Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So... the Prague is working with the Prepar3D V4. Only the docking system is slightly misplaced. At least that is the only thing I have noticed with my quick test.

You just need to manually edit few files. Here is a guide. Bear in mind that this is only a temporary solution until the Aerosoft or XHT makes the official version.

1) Install the Prepar3D V3 version of the scenery into the V4 folder.

2) Open the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\simobjects.cfg

Add following lines. Replace X with the next number in sequence.

[Entry.X]
PATH=Aerosoft\AirportController\CommonResources\Simobjects
TITLE=Airport Controller
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.X]
Title=Mega Airport Prague
Path=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects
Required=True
Active=True

3) Then in the same folder open exe.xml. And add following line. Replace *flight sim path* with the path to your sim. For example: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\AirportController\APController.exe

<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>XHT.APController</Name>
		<Path>*flight sim path*\Aerosoft\AirportController\APController.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

My example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>XHT.APController</Name>
		<Path>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\AirportController\APController.exe</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

4) Then go to the P3D V4 folder, and edit Aerosoft\AirportController\Harvesterlauncher.bat (Right click on it and select edit).

cd  "*flight sim path*\Aerosoft\AirportController\"
HarvesterLauncher.exe "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\PREPAR3D v4\simobjects.cfg" "*flight sim path*" True

My example:

cd  "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\AirportController\"
HarvesterLauncher.exe "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\PREPAR3D v4\simobjects.cfg" "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" True

5) Launch P3D V4, and add D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague into the Scenery Library.

6) Enjoy!

I believe that this is all, but I have written it after I managed to get it working, so I could forget something. You can let me know here :-)

Please login to display this image.

Hello,

is it possible to use LKPR together with Berlin-Tegel, Split, Zürich und PTA?

I'm missing parts from the scenery (APController is running) like Taxilines, ... . There are some post with this Problems month ago, but no working solution.

Today I deleted Prag togehter with Split, Berlin, Zürich and the APController folder. After that, a new install for Prag (only) was done. APController is running, but still no taxilines, ...

Any working solution? Month's are over, and Aerosoft hasn't done anything! A disappointment for customers!

I uninstalled Prague from a long time this is the worst scenery ever . Don't waste ur time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Hisham Selim said:

I uninstalled Prague from a long time this is the worst scenery ever . Don't waste ur time

Worst scenery? Are you kidding me?! One of the most FPS friendly and one of the most detailed sceneres for FSX/P3D.

Also I'd like to point out that Aerosoft is still not competent enough to actually fix the installers, and this is the problem of an installer, not the scenery. APC works as it should.

6 minutes ago, Hisham Selim said: I uninstalled Prague from a long time this is the worst scenery ever . Don't waste ur time

Worst scenery? Are you kidding me?! One of the most FPS friendly and one of the most detailed sceneres for FSX/P3D.

Also I'd like to point out that Aerosoft is still not competent enough to actually fix the installers, and this is the problem of an installer, not the scenery. APC works as it should.

I installed it several times and on arrival to the airport no taxiways sign and all jetways vanished and doesn't reappear again very bad really

Hi Hisham

I'm afraid the problem is the configuration of your simulator/computer.  

On 2nd December 2016 I offered you to look at this computer via Team Viewer but you didn't come back to me. 

Good evening

I just add to first post zipped file 'LKPR_objects.bgl' which fixes misplaced VDGS in P3D v4.

Replace it in folder '[SimFolder]\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\scenery'.

Right now working on small script allowing install LKPR to P3D v4 without manual files editing.

Hi all

Just added a 'APC-to-P3Dv4' tool which will do all the stuff mentioned by DarrienCZE in post #907 (thanks Darrien :-) ) and will also replace the 'LKPR_objects.bgl' which caused VDGS misplacement.

So, to install Mega Airport Prague to P3D v4:

1. install the scenery using latest installer (version 1.05)

2. apply the 'Pathway missing on arrival' patch

3. run the 'APC-to-P3Dv4' tool (as ADMINISTRATOR!)

4. Only in a case the tool complains about the paths, use the parameters in command line listed in the spolier.

Just for your info - the VDGS misplacement was due to a bug persisting in FSX/P3D for ages - BGL (non-animated) objects was placed differently then SimObjects (bit simplified - one of them take the AGL, one of them the AGS). This caused for instance a known bug when when a developer tried to place a light/effect on a poles placed by BGL, on some locations the effect/light could be even half a meter from the pole. This bug was fixed in v4 and hence our correction caused opposite effect :-) Have to say the SDK documentation looks like some is trying hard to improve it. Thanks L-M ;-)

7 hours ago, Premek said:

install the scenery using latest installer

And where do we find the latest installer ...? I have v1.05 and according to SimMarket that's still the latest version.

Hi Terblanche

Long time didn't hear from you :-)

Yeah, the 1.05 is the one I meant.

Thanks for the question, post updated.

1 minute ago, Premek said:

Yeah, the 1.05 is the one I meant.

Okay, I was hoping there is a P3Dv4 installer that will do everything without going through the above editing.

I've been quiet because 90% of the time I'm flying the FSLabs A320X and have problems with the gates and sometimes there are no gates at all but ground textures are there meaning the APC is running. Nevertheless ... I'm sure in time LKPR will be effortless.

If you have used all the things provided in the first post correctly, you would be completely without problems. And if so, then you must be truly special case ;-)

Also... we would be more than happy to have P3Dv4 installer, but that is only under condition that Aerosoft would bother make one. There is need for new installers way before v4 went out. But Aerosoft is either lazy or incompetent enough to do that :-) And that is a fact.

On 1. 3. 2017 at 10:43 AM, Guenter Zehnel said:

Hello Stefan,

the new installers are still in our queue.

At the moment our staff is still fully involved in the migration of our download shop to the new system.

As soon as the new shop runs stable we will have time to rework the installers for all airports using the APC.

I expect we are able to update these installers within the next two weeks. 

Next two weeks you say? Hmm... what date is today? Oh... 7th of June. Wow! Really long two weeks here.

considering when V4 was available for testing/evaluating to AS / the devs....

....I wand it all, i want it all and I want it now.... (Queen 1989)

• Administrator

Hello,

our staff is working hard on it.

As the problem would also happen with P3D v4 we have to rework all of the installer.

I hope we will finish the new installer within next week.

Hi Henry

You can find the link to the tool in the very first post of this thread in its second spoiler:

Please login to display this image.

Hi Premek, I am now having serious issues with sode both in Pd3 v3.4 and  P3dV4. As soon as I start P3Dv3 I get an error message that I have outdated exe and xml entries present and then the sim launches twice after which I then get an error  that I have 2 simulators running, which I have and I cannot break away from it, I then get a warning of duplicate acft. which need to be deleted. I am currently using 1.52 ( which I have just reinstalled) and the problems seem to be with the platform manager I cannot register P3dV3.4.. P3d V4 registers but that now crashes after the setup page. I  am now close to tearing out what little hair I have left and your help is badly needed. Perhaps a team viewer?  I have enclosed a copy of the diagnostic tool

Thankyou

P3DV3-diagnostic.log

• Premek locked this topic

Archived