Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

Without reading through all 27 pages in this thread I just want to ask before I do a fresh reinstall of Prague if I still need a fix called JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch when I install version 1.05 or has version 1.05 been updated to already include this fix?

Inside the JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch I have the below files:

2016-07-31  13:42            44 032 APController.exe
2016-07-31  13:42            44 032 FsxProxy.dll
2016-07-31  13:42             8 192 GroundTrafficController.dll
2016-07-31  13:42            64 512 SimProxy.dll
2016-07-31  13:42            79 360 VehicleDispatcher.dll

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@WebMaximus You need to apply the patch over 1.05

On 1. 11. 2016 at 0:15 AM, ahuimanu said:

EDIT: Something, maybe the migration tool, had MASSIVELY screwed up the simobjects.cfg file.  Many more entries beyond just Prague needed fixing for P3D v3

@ahuimanu Thanks for finding this.

Still, let me quote what is written in first post " PLEASE DO NOT USE utility called "Migration Tool"!!! It corrupts configuration!!!!"

Tonight when I made my first flight into Prague after installing the scenery in a fresh P3Dv3.2 installation I had no runway lights during my approach and the taxiways as well as the apron didn't look very good to say the least as seen in the screenshots below. Also I had no jetways.

I remember I had this issue with bad ground textures in the past and I think the problem then was that APC wasn't running but this time it was running.

Any idea what could cause this?

Please login to display this image.

check if entry numbers of simobject.cfg and p3d.cfg are equal, due to some stupid reason sometimes is changed

after loading p3d a few times, so I Always checked them before launching p3d, when flying to apc controlled airports.

29 minutes ago, sydney1962 said:

check if entry numbers of simobject.cfg and p3d.cfg are equal, due to some stupid reason sometimes is changed

after loading p3d a few times, so I Always checked them before launching p3d, when flying to apc controlled airports.

Checked the numbering in simobjects.cfg and looks all good to me. Not sure what file you're referring to when you say p3d.cfg but guess you mean prepar3d.cfg? However in that file I'm not aware of any numbering and I don't understand what you mean when you say they should be equal?

OK...so I've now tried testing everything I can think of...

- making sure APController.exe is running and applied the fix discussed a few posts back

- configured APController.exe to start as admin/not admin

- tried to manually end APController.exe with P3D already running and then manually restarting APController.exe as admin/not admin

- making sure the entry in exe.xml under C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 looks good and points to the correct APController.exe

- making sure there's not another entry for APController.exe in exe.xml found under C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

- tried moving the entry for APController.exe in exe.xml to the top of the file to make sure it will load first

- deleted my shader cache

...so...guess next step unless someone has a solution will be to get rid of this airport and I'll probably get rid of any other airport using APController.exe as well at the same time because I'm getting really tired of these endless issues with this external module...

On 04/11/2016 at 10:05 AM, WebMaximus said:

OK...so I've now tried testing everything I can think of...

...so...guess next step unless someone has a solution will be to get rid of this airport and I'll probably get rid of any other airport using APController.exe as well at the same time because I'm getting really tired of these endless issues with this external module...

I have exactly the same.... I've tried everything, but nothing works... Frustrating

6 minutes ago, isaiah said:

I have exactly the same.... I've tried everything, but nothing works... Frustrating

Yep, I know...

Premek kindly offered to connect to my PC to troubleshoot the issue but I decided to "solve" the issue by doing what I said in a previous post...getting rid of all airports using APC.

I then manually wiped any leftover traces of both these airports as well as APC itself both from the file system as well as from the registry.

Feels great actually :) and going forward I will steer clear of any airports using APC.

On 5. 11. 2016 at 0:02 PM, WebMaximus said:

Yep, I know...

Premek kindly offered to connect to my PC to troubleshoot the issue but I decided to "solve" the issue by doing what I said in a previous post...getting rid of all airports using APC.

I then manually wiped any leftover traces of both these airports as well as APC itself both from the file system as well as from the registry.

Feels great actually :) and going forward I will steer clear of any airports using APC.

SODE is actually bigger pain in the *** for me than APC :D

16 minutes ago, DarrianCZE said:

SODE is actually bigger pain in the *** for me than APC :D

In my case now that most airports have been updated to work with the latest version of SODE it actually works OK over here.

Can't say I ever use any SODE features though, at least any that I know of ;)

Hi all, landed at RWY 24 tonight and also noticed missing jetways. I read something about this 'JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch' patch, but where can I find it? Indeed I have some outdated files. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Found it here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=83776

Leaves one question; is there a possibility to download the most recent version of APController? And the LKPR Prague version at page #1 is v1.06? Current Aerosoft installer is v.105?

17 hours ago, Er!k said:

Hi all, landed at RWY 24 tonight and also noticed missing jetways. I read something about this 'JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch' patch, but where can I find it? Indeed I have some outdated files. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Found it here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=83776

Leaves one question; is there a possibility to download the most recent version of APController? And the LKPR Prague version at page #1 is v1.06? Current Aerosoft installer is v.105?

Version of APC and version of the scenery are two different things. You should have the most recent version of APC :-)

On 12. 11. 2016 at 1:47 AM, thokle said:

I got the same issue with the missing ground textures...
Sim: P3D v3.4
Scenery version: 1.05 with the newest APC

@thokle Read first post of this thread till the end to find a soution, please.

19 hours ago, AlesX said:

Hi all,

please, how to acivate winter textures? Even though it's snowing and it's cold, all textures are summer.

@AlesX Hi Ales, the seasons are set as follows:

Spring: 1.3. - 31.5.
Summer: 1.6. - 31.8.
Autumn: 1.9. - 30.9.
Mild Winter: 1.10. - 30.9. / 1.2. - 29.2.
Hard Winter: 1.12. - 31.1.

11 hours ago, Premek said:

@AlesX  Hi Ales, ročné obdobie sú stanovené nasledovne:

Pružina: 1,3. . - 31.5
Leto: 1,6. . - 31.8
Jeseň: 1,9. . - 30.9
Mierna zima: 1,10. - 30.9. / 1,2. . - 29.2
Hard Winter: 1,12. - 31.1.

And November? :P

Archived