Oslo ENGM - Still having flattening issues

LN-KAB

Hi
I'm running the latest release, even with the flatten fix issued in these forums earlier. But I'm still having problems with the flatten area at the airfield. This problem only occures when arriving to the airport, not when starting from it. I'm out of ideas regardning this problem and would appreciate some additional advice. Thanks.

Kjell A

Please login to display this image.

have you   RC-DESIGN - ESGG GOTHENBURG add-on  installed ???
There is some time, I have similar altitude trouble after install this scenery, I solve by deactivated ESGG in the library !

On 5/15/2016 at 2:48 AM, Manuel EBCI said:

have you   RC-DESIGN - ESGG GOTHENBURG add-on  installed ???
There is some time, I have similar altitude trouble after install this scenery, I solve by deactivated ESGG in the library !

If that happens then layer ESGG below ENGM in the scenery library list. (A higher number in the cfg file) that should stop any layer troubles. I do not have ESGG to test.

(  This problem only occures when arriving to the airport, not when starting from it )

With ESGG, below or top layer in cfg, not change the altitude problem at Gardement for me when it still activ, but not very important for me, this scenery are inactive every time in my cfg, and just active when flight go or from Gothenburg ... very rarelly <;)
This last day, I tried copy the error from Ln-Kab on my computer FSX ... and yes, and I managed to reproduce exactly the same error !
That's happen with "Night Environment Norway" active in the cfg ! 
It is  just necessary to checked again in some other flight  tonight if that's happen only if NE Norway are top or bottom  versus ENGM layer in the cfg ... or whether it is independent !

Delete my previous post  ( not possible edit after some time )  
NE Norway are not involved ! 

I make multiple flight tonight EKCH to ENGM with different option in the library ... 
This flatten terrasement error altitude happen every time ; ...NE Norway active or not, NE Sweden active or not ... 
The only error does not occur, that's when all my other Scandinavian add-on are deactivated in the library !  ... 
(ENGM on the top or not in the library) !!!  
But if I active only one, ( Night Environement Norway,  NE Sweden ...or an airport  not very far ... ex:Torp ... ) this altitude terrasement flatten error happen ! 

For what its worth I get the same issue using P3dv3.2 (and have the identical if not more scenery as Manuel EBCI).  No resolve as yet as well.

After a lot of search and tried different way ... Not solve for me too ...
With search about other topic with a same problem, I find a patch from Jo Erlend,
The problem seems resolve for some users, but not for me  ... 
The only way I find for not have this Elevation problem, are déactivated in the library  "ALL"  other Scandinavian Add-on 
Night Environement ... Torp ...Bergen ... Goteborg ...Stocholm ... ...
But this problem is not too encumbrance because only occurs only arriving to the  airport from another far airport. No worries at departure situation if ENGM are load in first when start FSX ( Or P3D)  !

I got the same problem when arriving into ENGM. I used ORBX Vectors, Global and Norway and run FTX Vector configurator before starting FSX prior to any flight to Oslo.

Since we are all seeing the same issue (only when landing from another airport) ...I wonder.....I remember I had this issue before but with ENVA.  What if we deactivate the grass in the config tool?  Seems that the effected areas/depressed areas are isolated to the grass areas of the field.

Hi, 
Finally, without solution... I build myself an additional flaten for Oslo ...
This file run well on my FSX and solve the problem !  ( Not teste on P3D ... but I think are OK ) 
This is not a 100% great solution, but waiting another patch for Oslo, it's more best versus the actual issue !
I make some test today ... and it seems well ... 
Test this file if you have this issue speak on this post ...
Just add this file in the  folder : Microft Games / Microsoft Flight simulator X / Aerosoft /  Mega Airport Oslo 2.0 / Scenery
If you have again problem or other problem after, just delete this file ... This file not modify any original files ...

Great

0Alpha_Flatten_bis.BGL

On 6/5/2016 at 11:57 PM, Manuel EBCI said:

( Not teste on P3D ... but I think are OK ) 

Installed it in P3D V3.2 and so far it looks good to me.

I have tested it only briefly, viewing it from start of runway 01L where I had the issue too.

Thanks for the file

No luck, for me. I have FTX norway and I believe this cause the issue. I have ORBX central set to hybrid and issues are still there. The new FTX central gets rid of the changes between global/hybrid/region , maybe this could fix the issue. Someone tried already the new version of FTX central?

13 hours ago, garel75 said:

No luck, for me. I have FTX norway and I believe this cause the issue. I have ORBX central set to hybrid and issues are still there. The new FTX central gets rid of the changes between global/hybrid/region , maybe this could fix the issue. Someone tried already the new version of FTX central?

Hi, Garel ... I use also FTX Norway but I'm not use the new FTX central for moment ! And this file solve the problem for me ... Are you verify in your bibliotheque scenery, Oslo are top line versus all FTX Orbx product ? If you deactivated all ORBX product in the bibliotheque, do you have again this issue ? 

Hello Manuel. 

I have oslo on top of ftx.

I updated today ftx libraries, but the issue is still there.

when i load a flight in engm, no problem. If I land from anywhere else flattening still occurs. This is really frustrating.

I will try again to reinstall engm with the file provided...

BTW forgot to mention.. I use fsx accel

On 12/06/2016 at 11:23 PM, garel75 said:

BTW forgot to mention.. I use fsx accel

Yes, me too ... same config !
FTX central or Acceleration are not the problem ... the problem are " why ", when we came from an another airport the ENGM flatten are not read by FSX ! That's a priority read flatten in the memory the problem !!! 
Are you try some test with all your Scandinavian add-on deactivated in the library ?  (execpt ENGM and ORBX products) ... Goteborg and Torp (if you have), are proximity airport and that's possible the flatten about this product are interference with ENGM also ... 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived