Lightning + TacPack P3D V3.2

sd_flyer

HI, I'm having a problem trigger/pickle missiles in F6 Lighting. Everything else such as radar, locking the target and etc seems work. I tried to switch master arm to guns or missiles none of them would fire with TacPack assigned joystick buttons (which actually works with other TacPack aircraft) Any idea what could cause it? Is there any way around, or fix perhaps?

Thanks

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

HI, I'm having a problem trigger/pickle missiles in F6 Lighting. Everything else such as radar, locking the target and etc seems work. I tried to switch master arm to guns or missiles none of them would fire with TacPack assigned joystick buttons (which actually works with other TacPack aircraft) Any idea what could cause it? Is there any way around, or fix perhaps?

Thanks

Hi

If your joystick is operable through TP with other aircraft , there should be no reason for it not to work on the Lightning.

Let's make sure your procedures are right.,

Firstly you can ignore the "pickle" button , the Lightning has only single threat targetting so it is all done on the trigger.

Next ensure the F6  has a guntank or use the F2A, , ammo is loaded automatically  . If using the Redtop make sure the missile has wings fitted.( it won't fire without them.)

With "guns" selected on the master arm and at least one engine running pulling the trigger (or your designated fire button) should fire the guns

For the missiles  select "GW" and the safe/arm switch to "arm".

On the armament warning panel  the "arming" and "armed" lights need to be lit .

Use the radar to select and close on a target.  Once the missile senses the IR signal (up to around 7 miles) the "event1,event2" lights will illuminate, only then can the missile be fired ( but best to wait awhile... it's still too far away ;0)

Hope that is of help

DR

Thanks for reply! I will try it again. So far I can confirm at least one thing - the trigger does work with other addons. Let me check if load the ammo and other things you pointed out. 

Archived