Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

12 hours ago, Premek said:

Hello all

After weeks of trying to inspect the code and trying to reproduce the issue in case you're starting on a different airport there are no jetways on arrival to LKPR I'd like to ask those who experience it to help me with issue identification.

I'd need you to supply as many details as possible me to be able to find a common point which can cause the issue. I'm interested in your HW (especially GPU) and a/c add-ons you're experiencing it with. Also, could you please try reproduce this issue with default sim aircraft?

Many thanks for your help,

Premek

Premek,

I did a flight from EDDF to LKPR. I loaded p3d v3 in Prague on the runway, confirmed that jetways were present. I then went to the location settings and changed to EDDF, and performed the flight in the Aerosoft Airbus X. Previously, I did not load in Prague to begin with, and so I struggled with p3d crashing on final approach to Prague, but this time, it did not happen. The jetways did not load, and so I restarted airport controller from my taskbar where I had it pinned. The jetways came back, but I suffered a massive drop in framerate, to the point where it was stuttering so much I had difficulty taxiing to the gate. The safedock system was not working, and there were two images of the same thing that were offset from each other. The jetways did not move to the aircraft, and GSX had forgotten all about the fact that there were jetways where I was. 

I'm running Windows 10 with an intel i7 core, MSi GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, 16 GB Ram, MSi motherboard (I can't remember which one I had.

Let me know if there is something that I can do to help testing wise.

Diký moc!!

Christian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Zingy said:

Hello, I have that over and over mentioned issue with blurry textures at LKPR. I have tried litarally everything but nothing helped. I'm running FSX:SE. I have also run Task Manager whether apcontroller runs or not and I can clearly see that it does. So I have reinstalled as for FSX but even this time whitout success. I would really appreciate any kind of help. :)

@Zingy Have you read the first post of this thread?

On 9/19/2016 at 9:21 AM, Ymu said:

Hi,

I have the A320 FSLabs and it isn't recognized in LKPR scenery. I run "HarvesterLauncher" but it's always the same thing.

Ctrl+J doesn't run anyway.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Ymu,

I could send you the sections for the aircraft file for FSL.
Sadly for some reason this doesn't help with jetways. I'll try to follow up on those with Premek when he gets a chance.

Hi,Z

Tkanks for your answer. I know that the A320FSL is not like other aircrafts... It's not a problem for me.. just that you say that .. and perhaps you have a idea for recognizing this A320.

I'm waiting ^_^

10 hours ago, Premek said:

@Zingy Have you read the first post of this thread?

Yes, I have. As I said, I have done everything already mentioned in this thread. Well, everything, that could solve my problem, but I did not succeed. 

17 hours ago, Zingy said:

Yes, I have. As I said, I have done everything already mentioned in this thread. Well, everything, that could solve my problem, but I did not succeed. 

@Zingy Even sending mail with configuration files to 'support@aerosoft.de' ? ;-)

Hello,

I have got a problem with docking system. Docking system writing me UNKN TYPE. I tried to start HarvesterLauncher but docking system writing me further.

Do not know how to fix this problem?

Thank you

@Premek - for a handful of reasons I hardly ever fly to LKPR anymore because there is just forever some sort of issue ...

Last weekend I've tried with the FSLaps A320 after running HaversterLauncher.bat and although gates were there, it doesn't attach to aircraft. This morning I tried with the Dash8 and hold and behold this time NO gates.

There has never been a more nonsensical, more finicky, persistently more issues, and more annoying airport scenery in the history of FSX.

NOTHING has changed on my machine, APC is running and I've never had an 'APC stopped working' again since I've moved APC to the top of the list in exe.xml ... but I have to say, I'm tired of arriving at an airport never knowing if something, somewhere will again be a problem.

And yes, <DynamicJetways>true</DynamicJetways> is set in apc.cfg

And yes, I've checked, the gates are there and working at LSZH

:mellow: - I give up .............................

Please login to display this image.

Terblanche, you're right. I gave up too.

This Mega Airport Prague is waste of money because all of it's exasperation of not working well.

Ad

It really is a shame there are these issues for what appears to be a really good scenery. It's these issues that have stopped me purchasing the scenery. Once they are resolved I'll certainly part with my money.

Nick

This really depends. I had only one issue with APController, which was fixed by Premek when the 1.0 came out. Since then... no issues whatsoever. Even jetways are working perfectly.

Regarding the disappearing jetways on return back to LKPR - the biggest problem I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

And unfortunately I've got only two (2) reasonable detailed reproduction description from @Kitty Hawk @Guhijo (again thanks guys). 

I spend more than 50 hrs flying (it's probably most in 4 years time) from whatever direction/destination but no "success" - the jetways are always there. 

I'm not saying it is not making problem at any of your computers, but I could not find it and hence not able to fix it :-(

So, may I encourage you again - please if you're experiencing this issue - could you please send a detailed description like this or this one?

Many thanks in advance

Hi Premek. I meant no disregard by my post. If you took it this way, I apologize. As I said, your scenery looks really good. It is simply hesitation on my part. After being "burned" by a certain developer in that past who could not fix their own scenery, you can appreciate that I am more cautious these days. Your level of dedication to product trouble shooting is certainly very impressive.

Nick

On 5. 10. 2016 at 11:34 AM, Premek said:

I spend more than 50 hrs flying (it's probably most in 4 years time) from whatever direction/destination but no "success" - the jetways are always there. 

I'm not saying it is not making problem at any of your computers, but I could not find it and hence not able to fix it :-(

Hello Přemek,

do you want me to try something with my existing scenery setup - maybe some trials if the problem with disappearing jetways gets solved.

I don't know what, but for instance reinstalling the scenery or reinstalling the airport controller (I am not using any other scenery with AC, so maybe it can be reinstalled somehow).

If you do, please PM me some instructions and I might try to do some tests and see if it helps.

Richard

Does anyone else have also issue that approach and runway lights don't turn on even when the visibility is lower than 1600m?

In example below the visibility is set to 800m. As you can see, AirportController is working fine, markings and PAPIs are there. All approach, runway and taxiway lights works at night, but not during low visibility.

This is version 1.05 on P3D v3.0 on Windows 10. Also I did a clean install just to be sure.

On 10/8/2016 at 11:10 PM, Trainzak said:

Does anyone else have also issue that approach and runway lights don't turn on even when the visibility is lower than 1600m?

In example below the visibility is set to 800m. As you can see, AirportController is working fine, markings and PAPIs are there. All approach, runway and taxiway lights works at night, but not during low visibility.

This is version 1.05 on P3D v3.0 on Windows 10. Also I did a clean install just to be sure.

Could you please send me a message to support (at) xht-labs.com ?

Thanks,

Premek

• 3 weeks later...

I just got finished fighting this airport's problems (version 1.05) in P3Dv3.  Solutions:

• The P3D v3 change from locating exe.xml from "%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" to "%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" meant a duplicate entry - but the "SimConfigurationFixer" application linked in the first post of this thread helped to fix this.
  • simobjects.cfg was wrong, It appeared as this:

[Entry.x]
Title=MegaAirportPrague
Path=Aerosoft\MegaAirportPrague\simobjects <-- The actual folder has spaces in the name "Mega Airport Prague"
Required=True
Active=True

So, I corrected it to this:

[Entry.x]
Title=MegaAirportPrague
Path=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects <-- See the spaces in the name?
Required=True
Active=True

The result:

It now works.

EDIT: Something, maybe the migration tool, had MASSIVELY screwed up the simobjects.cfg file.  Many more entries beyond just Prague needed fixing for P3D v3

Archived