Adding TacPack Carrier ILS needle compatability to F-14X

f14ABD

I have had the F-14X since the first release, and it's an excellent and amazing simulation of the F-14A/B, I was just curious if the developers had any intention of adding TacPack Carrier ILS capability to the F-14X.  I realize that the developers wanted the F-14 to be able to have carrier ILS and TACAN capability without having to depend on the TacPack, so that users wouldn't be required to have the TacPack to simulate that.  But I also know that in the 2.01 update the TacPack TACAN was able to be used by the F-14X, but for some reason it didn't include TacPack ILS, so you still have to tune to 57X on Javier's NIMITS in order to have ILS guidance regardless of the TacPack setting.

So my two questions are:

1.  Why didn't the F-14X extended include TacPack ILS Capability.

2.  Is it possible to include that capability in any future updates.

The main reason I ask this is because of the TacPack's ability to change the Glideslope setting for the aircraft carrier, ranging from a 3 to a 5 degree glideslope.  It would be nice to be able to change the ILS glideslope on the F-14X, since they do change the glideslope in reality depending on the current environmental conditions.

• 5 months later...
On 25/05/2016 at 11:27 PM, f14ABD said:

I have had the F-14X since the first release, and it's an excellent and amazing simulation of the F-14A/B, I was just curious if the developers had any intention of adding TacPack Carrier ILS capability to the F-14X.  I realize that the developers wanted the F-14 to be able to have carrier ILS and TACAN capability without having to depend on the TacPack, so that users wouldn't be required to have the TacPack to simulate that.  But I also know that in the 2.01 update the TacPack TACAN was able to be used by the F-14X, but for some reason it didn't include TacPack ILS, so you still have to tune to 57X on Javier's NIMITS in order to have ILS guidance regardless of the TacPack setting.

So my two questions are:

1.  Why didn't the F-14X extended include TacPack ILS Capability.

2.  Is it possible to include that capability in any future updates.

The main reason I ask this is because of the TacPack's ability to change the Glideslope setting for the aircraft carrier, ranging from a 3 to a 5 degree glideslope.  It would be nice to be able to change the ILS glideslope on the F-14X, since they do change the glideslope in reality depending on the current environmental conditions.

I believe the ILS was working well before the last update, and now it's bugged.

From other topic the present solution to the Kitty Hawk carrier:

- maintain 58X (and the 111.95 MHz for ILS) at the TacPack manager;

- select 27X (instead of 58X) at the F-14 onboard TACAN channel selector.

Voila, the Kitty Hawk ILS needles present themselves.

Archived