Cannot find what Before Startup CL is asking for

brickviking

I've been reading Volume 6, and working through the startup procedures manually without the copilot so I know where things are when I need to do it manually. However, I'm now stuck on Step 80 on page 47 (Section 5.6, with MCDU Electric Panel, Part 6 pointed to). Could some kind soul please tell me that I'm not smoking some foreign substance when I can't see what should be obvious?

To add some context, the only things I have done are: set the aircraft to Cold-and-dark, then save that as the default flight, then restarted FSX:SE.

* Pressed the two Battery buttons

* turned on external power

* turned on Checklists without copilot in the second MCDU

* started and completed Cockpit Preparation list.

I then closed the front passenger door. The second checklist started automatically when I closed the doors. I've checked the Elec page of the lower ECAM display, and it says in a box: EXT PWR 113v  400HZ. There's a solid line going from that box to the AC1/AC2 bus, but even if I turn off EXT PWR in the upper panel, I still get prompted "External Power?".

Thanks to anyone that can help a brand new virtual pilot who hasn't even managed to get this plane to taxi stage. Previously I've been flying freeware planes like SAAB 340 and the like. Nice plane, by the way, but I thought I'd give this A318 a try.

Regards,  BrickViking (a.k.a. DrSmokey)

(Post 1)

2016-5-23_15-49-19-328.BMP

2016-5-23_15-57-48-948.BMP

Hi brickviking,

Besides turning the external power off on the overhead, you have to disconnect it from the aircraft. Go to the right MCDU, then to GND SERVICES, and there you will find the option to disconnect the external power. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Bruno.

Yes, that did indeed.Perhaps this could be put into the next manual, as a slightly more detailed explanation could be added under the table, for example:

80. Find the option to disconnect the External Power Unit under the second MCDU's Ground Services menu.

I'm onto the next setup now. This issue can now be closed, though I have no idea (yet) how to do so.

Regards, Brickviking (a.k.a. DrSmokey)

(Post 2)

Archived