Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

1 hour ago, Premek said:

Hi all

You can now download Configuration Tool  from first post of this thread.

Place it into the AirportController folder.

Using this tool, you can switch the dynamic jetways on or off.

Can you tell me about this error (see attachment)?

Thanks

Dom

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also in my case, dynamic jetways enabled cost 10-12 FPS (30+ FPS with static jetways compared to 19-21 FPS with dynamic jetways enabled) on P3D v3.3, i7-6700K, Win10.

How can this be solved?

Mark

8 hours ago, mjansen said:

Also in my case, dynamic jetways enabled cost 10-12 FPS (30+ FPS with static jetways compared to 19-21 FPS with dynamic jetways enabled) on P3D v3.3, i7-6700K, Win10.

How can this be solved?

@mjansen This is due to the "consumption" of dynamic jetways. It could happen on under-average machines with complex or on average machines with add-ons like Aerosoft Airbus or PMDG stuff.

Use Configuration Tool to switch to static jetways.

My rig is an i7-6700K, overclocked to 4,6 GHz. I wouldn't call that average. Why not use CTRL-J jetways or SODE 1.3.3 if the APC-method is apparently so consuming for the FPS? Many users report the same issue.

Thanks!

Mark

On 6/27/2016 at 1:36 AM, Premek said:

@meccadom Please contact me via e-mail 'support (at) xht-labs.com'

Looks like one of your aircraft have non-standard 'aircraft.cfg' file.

Hello Premek

Have been able to look at the files I sent you?  I cannot get the jetways to function and the visual docking displays "unktyp"

Thanls

Dom

14 hours ago, mjansen said:

My rig is an i7-6700K, overclocked to 4,6 GHz. I wouldn't call that average. Why not use CTRL-J jetways or SODE 1.3.3 if the APC-method is apparently so consuming for the FPS? Many users report the same issue.

Thanks!

Mark

Well...yes... my PC is not average as well. Getting around 35 - 45 FPS without Jetways, and 15 - 25 with jetways. And also heavy stuttering.

i7 3770K, overclocked to 4,3 GHz

16GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 680 2GB VRAM

1 hour ago, DarrianCZE said:

Well...yes... my PC is not average as well. Getting around 35 - 45 FPS without Jetways, and 15 - 25 with jetways. And also heavy stuttering.

Ditto - and since 1.04 APC will (7/10 times) "stop working" when FSX starts up ... <sigh> ... must say, I'm about to give up on LKPR.

If anything - I wish for a simple, straight forward FOLDER with SCENERY and TEXTURES sub-folders. No APC, SODE or whatever that will interfere and let AES handle the jetways. That's the way FSX was designed and it's been working with 99% of all scenery for almost a decade.

2 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

Ditto - and since 1.04 APC will (7/10 times) "stop working" when FSX starts up ... <sigh> ... must say, I'm about to give up on LKPR.

If anything - I wish for a simple, straight forward FOLDER with SCENERY and TEXTURES sub-folders. No APC, SODE or whatever that will interfere and let AES handle the jetways. That's the way FSX was designed and it's been working with 99% of all scenery for almost a decade.

Don't be that harsh. Since the problem with GSX was solved, I had no technical issue with the Prague besides FPS drop with dynamic jetways. There is probably something wrong with your PC or Sim :-)

Sorry to say it very hard, Premek, but in my opinion the whole APC experiment is just a big failure.

Just, problems, problems and problems....

Ad

Just now, Ad said:

Sorry to say it very hard, Premek, but in my opinion the whole APC experiment is just a big failure.

Just, problems, problems and problems....

APC is still a "baby". And at the start of every software... there are bugs... crashes... and so on. Just let it grow up :-) Possibilities of APC are really huge, and can benefit not only Prague, but also other future airports. Jetways and lights are just a start.

11 minutes ago, DarrianCZE said:

There is probably something wrong with your PC or Sim

Believe me, with 1.03 there was for the first time NO crashes/time-out with APC. Without sounding blasé I have a very good understanding of *.xml and *.cfg files and can guarantee that they are 100% as they should be. Yes, I have a massive amount of scenery and add-ons and they all work perfectly except APC. I also only activates the scenery that I'm flying from and to and for the rest my FSX is running very smoothly. I do however have different start-up files where the fsx.cfg is exactly the same except for the situation file it will load. The situation files are also exactly the same except for the aircraft it will load at a specific airport. Just an old habit of only flying an aircraft out of the airport it was parked the last time ^_^

31 minutes ago, DarrianCZE said:

APC is still a "baby". And at the start of every software... there are bugs... crashes... and so on. Just let it grow up :-) Possibilities of APC are really huge, and can benefit not only Prague, but also other future airports. Jetways and lights are just a start.

APC isn't a baby anymore, it was used the first time with the scenery of Split (LDSP) that was released 14 months ago.

And then a lot of problems started already ....

I'm not happy to have so much problems with a new purchased scenery and looking like to be a beta tester.

I agree, new software must grow up, but after 14 months you have to admit that the APC problems aren't still under control.

We are here already at page 19 and that just for a new released scenery.

But..it's only my opinion.

Ad

Vor 1 Stunde, Terblanche sagte:

If 1.04 makes so much trouble (especially regarding dynamic jetways, FPS drop and APC), I would just stick with 1.03 for the time-being.

21 minutes ago, Ad said:

APC isn't a baby anymore, it was used the first time with the scenery of Split (LDSP) that was released 14 months ago.

And then a lot of problems started already ....

I'm not happy to have so much problems with a new purchased scenery and looking like to be a beta tester.

I agree, new software must grow up, but after 14 months you have to admit that the APC problems aren't still under control.

We are here already at page 19 and that just for a new released scenery.

But..it's only my opinion.

Ad

APC has only a limited functionality with Split, Zurich and etc. The full potential comes with Prague. So this is something different.

17 hours ago, meccadom said:

Hello Premek

Have been able to look at the files I sent you?  I cannot get the jetways to function and the visual docking displays "unktyp"

Thanls

Dom

@meccadom Sorry Dom, but checked again right now and didn't get any mail from your address :-(

So, any news on how to prevent low FPS with jetways enabled on high-end systems? What is currently being done to investigate this issue?

Mark

Just don't get it perfect scenery all you had to do was use sode for the jetways and that's it why invent and then send the product like beta testing why just tell me why do you guys do it and then you are surprised people get pissed of you are playing with people's money and time that is the main point get it sorted once and for all and just drop this apc bullocks as it is just a waste of time and money 

On 1. 7. 2016 at 11:56 AM, mjansen said:

So, any news on how to prevent low FPS with jetways enabled on high-end systems? What is currently being done to investigate this issue?

Mark

@mjansen I'm working on this and probably find a way how to improve the DynamicJetways performance significantly. Please stay tuned.

EDIT: Finished the performance fix and it looks really promising. I'll send it for testing adn if everuthing goes well, I believe we can have a new installer with this fix next week.

I will start by saying I haven't read through all 19 pages in this thread so you'll have to excuse me if I'm asking about something that was already answered.

I just did my first flight into LKPR and the experience wasn't really good I'm afraid. Below is what the ground looked like with no taxi lines and when I tried to taxi in to stand 19 which proved to be a bit hard with no taxi lines to align with all of a sudden the nose gear sank through the ground.

Are these known issues or does this indicate something went wrong during the installation of the scenery? I'm using the latest version of P3Dv3 on a Win 10 machine and the version of Prague is 1.04

This is what it looked like...

quite sure that entries of simobject.cfg en prepar3d.cfg are not same numbers, every time when installing

updates apcontrolled airports they are screwed up.

Archived