Configure Captain / FO voice samples?

Hello!

I created my own voice samples for Captain's voice in the checklist and it's a cool feature!
However, in certain places the samples seem to overlap each other, meaning, the next phrase will come on before the previous one is finished. First I thought I just need to leave a longer silence in the beginning/end of the samples, but that does not seem to matter in several places in the checklist. Is there a way to configure the pauses between the samples? It just sounds a bit silly when the captain answers to a callout and the FO already gives the next callout in the middle of the reply. 

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't tried it  myself, but I would expect the opposite way to be one the to go: shorten the recordings. No silence at the beginning and the end.

Hey Tom!

What would be the logic behing making them shorter? Just trying to understand how they are programmed to work. I always thought that they are somehow triggered one by one after the previous is finished playing but maybe it's different?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am not a developer of the Airbus, but from your experience it is obvious that they are not played after each other but have different triggers. So by making them shorter chances are higher that these triggers are not within an announcement. But this is just a guess, as I said, I don't know how it is implemented in detail.

Archived