Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PilotEDDF said:

Still got problems with LKPR after several times reinstalling the scenery.

FSX SP2 ACC

WIN 10 64-Bit

ORBX GLOBAL

scenery.cfg

fsx.CFG

dll.xml

apc.cfg

2017-7-12_12-12-35-474.BMP

Hi,

Prague is not even mentioned in the APC.cfg and scenery.cfg. Are you installing it as an administrator?

Okay. Then we will have to make everything clean, and the process will be little bit weird.

1. Uninstall every Aerosoft scenery which is using APC. (LKPR, EDDT, LDSP, LSZH)

2. Delete the Airport Controller folder located in the *sim folder*/Aerosoft, and any folder which those sceneries left behind.

3. Install Prague

4. Install Zurich, Tegel and Split

5. If you will have jetways missing on arrival (only the jetways, ground textures should be fine), apply the patch

Hope this helps

Unfortunately, we can't make it more easier, until the Aerosoft will fix the installers :-)

2 minutes ago, PilotEDDF said:

I did all steps, bur still doesn't work for me. Still looking like in my first picture. What can I do?

Please login to display this image.

apc.cfg

The APC.cfg however, is looking better, because the Prague entry is present. Could you please send here the scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg as well? So I could see, if there is something different.

Hmm... there is something very strange. Especially that there is no mention of your addon airports in the scenery.cfg. One thing which is crossing my mind... I see that you are running the APC as an administrator. Have you tried running without that?

Great! So it was due to APC running as an administrator?

And ground service is fully automatic and it's following it's own schedule. And pushback is not implemented at this moment.

As for the gate, it would require a fair amount of modeling, and it is not on our schedule at this moment. Firstly, we need to finish the Ground handling, and then we will see.

Good Morning,

first of all: prague works fantastically in P3Dv4, well done!

Just a short question: the configuration tool doesn't work for me. After start it shows an errormessage and then the configuration-window is empty, only black. Nethertheless the jetways in Prague are working properly; Split I didn't tested yet but I have it installed too. I'll attach a screenshot.

mfg Kai

4 hours ago, Kai-Uwe said:

Good Morning,

first of all: prague works fantastically in P3Dv4, well done!

Just a short question: the configuration tool doesn't work for me. After start it shows an errormessage and then the configuration-window is empty, only black. Nethertheless the jetways in Prague are working properly; Split I didn't tested yet but I have it installed too. I'll attach a screenshot.

mfg Kai

Hello Kai,

I'll forward it to @Premek. In the meantime, everything the configuration tool does, is in the apc.cfg, so you can freely edit it manually.

Darrian

Hi,

just one small thing which needs mentioning. We need to fix one small thing in the APC to P3Dv4. Which results in HarvesterLauncher.bat not working. Here is, how you can fix it. We will fix it as soon as possible.

Go to the P3D V4 folder, and edit AirportController\Harvesterlauncher.bat (Right click on it and select edit).

cd  "*flight sim path*\Aerosoft\AirportController\"
HarvesterLauncher.exe "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\PREPAR3D v4\simobjects.cfg" "*flight sim path*" True

My example:

cd  "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\AirportController\"
HarvesterLauncher.exe "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\PREPAR3D v4\simobjects.cfg" "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Pr

After this, Harvesterlauncher.bat will be working properly.

On 14.7.2017 at 14:57, Kai-Uwe sagte:

thank you Darrian, I'look into it.

Kai

Hi Darrian,

no unusual things in the apc.cfg and it doesn't work yet. It looks like I have to wait for a fix from Premek.

Kai

• 2 weeks later...
On 18. 7. 2017 at 8:52 AM, Kai-Uwe said:

Hi Darrian,

no unusual things in the apc.cfg and it doesn't work yet. It looks like I have to wait for a fix from Premek.

Kai

Hi,

I've talked to Premek, and Configuration tool is not yet ready for the V4. But at this time, the only thing which Configuration tool does, is the enabling of Dynamic jetways and HD Textures. Which both can be enabled/disabled in the apc,cfg, Just change true to false and vice versa :-)

Hi,

Just today I installed Prague and Split. The problems were the same others seem to have.

Went through the possible solutions (haven't tried other airports yet using AirportController) and I could solve the problem. Fine, they do work.

BUT:

And there is a BIG BUT this time, I noticed something, which is probably a different and dreadful aspect of AirportController.

We all know that FSX and the earlier P3D versions were rather processor sensitive, FSX often peaking at 100% of processor usage, but fortunately the later P3D versions ported a lot of computing to the GPU, therefore having an average good PC and setup, one can easily observe that P3Dv4 is happy with 30-45% of CPU usage nowadays - of course depending on the actual load and situation.

Now comes that worse part: absolutely independently and regardless of where you fly, AirportController is using CPU between 1.6 and 3.2 percent - continuously!

That - in case of P3Dv4 - can easily represent 5-10 percent of ALL processing power stolen by AirportController, which is absolutely unacceptable!

AirportController does that regardless where you intend to fly, if you fly in South America, the programs still takes that considerable amount of processing power, by just sitting there and waiting to do anything with your airports in Europe.

Thus my personal solution was to rapidly uninstall these airports using AirportController, and the program itself, because naturally the benefits that it offers would never worth that much processor time and power.

I'm not sure if Aerosoft's developers are aware of this huge problem, if they are contemplating on a solution but I'm certain that you should think at least twice before installing any sceneries using this dreadful program, specially that there are similar solutions out there (for free) which do not at all take these horrible amount of resources.

Lapi

Hi Lapi

Isn't it weird you have bigger proc consumption in P3D than in FSX?

Sorry, but I'd doubt about your configuration...

59 minutes ago, Lapi said:

Hi,

Just today I installed Prague and Split. The problems were the same others seem to have.

Went through the possible solutions (haven't tried other airports yet using AirportController) and I could solve the problem. Fine, they do work.

BUT:

And there is a BIG BUT this time, I noticed something, which is probably a different and dreadful aspect of AirportController.

We all know that FSX and the earlier P3D versions were rather processor sensitive, FSX often peaking at 100% of processor usage, but fortunately the later P3D versions ported a lot of computing to the GPU, therefore having an average good PC and setup, one can easily observe that P3Dv4 is happy with 30-45% of CPU usage nowadays - of course depending on the actual load and situation.

Now comes that worse part: absolutely independently and regardless of where you fly, AirportController is using CPU between 1.6 and 3.2 percent - continuously!

That - in case of P3Dv4 - can easily represent 5-10 percent of ALL processing power stolen by AirportController, which is absolutely unacceptable!

AirportController does that regardless where you intend to fly, if you fly in South America, the programs still takes that considerable amount of processing power, by just sitting there and waiting to do anything with your airports in Europe.

Thus my personal solution was to rapidly uninstall these airports using AirportController, and the program itself, because naturally the benefits that it offers would never worth that much processor time and power.

I'm not sure if Aerosoft's developers are aware of this huge problem, if they are contemplating on a solution but I'm certain that you should think at least twice before installing any sceneries using this dreadful program, specially that there are similar solutions out there (for free) which do not at all take these horrible amount of resources.

Lapi

Hi Lapi,

first of all, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately the solution with multiple APC airports remains the same, because we have to wait until the Aerosoft will fix the installers.

However, if you have only 30 - 45% of CPU consumption in P3D, then I think that you have some serious bottleneck somewhere. My money is on the GPU. Because P3D may transfer a lot of computing to the GPU, but if you have a low or mid-end GPU, your performance may be even worse. Also you have not provided us the real numbers. Could you please write here your HW setup and FPS difference with APC running and not running?

Therefore I would like to join to Premek and say, that there must be something wrong either with your sim configuration, or hardware setup. On my build (i7 3770K OC to 4.3 GHz, Nvidia GTX 980), P3D is always taking 90% or more of my CPU, and GPU varies. Sometimes 50% sometimes 100%, however my FPS are roughly the same. Yes... Airport Controller always takes around 2 - 3% of my CPU.. BUT... since these are only few percent, it changes NOTHING on my overall P3D performance whether I have APC running or not.The Prague (which uses APC the most) is also one of my most FPS friendly sceneries I have. Performance is possibly even the same like with the default scenery. Also I recommend reading the first post, because Premek is explaining there, why is the APC running continuously wherever you are in your sim.

The last thing which I would like to mention, is that your statement "FSX often peaking at 100% of processor usage" is only partially correct. FSX is able to use 100% only CPUs with 2 cores or less, and is not able to effectively use 4-core and "more"-core CPUs.

Jan

• Premek locked this topic

Archived