Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

Their forum is up and running right now and yes, J.V. stated that the files are included.

Statement from J.V. yesterday :

"Yes we have added the new autogen description files for Prague, but please hold off on the migration for now until Ben has a chance to review some issues that some customers are having. "

(Sorry, i´m not Premek, just jumped in here :D)

Regards, Lars

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really looking forward to the Prague Mega Scenery, but I am extremely disappointed. As reported earlier in this thread, the ground textures are terrible fuzzy affairs. There are no runway markings, no taxiway lines, no parking positions marked. En route to parking gates 9, 11, 13 there are even great lumps in the ground causing up and down movements as you are taxiing.

Apart from the new buildings and other above ground details the previous (freeware) scenery was far superior!

I've tried everything posted here. I uninstalled and reinstalled using the "FS" install option instead of the FSX-SE one (despite using FSX-SE only). My Prague is up to date (1.03) and with the latest AFD BGL from the top of this thread. APController is running  -- the new Mega Frankfurt uses that too, I understand, and that is fine.

If the developer visits again soon, perhaps he can help diagnose the problem and fix it, but meanwhile I must return to the freware version I used before. :-(

Regards

Pete

40 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

.  .  .  There are no runway markings, no taxiway lines, no parking positions marked.  .  .  .

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Until Premek jumps in with other input, I would suggest you look at your FSX.cfg to see if the simobjects folders are added.  For me, I was running a third party start-  up utility that called on a "base" cfg file that did not have these entries, until I added them back (I am running FSX Gold/Accel).

SimObjectPaths.xx=aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.xx=aerosoft\AirportController\CommonResources\simobjects

For me, that solved a lot of issues, along with making sure that the airport controller was properly showing up in the exe.xml file.

Joe L.

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I was really looking forward to the Prague Mega Scenery, but I am extremely disappointed. As reported earlier in this thread, the ground textures are terrible fuzzy affairs. There are no runway markings, no taxiway lines, no parking positions marked. En route to parking gates 9, 11, 13 there are even great lumps in the ground causing up and down movements as you are taxiing.

Apart from the new buildings and other above ground details the previous (freeware) scenery was far superior!

I've tried everything posted here. I uninstalled and reinstalled using the "FS" install option instead of the FSX-SE one (despite using FSX-SE only). My Prague is up to date (1.03) and with the latest AFD BGL from the top of this thread. APController is running  -- the new Mega Frankfurt uses that too, I understand, and that is fine.

If the developer visits again soon, perhaps he can help diagnose the problem and fix it, but meanwhile I must return to the freware version I used before. :-(

Regards

Pete

Pete... I really don't understand the way you are complaining here. Problems you have are clearly bugs, which really can be resolved. How the hell can you compare this scenery to the freeware scenery. And you have seen that your problem is common one, and it is the reason that some lines in the configs were written wrong.

Premek also stated here, that if you have a problem you can write him at the support@xht-labs.com

I suggest you to read the thread more, before writing any posts...

I've tried everything posted here.

Almost - you didn't send me the files ;-) I sent you an email asking for it recently :-)

APController .... the new Mega Frankfurt uses that too

I do not think so. As far as I know APC is used by Split, Zurich, Berlin-Tegel and Prague so far.

hi, Premek

did you have contact with aerosoft about the installers, because that is the mean reason  , while things not working good

have same issue again with split-x , when you uninstall , old entries are not removed , when you reinstall there  are double

entries in simobject.cfg. what I also found that there is no entry made in windows programs configuration page, so you have to search for uninstall file somewhere in Split-X folders.

hope that this bug-festival will stop soon, so do what like to do flying.

13 hours ago, sydney1962 said:

have same issue again with split-x , when you uninstall , old entries are not removed , when you reinstall there  are double

entries in simobject.cfg. what I also found that there is no entry made in windows programs configuration page, so you have to search for uninstall file somewhere in Split-X folders.

@sydney1962 Please try the Configuration File Fixer I just placed into the first post of this thread. This should fix all the issues.

Hi Přemek,

I don't know if it's just ground poly issue that you can fix or not, but as now stand 14 has 3 jetways, there are few things that are not recent in the scenery:

Stand 14A in the scenery does't exist anymore

Stand 14B is renamed to 14A

just to let you know about it :)

On 12/06/2016 at 4:07 PM, JPL19 said:

SimObjectPaths.xx=aerosoft\AirportController\CommonResources\simobjects

This one is needed to add on FSX.cfg?

The installer does not add itself?

Also about the ORBX, it's still not solved I guess, no chance to run AutogenModifierLauncher.exe again?

Thanks.

On 18/06/2016 at 3:51 PM, BA937 said:

Was there a solution when the AGNIS-display shows "TYPE UNKN(own)"???

Please try following:

1 - switch off FSX

2 - run HarvesterLauncher.bat

3 - start FSX

On 18. 6. 2016 at 4:51 PM, BA937 said:

Was there a solution when the AGNIS-display shows "TYPE UNKN(own)"???

Run HarvesterLauncher.bat from the Aerosoft/AirportController.

This needs to be done every time you install new aircraft or livery.

13 hours ago, cgentil said:

This one is needed to add on FSX.cfg?

The installer does not add itself?

Installer adds it. If it was not your case you've had highly likely non-standard FSX congfiguration.

Did you try everything written in the first post of this thread? Did you also try Configuration Files Fixer?

13 hours ago, cgentil said:

Also about the ORBX, it's still not solved I guess, no chance to run AutogenModifierLauncher.exe again?

Not sure what you mean...

@Premek ... how is that docking system coming along for LKPR? ^_^

Still happy-go-flying without any APC failure, well 99% of the time ... as long as I load the same situation file, but I've worked a way around that as well and that once in a blue-moon manual APC start doesn't bother me too much. Still love the airport although the gates are not working, yet.

Hi Premek

When activated GSX, the Jetways disapear. Hadn't this with older versions.

Regards

Patrick

EDIT: Solved by installing the latest GSX. Just also don't know how to disconnect the jetways as post 395.

1 hour ago, gforce800 said:

Hello Premek, how do i disconnect the jetway ?

@gforce800 Jetways are at airplane when Parking Brake is engaged and both engine's N2 is lower then 5%.

Once any of those conditions is not true, jetways should go to default position (out of the aircraft)

Dears, I made a message under APC Controller thread already...

I am using Mega Praha. I have the latest version downloaded (today).

When APC is running (as default) my FPS is bellow 20. If I stop it goes up to cca 30 (as it was the case in previous versions as well...).

My suspicion is that FPS is lower also during flight and in other places (by cca 2-3 FPS) with APC running, but as I understand now how APC is working it is probably not possible (only my impressions...?).

However, when parking in Prague it is definitely much worse FPSs with APC running....

many thanks for any idea or recommendation

thanks

JM

8 minutes ago, maca11 said:

Dears, I made a message under APC Controller thread already...

And I answered you there right now :-)

This is due to the "consumption" of dynamic jetways. It could happen on under-average machines.

I'll supply Configuration Tool soon - this will allows you to to switch to static jetways.

Anyway - if you're sure what are you doing, you can switch them of manualy now. If you're realy sure, then read the spoiler content:

Spoiler

In folder of Airport Controller edit the apc.cfg file. You should be able to see XML node <DynamicJetwyas> which is set to True. BE sure FSX/P3D is not running and change it to False.

On next start you should have much better FPS.

Hello Premek.

I've deinstalled v103 today and installed v104 realizing that the framerate dropped below 1 fps !!!

There seems to be something wrong!

Is there a chance to get v103, which worked well on my system?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

vor 28 Minuten, Premek sagte:

@gforce800 Jetways are at airplane when Parking Brake is engaged and both engine's N2 is lower then 5%.

Once any of those conditions is not true, jetways should go to default position (out of the aircraft)

That works for me! But something that does not, is a huge FPS loss. When dynamic jetways are enabled i get around 15-20 FPS, when they are disabled i get around 35-40 FPS in the cockpit when flying the AS Airbus. Please do something with it, it is very annoying that i have to choose between good FPS or dynamic jetways :wacko:. Regards.

Archived