Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

19 hours ago, Terblanche said:

@marts747 - did you try my suggestion in post 172 ... it worked for me ^_^

Tried that, no luck i'm afraid. Think I'll just have to wait for Umberto........

Thanks' anyway Terblanche.

Martin.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Premek said:

@marts747 Please send me the CFG files as described in the first post.

Also try what Terblanche suggested in previous post please.

See my original post  no.239 for CFG files.

Still no luck after trying Terblanche fix.

Martin.

Sorry but when I buy a product I expect it to work first time. I have had nothing but problems with this scenery and it is not good enough. We are already on 11 pages of bugging issues. I've seen all the tweaks and tried them all - none of them work. We have paid for this and we are unable to use it. I will certainly wait a few months before I buy another product from Aerosoft.

31 minutes ago, gazza said:

Sorry but when I buy a product I expect it to work first time. I have had nothing but problems with this scenery and it is not good enough. We are already on 11 pages of bugging issues. I've seen all the tweaks and tried them all - none of them work. We have paid for this and we are unable to use it. I will certainly wait a few months before I buy another product from Aerosoft.

@gazza Sorry, but you did not try all possible steps.

You didn't send CFG files...

38 minutes ago, marts747 said:

Think I'll just have to wait for Umberto........

@marts747 It is not necessary - version 1.02 has implemented workaround to work with GSX.

See your mailbox.

1 hour ago, gazza said:

Sorry but when I buy a product I expect it to work first time.

How many Windows updates did you receive the last few years?....

No software product is free of bugs, it is a fact of life. 
Nevertheless I agree with you that it can be a nuisance, but Premek is doing what he can.

1 hour ago, Premek said:

@marts747 It is not necessary - version 1.02 has implemented workaround to work with GSX.

See your mailbox.

Premek. Problem appears to be solved. un-installed and re-installed GSX. Sorry to have troubled you, but textures are fine after activating GSX now.

I think a lot of my  trouble has been the recent upgrade to windows 10.

Now to go flying to this wonderful scenery I've been waiting for for years........... :):):):)

Thankyou Terrablanche as well!!!!

Martin.

2 hours ago, marts747 said:

Premek. Problem appears to be solved. un-installed and re-installed GSX. Sorry to have troubled you, but textures are fine after activating GSX now.

Magnificent! Many thanks for your feedback Martin ;-)

This is really nice message before going to bed :-)

On 17. Mai 2016 at 11:58, masterhawk sagte:

Hi, you can use this tool.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/one-last-test-please.436285/

Install the scenery to your fake fsx. Take that modified Autogen files and use them in combination with this tool in your operational fsx.

Masterkhawk, unfortunately, the new installers v101 or v102 fail to modify any autogen files in my installation. There is no error message popping up, but actually during installation no file in the autogen folder is touched. Scenery is fine, autogen however not as expected. 

Could it be that the Autogenmodifier just modifies default files, but not custom files such as the ones installed by Orbx FTX?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 10 Stunden , Cargostorm sagte:

Masterkhawk, unfortunately, the new installers v101 or v102 fail to modify any autogen files in my installation. There is no error message popping up, but actually during installation no file in the autogen folder is touched. Scenery is fine, autogen however not as expected. 

Could it be that the Autogenmodifier just modifies default files, but not custom files such as the ones installed by Orbx FTX?

I don't know. You should ask @Premek.

Good morning, I'm very angry about this scenario that I have hired several euro.
As you can see, on Prepar3D v3.2.3, with version 1.00 everything worked fine, including GSX.

Please login to display this image.

I uninstalled the old version 1 and installed the latest version and this is the result

There are no signs on the ground and there are no jeway - in other words, is a disaster - I also tried to uninstall GSX and install the latest version but nothing.

Unfortunately I deleted the old version 1 from my store when I downloaded the latest version and I can not go back - if you do not find a solution I will remove Prague from my virtual flight's destination.
Thank you

Paul

Paul, it looks like the AirportController is not working. Have you checked the correct entry in the exe.xml? Also check whether you have the simobject entry refering to Prague airport in the simobject.cfg.

I am sure Premek can help you if you send him the cfg files as mentioned on the 1st page of this thread.

I uninstalled again the scenario and, this time, I noticed that even APController has been uninstalled, something that did not happen when I uninstalled version 1 before. I reinstalled the scenario and I had to change the simobject file with the right call to Prague item by myself.
Now everything works fine, GXS also and this is important for me.
Thanks for your help and I apologize for the earlier outburst. I back fly to Prague.

cheers Paolo

13 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

@Cargostorm Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you've send me your files yet. 

1 hour ago, Fardel said:

I uninstalled again the scenario and, this time, I noticed that even APController has been uninstalled, something that did not happen when I uninstalled version 1 before. I reinstalled the scenario and I had to change the simobject file with the right call to Prague item by myself.
Now everything works fine, GXS also and this is important for me.
Thanks for your help and I apologize for the earlier outburst. I back fly to Prague.

cheers Paolo

Happy to see it works now ;-)

That's the AFCAD issue - eithor wrong or misisng treshod on RWY12.

Anyway I have to look at it as I can recall I did this intentionally because when there was treshold set it causes other issues.

I found that installing the Prague scenery into FSX and not FSX-SE worked, It wouldn't work by installing into FSX-SE. When I installed the scenery into my FSX-SE I had no taxiway or runway markings,but installing into FSX itself I now have the taxiway and runway markings. There was no entry in my FSX-SE.cfg regarding Prague or the AP Contrller,or the sceneries e.g. - Prague,Zurich,Split and Berlin-Tegel.

So from my conclusion it seems that because FSX and FSX-SE are 32bit programs and not 64bit programs is the reason as to why it has to be installed into FSX and not FSX-SE. As the ProgramFiles(X86),is not 64 bit and as we all know FSX is a 32bit program.

I also checked my FSX-SE Folder where my CFG,dlL and exe entriesl I found no entry for AP Controller. But when checking my FSX Folder where my CFG and dll and exe entries are I found an entry for AP Controller.

Sorry to go into too much detail,and I expect most people already know about this,but it is just my findings and how I have got my Prague scenery working with runway and taxiway markings showing. It's just the way Microsoft designed FSX for 32bit and not 64bit and DTG have carried on from where they left off,and although DTG have improved the program very much with regards to speed etc,it's just a shame that Microsoft or DTG have or haven't now made into a 64bit program when using Microsoft Windows 64bit.

• Deputy Sheriffs

10 minutes ago, craigy48 said:

So from my conclusion it seems that because FSX and FSX-SE are 32bit programs and not 64bit programs is the reason as to why it has to be installed into FSX and not FSX-SE. As the ProgramFiles(X86),is not 64 bit and as we all know FSX is a 32bit program.

Wrong conclusion, both programs are 32bit

Problem seems that youdid not install the program as Administrator (right click on the setupfile and choose "Run as Administrator"). That is important when you install software under ProgramFiles(X86), which is the default path for FSX:SE.

Archived