never get an up to date FSX-Scenery. A good Scenery for FSX always needs 3D-Objects now.

At this time, the interest for such a product is not big enoughl and the most FSX-Users seem to have no high interest on such a product.

Best regards

Börries