CG and Pitch Trim

Sino

Hello,

I am using the A320 latest version in P3D v3.2.3

I would like to avoid using the included Fuel Planner since I use PFPX.

One things that bothers me from the Fuel planner is that it allows for max 150 pax, while the configuration that I would like to use is of 162 pax (and the acft itself allows up to 180).

However, this is what I noticed.

Using as an example the data of the Manual Vol6 (Step by Step), but for A320, so:

PAX: 80

CARGO: 2000kg

FUEL: 7610kg

the Fuel Planner calculates

TOW %MAC: 29%

Trim: DOWN 0.1

If I enter this data (or any data) manually on the right MCDU, the value for CG(PCT)/TRIM stays always fixed to the latest value used with a loadsheet (in my case 26/UP0.8)

BUT, when I init the Loadsheet, the CG(PCT)/TRIM gives back the value calculated by the Fuel Planner.

I noticed that I can change the CG value on the right MCDU and this affects the actual CG since the system then shifts the Cargo AFT/FWD in the P3D Fuel and Payload menu. (Pax is always the same way: max 16 in "first class" that are filled before the others)

I also noticed that in the same box I cannot change the pitch trim value which, I guess, is only a reminder for the pilot, to copy/paste the data on the left MCDU and to set the trim wheel accordingly.

My question now are:

-If I enter LOAD data Manually, how can I know what CG and what pitch trim setting shall I set on the MCDU Left and Pitch Trim handle?

-> Due to the fact that there is no TOPCAT profile matching the Fuel Planner of Aerosoft (at least accurately, the one I have gives different results: very different..), is it correct to say that the only way to get accurate CG/TRIM setting is by using the included Fuel Planner?

If so, how can I modify the Fuel Planner to accomodate more than 150 pax?

Hope my problem was clear enough!

Thank you

I'm not at my PC right now to direct you to the exact file, you will find it in Documents/Aerosoft... and I can't remember the rest. I have modded my configurations to BA spec. I will look through my posts to find the path I uploaded for someone else regarding fuel factors which is also in the same files for the fuel planner, hold short.

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FuelPlanner\AircraftData

Just open the aircraft data file and change the figures for pax, you can even change the title within the fuel planner for each aircraft. If you wish this evening I can make a file for you and post it here with the pax you want, but trust me it's simple.

I came to say thanks again.

I modified the file and now is ok! I also reduced avg weight to 80kg and bags to 20kg to fit better with the model (otherwise it would be impossible to full the aircraft due to max ldg weight).

I also tweaked the TOPCAT file further and now I get a difference of about 1 MAC% and 0.1 TRIM, which I consider acceptable since the relatively large tolerance in CG setting on the A320, so I can now decide which software to use...

Archived