Aircraft Nose Goes Up & Down at Cruise.

Teødør

*I am not so good at English, sorry.*

Hey.

I've done some flights since I bought the A320/A321 X Extended product from Aerosoft. I didn't complete any of them yet, due to different problems. Some of them is caused by a problem in the aircraft. One of them is that the autopilot doesn't follow what I've inserted in the F-Plan, it goes completely out of course. Another problem that I've seen other people also having is that when I get approximately at 30,000 feet or less, the aircraft dramatically goes up, losing speed rapidly, or it goes down, increasing the speed rapidly. I've read a whole topic that a same guy had the same problem. I got some results, I just haven't executed them in my game yet. Something it could be was a turbulence/wind problem, which probably is. So some things I could do was disable all weather in FSX, edit some files and more.

I know this problem has been reported before, but that topic I was talking about was posted in 2013. I download the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended in 2016. So.... since 2013 to 2016.. developers are working to fix the problem or what?

In the topic I am talking about, the one from 2013, a Aerosoft Admin posted a comment on the topic, saying everything was fine (that is what I understood). But I am having the same problem, now, in 2016. I wonder why there's not more people that are having this problem. Believe me or not, commenting "read the step-by-step guide" will not solve my problem.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or whatever could help me to solve this annoying problems with the Airbus X Extended.

This is the topic I talked about earlier: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64976-aircraft-does-not-remain-level-during-flight/

Regards,

Teodor.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Teodor,

I am sure you are not using the outdated Airbus X Extended, but the current product, Airbus A320/A321, as you say you downloaded it this year.

Yes, a lot of work has been done since the old days, and I am sure you are not facing a problem with your bus, but with your environment.

Please tell a little bit about it

• what are your computer specs?
  • what sim in what version are you using?
  • what does the installer of the Airbus say about it's version?
  • what else add ons (e.g. weather engine, etc.) do you have installed?
  • how many frames (FPS) do you have in the moment when this problem starts?

Please also provide a screenshots of your PFD, ND and the FCU of the moment when this problem starts.

After you approve, that you are on the latest product, and not the old AXE, I would move this topic into the correct forum.

32 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Teodor,

I am sure you are not using the outdated Airbus X Extended, but the current product, Airbus A320/A321, as you say you downloaded it this year.

Yes, a lot of work has been done since the old days, and I am sure you are not facing a problem with your bus, but with your environment.

Please tell a little bit about it

• what are your computer specs?
  • what sim in what version are you using?
  • what does the installer of the Airbus say about it's version?
  • what else add ons (e.g. weather engine, etc.) do you have installed?
  • how many frames (FPS) do you have in the moment when this problem starts?

Please also provide a screenshots of your PFD, ND and the FCU of the moment when this problem starts.

After you approve, that you are on the latest product, and not the old AXE, I would move this topic into the correct forum.

I'll tell you that in the future, I can't right now. But I know that I use Windows 10 via Bootcamp, I have FSX Steam Edition. I'll give you further information soon. I use addons like REX Soft Clouds, HD Airport Graphics, FTX Trees HD, REX Texture Direct 4. Those addons are downloaded via Steam.

5 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Ok, standing by...

Ok. I don't know if it is all you need but, what I can say about my Windows is:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4870HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz  2.50 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 16,0 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, 64x-based processor

Need any more information? Just note that I am using Win 10 through Bootcamp, in reality I am in a Mac.

When I open the InstallShield Wizard for the Aerosoft Airbus, it says it is V1.31.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, that's already a lot of information. I think I know what going on, but first I would like to ask again for the (F)rames (P)er (S)econds you are getting in such moments? Press Shift-Z (maybe multiple times) to get them displayed.

You are running FSX on a notebook, which is not recommended. Mobile systems tend to slow down for heat management. In such moments your simulator of course gets into trouble.

My assumption is, that you get below 18 FPS which is needed for the fly-by-wire system of the bus. If this happens, a lot of strange things can happen.

24 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Ok, that's already a lot of information. I think I know what going on, but first I would like to ask again for the (F)rames (P)er (S)econds you are getting in such moments? Press Shift-Z (maybe multiple times) to get them displayed.

You are running FSX on a notebook, which is not recommended. Mobile systems tend to slow down for heat management. In such moments your simulator of course gets into trouble.

My assumption is, that you get below 18 FPS which is needed for the fly-by-wire system of the bus. If this happens, a lot of strange things can happen.

I just made a test flight with the A320. without planning a F-plan or anything, just to test. Yes, when I came to FL310, my plane starts to shake, like if there was severe turbulence, and then at 40-80 frames it starts to go up and down. On the other topic I read(ed) they talked about turbulence ingame could be causing it. I haven't tried to fly with turbulence disabled yet, but I will try. But that shaking doesn't stop, it's like a infinite turbulence. It doesn't look like turbulence, but it might be. I can't tell you exactly the frame, but by game frames are always between 20 and 90. If you need more info tell me!

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

What weather engine are you using?

You mean like "Weather themes", "Real world static", "User-defined weather"...?

The last times that problem occurred, I was using User defined water (with light-moderate turbulence). I'll try One of the weather themes without turbulence

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oh, you don't have an external weather engine installed. Yes, please give it a try without turbulences. 

But I am still more worried about the notebook environment you are running FSX in to be honest.

11 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Oh, you don't have an external weather engine installed. Yes, please give it a try without turbulences. 

But I am still more worried about the notebook environment you are running FSX in to be honest.

Yep. Me too. It works well, no frame drops to like 5-20, it only keeps from 20-90.

This notebook is my life tho.

The fact you're getting a decent frame rate leads me to believe everything is running stable. I think the reason for pitching up is because you're overspeeding. Check the speed tape and see if you're going in the red area. If you are, the aircraft will automatically pitch up to try and reduce speed. Are you in managed or selected mode as far as speed goes? Or it may be a case that your thrust levers have slipped out of the CLB detent into the FLEX area.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I have a great respect for the products developed by Aerosoft , have been following this bug that occurs with Airbus , does not occur often, my FSX version is Steam and use Active Sky Next of Steam , I believe it is with climate generator what is causing this problem.

Archived