------------>> What simulator do you use?

Like every year we like to get an idea what sim people use, so please click below. We'll give out a three copies of Zurich at random.  

352 members have voted

1. 1. What simulator do you use most?

• FS2004
    • FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 10
  2. 2. Do you think you will think you will change your main simulator platform in the next 6 months? If so, to what?

• No will stay on what I know
    • FSX:SP2
    • FSX;STEAM
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 10
    • Something else

Currently using FSX SE. I plan to go to P3D but I'm afraid it will be more than 6 months, as I need to sort myself out with a better PC first.

Basically the same for me, except that I'm running FSX SP2. At some point in the future I'll be upgrading to P3D, but not on short term.

Hi!

On my main FS PC i run Win 7 and FSX SP2 in DX9 mode. As this hardware is a bit older, I do not expect to change to a different Flight Simulator as long as this setup works OK.

On my TEST PC I run Win 10 and FSX Steam in DX10 preview and it works OK.

I expect to change to P3D once  I get new hardware and P3D reaches a closer to final version compatible with most addons.

Mladen

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents it is not a contest what sim wins okay? 

Of course it isn't, but it's fun to talk about.

5 hours ago, Jude said:

PS; I already bought Zurich, so no need for the prize :)

Same for me, although maybe some other product instead. But I didn't vote to win, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Cheers,

I think most of us have no idea when updates will be offered (if at all) so the question to go for "something else" cannot be realistically answered (unless you only mean switching to e.g. FlightGear and other not mentioned software).

In my case I would of course change to X-Plane 11 (not on your list), if it gets published (since I have X-Plane 10 now). Likewise I would expect most people who have invested a significant amount of their hard earned cash into 3rd party add-ons to stay with their platform.

Just in case I win something - I don´t know if Zurich is available for X-Plane (if yes, that would be great, since I do not have it yet).

vor 38 Minuten, ostkamp sagte:

Just in case I win something - I don´t know if Zurich is available for X-Plane (if yes, that would be great, since I do not have it yet).

Look at the ad on top of this page and you'll know ;). At least the 2 times I visited this page, there was Zürich for XP10 - which I also would prefer, as I don't have it. I assume, the (or at least one) reason, that Zürich was chosen, is the availability for both platforms (ESP and XP).

1 hour ago, ostkamp said:

Likewise I would expect most people who have invested a significant amount of their hard earned cash into 3rd party add-ons to stay with their platform.

That's exactly the reason I'm not moving on to P3D yet. I've got a lot of older add-ons that work fine in FSX but I'm afraid they won't work that well in P3D. They were released before P3D was out and were never upgraded. Still I wouldn't want to miss them. I'm not worried about the add-ons that are released nowadays, they're P3D compatible so I can keep them when the time comes to move on. But it's the old ones that I'm worried about. I'm aware that one day I'll have to give them up, but that day has not come yet.

Mathijs- By any chance do you have the results from the last few polls? I'd be interested to know how the results have changed.

3 hours ago, hhbrbg said:

Hi,

The IEXG 737 classic triggered my switch from P3D to X-Plane. 

Man I'm happy, what a great sim and community.

Tom

Welcome to XP Tom

I see this as encouraging news. X-Plane > FSX. WIth better and better aircraft,this sim really has potential since its move to 64bit.

I did not expect X-Plane to be as high as it is. Also these numbers would indicate P3Dv3 will have over 50% of the market before year-end, not unexpected.

18 hours ago, hhbrbg said:

The IEXG 737 classic triggered my switch from P3D to X-Plane. 

Man I'm happy, what a great sim and community.

Just fixing a typo - I think you mean IXEG 737 at http://ixeg.net/ which is payware.

There is now also a great freeware (B737-800), the x737 v5 from EADT at http://www.eadt.eu/index.php?new-x737-version-5

The X-Plane world is currently like it was back at the old Microsoft Flightsim 98 days before the gold rush started and most things became payware - lots of great looking sceneries including High-Density and Ultra-High-Density Mesh are available for free, the number of affordable professional payware aircrafts is rising and in my mind already covers the minimum requirements. And X-Plane does not suffer from 32-bit memory limitations. Keyboard commands are of course different, but really no big deal.

On the other side there is a large MSFS userbase hesitating or refusing to switch because of the large amount of money already spent on add-ons (which is completely understandable) or because of some features, where FS-X or P3D is better than XP (e.g. seasons, some eye-candy, ATC). Unfortunately it is unclear whether P3D will be offering a 64-bit version one day as well and P3D is as far as I know officially not made for enthusiasts or normal people.

After some fits and starts ( and several uninstall/ reinstalls) I am mostly running P3D v3, but I still have FSX Acceleration installed for the odd aircraft that don't really seem to work well in P3D ( QW 757 and FeelThere E-175).  I have not decided to pony up money for a migration tool to run them in P3D.

Fly P3Dv3.2 since most aircraft I fly are only on that sim.  FSX-SE is installed to check my work for those that fly FSX/SE. 

I left FSX SP2 almost two years ago. At that time it was P3Dv2.4 and so far using P3Dv3.2, I'm very satisfied with the smoothness, graphics quality and stability of the simulation. I personally think, respecting of course any other's different opinions, that FSX, and even FSX:SE to be a thing of the past.

Regards,

Ed

Using FSX Acc at the moment. Not interested in P3D at the moment. More interested in the new DTG simulator that is coming at the end of the year.

If it is good, I will likely use FSXSP and DTG FLSim parallel until the latter will start to receive more add-on aircrafts from which point it will be my main sim.

I also have FSX;SE but haven't used it yet since my current FSX Acc installation is working pretty good.

Archived