Okay, Tom  Thanks for all explanations.  I will look at PD3 version 3.  I wish I would know the cause of why it now averages too high 1,250,000k in memory private setting compared to my FSX's normal average between 300,000k and 500,000k in memory private setting for thousands of flights for past many years years before the problem started last Saturday. Wondering why???

mind blowing

I did not know Europeans have this expression :)

Once again, thanks and I hope there is NOTHING wrong with my FSX or OS!!!

Regards,

Aharon

• Aerosoft

All the images show perfectly normal behavior. You are getting a AppHangB1 error and as I tried to explain a few times, that is not related to memory. The error is caused by a call of FSX to a standard part of the sim. Could be loading a file, could be starting a sound, could really be anything. But it is a call that FSX makes to the OS, it is not a program running out of memory because that would show as an OOM error. Always. 

Btw, if you want to keep VAs memory in view using external tools is complex and prone to faults (switching view from FS to the tool will change memory use). Using the FSUIPC method (google that) is a far better way as you see it all the time.

Please login to display this image.

But again, that's not your problem for the simple reason you do not have an OOM error but a AppHang error.  As I explained that  is most likely caused by something changing files on your system and is very often reported as a result of an infection with malware. A very basic Google search will confirm this.

I'll stay out of this discussion now as my advise does not seem to be very useful to you.

Mathijs,

Your tips, suggestions, and advices are ALWAYS useful.  I did act on your advice to look everywhere in OS today although I could not find anything. 

Thanks for your new cool tip as demonstrated in your screenshot.

Ex-Olli: Virtual Address Space is called 'Virtual Size' in Process Explorer. You'll need to activate that column from the options.

Ex-Olli, sorry if I do not understand your instruction but Mathijs said my FSX is perfectly normal and Tom said there is nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Aharon

9 hours ago, Aharon said:

(...)

Ex-Olli, sorry if I do not understand your instruction but Mathijs said my FSX is perfectly normal and Tom said there is nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon,

your screenshot shows 'Private Bytes' and 'Working Set' in Process Explorer; These two values have nothing to do with VAS.

Ruling out VAS issues, there's still a variety of potential causes left. One thing to look at, for example, would be your Affinity Mask setting. Have you ever dealt with that? Is there an Affinity Mask setting in your FSX.cfg file?

5 hours ago, Ex-Olli said:

Is there an Affinity Mask setting in your FSX.cfg file?

Good grief   I do not even know what in the heck affinity mask setting is.  I looked at my fsx.cfg and there is NO affinity mask in fsx.cfg.  Is that bad news?

Regards,

Aharon

11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I see Process Explorer, but I don't see the VAS Monitor program.

DaveCT2003,

My apologies to you!!!  I am not not programming whiz!! Or otherwise I would have been making 200,000 bucks a year working as programmer for Aerosoft :):)

Thanks for the links!!

Regards,

Aharon

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, Ex-Olli said:

Aharon,

your screenshot shows 'Private Bytes' and 'Working Set' in Process Explorer; These two values have nothing to do with VAS.

Ruling out VAS issues, there's still a variety of potential causes left. One thing to look at, for example, would be your Affinity Mask setting. Have you ever dealt with that? Is there an Affinity Mask setting in your FSX.cfg file?

If the affinity mask is set incorrect FS will just ignore it, for sure it would not throw this error. I have no idea why you all focus on VAS, it's simply not involved. 

DaveCT2003,

I do not have Skype   LOL  I do not use Skype   LOL

I flew last night from PAOT to PAOM without problems BUT BUT I wish I would know the cause of why it now averages too high 1,250,000k in memory private setting compared to my FSX's normal average between 300,000k and 500,000k in memory private setting for thousands of flights for past many years years before the problem started last Saturday. Wondering why???

Tonight, I am going to make another testing flight from CYYZ to CYQB.

Everything else such as softwares and internet surfing as well as business applications outside FSX in my laptop is fast and smooth. 

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Wondering why???

Aharon,

everybody here knows that you wonder why there is an increase in memory usage in your FSX. No need to repeat that over and over again. You should have figured in the meantime, that there is no simple answer to that question. As you have more or less zero detail knowledge about the relevant things to check there is not too much the forum can do for you. Therefore Dave offered you to take a look onto your system via Skype, as highly skilled professional, knowing exactly what he is doing.

In my opinion you should think of installing Skype instead of answering with "LOL" if you seriously want your question answered / problem solved.

Please take this as a suggestion, not as an offense.

I did not even know that Skype can be used to take look at another computer's system.   I thought DaveCTC2003 wanted to try to figure out by chatting with me using Skype.

Skype can be used to to look onto another computer's system?

Regards,

Aharon

Archived