Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

Please note, that the support for Mega Airport Prague is now provided directly by XHT Labs.

In case you experience any issues, please fill the form.

A support ticket will be created for you and you'll be informed about that.

Hope this will make our support faster and help you to enjoy the scenery.

Also, you can visit us on Facebook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening -

I've read the link to APC Troubleshooting and I can click all the recommendations. I've just installed your new (long anticipated) Prague scenery. And there it was again ... the same APC BS. Uninstalled, reinstalled - then back to a backup of exe.xml and dll.xml. Loaded the scenery and it looked like attached picture. Then manually started APC in Aerosoft folder in FSX. Then textures were back. Meanwhile in the background the SIMCONNECT windows keeps popping up. Although ASN and EFB and Pro/ATC are running perfectly on second computer and they are connected to FSX.

The Prague scenery looks beautiful and blends well in with ORBX Europe LC but damn, this APC nonsense is driving me insane. My rig is perfectly tuned and everything works 100% - the last thing one needs after a long week and a purchase of a scenery that I was so looking forward to, is this APC "stopped working" or it seems to load but the scenery looks like the picture and then a manual start while Simconnect, for some reason, is uphappy in the background.

Any other way to fix this?

Please

Regards

Terblanche Jordaan

Please login to display this image.

Hello Premek, I am missing the progressive taxi lines near the terminals. Normally I use AES or GSX for this; but since both not available/working I found out that these lines are not visible near the terminals (FSX SP2).

@Terblanche I am having nearly the exact same issue as you. But in my case everything looks fine until i choose a gate via the GSX interface. Right after clicking the crisp ground textures turn into what we see on your photo. i assume it is also a APC related issue.

PS: when installing MA Prague this message appears - maybe it has something to do with this. And when i try to open the AirportController.exe this message appears (look at the attachments - sorry but I can only get these messages in german)

Yip, Axel - the only difference is the language, the result is the same. You can start APC then manually in the Aerosoft folder in FSX and then miraculously the ground scenery appears. I've only used GSX for push back ... because at this stage I'm more concern to get the scenery to load properly without an APC crash. Must say, I am rather frustrated with all of this. I don't want to compare Aerosoft with other scenery design houses but come on boys, get rid of this APC 'müll' :huh:

Hope there is an answer for this soon.

T

@Terblanche the thing is that i cant even open the APC manually because after double clicking it and running it as an administrater it crashes due to code 4 (like in the aatached photo above). Quite frustrating...

Guys, I assume you have installed the sim connect files as mentioned above...

Then, try this:

1.) deactivate APController in exe.xml, which avoids loading at sim start.

2.) start the sim and LKPR

3.) when scenery is finally loaded, then start APController.exe manually. 

It should work this way.  Only one instance of APCController should be running. If you still get error messages, then something else must be wrong.

Regards,

Chris

@Cargosturm Thank you very much for this advice but as soon as you go back into the GSX menu again the apron disappears again...so its still not working properly. But it seems to be a known issue on which its worked at the moment so hopefully we will get an update/fix on that in some days from now.

Regards,

Constantin

Constantin, ok that is strange, because I can open GSX menus and everything remains running.

I have to say though that I have copied all entries concerning Addon Manager and couatl.exe from the AppData\Roaming... folder into the respective files at the P3D ProgramData... folder.

I also made sure that these entries appear on top of all other entries.  There are some problems with different simconnect versions that affect Addon manager when not being placed correctly.

There are some gates with has 3 jetway bridges now to support the A380. I believe this is gate 14 and maybe even more heavy gates?

vor 10 Stunden , Cargostorm sagte:

I have to say though that I have copied all entries concerning Addon Manager and couatl.exe from the AppData\Roaming... folder into the respective files at the P3D ProgramData... folder.

I also made sure that these entries appear on top of all other entries.  There are some problems with different simconnect versions that affect Addon manager when not being placed correctly.

Very good advice. However, why would you remove the entries for Couatl and the Addon Manager from the exe.xml in the AppData\Roaming folder and leave them in the exe.xml in the ProgramData folder and not the other way around? I had that discussion before since I have two entries for the AirportController. One in AppData, one in ProgramData.

Why are there even two places where the exe.xml can be located? Which one is really the correct one? Having two exe.xml files on one system is really prone to creating a mess. 

Does anyone know what Lockheed-Martin's specifications/recommendations are to that end? I would really like to get rid of one of the exe.xml and keep all the entries in one.

Thanks,

Jan

vor 5 Stunden , hawx2k sagte:

Does anyone know what Lockheed-Martin's specifications/recommendations are to that end?

LM recommends for addons to use the *.xml files in ProgramData folder.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/add-ons/add-on_configuration.html

At the end, when P3D starts, the *xml are merged from both loactions.

Just make sure that you do not have entries of the same Addon in the exe.xml and dll.xml at AppData\Roaming... AND ProgramData...
With one exception: If you use ASN, leave it at AppData\Roaming.

Furthermore, one also has to check upon updating a addon whether there are not double entries at the two locations. I once had a dll entry at both locations which resulted in a weather.dll error when closing P3D.

That said, I have all my entries in the *.xml files at the ProgramData, with AddonManager and couatl.exe on top (there once was a discussion on about this in the FSDT forum, and the result was that it was better to place the entries on top). ASN is the only entry that I live at the original installed location in order to avoid a mess.

Hi, I'm on FSX-SE and I just installed this scenery because I have been waiting for it for a long time. I launch it and there are no markings or anything like in  @Terblanche photo, A fix would be much appreciated. 

Hello,

after my first approach into LKPR I recognize that there are no ILS Approaches possible. You will get only visual approaches for all 4 runway directions even if you change winds or wetaher manually....and there is also no chance to change the type of approach in the MS ATC window....only visual approaches and I checked there is only one AFCAD in use.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

Mark

I'm also getting issues as well, just installed into FSX-Steam and I have no markings or any gates. I thought this was initially an Orbx Vector problem but it's not. Uninstalled and re-installed but nothing has fixed it.

I have same issue as Locarno1 described, also on FSX:SE... I think Im going to uninstall this scenery and I will go back to one from www.vacc-cz.org which is not perfect but it is flyable. I hope that aerosoft will fix this issue quickly. 

Hi, i found one more issue on P3D v3.2. The ground textures at nigh are looking very weird, just take a look at the screenshots.

Před 7 hodinami, gforce800 řekl:

Ahoj, našel jsem ještě jednu otázku na P3D v3.2. Pozemní textury na Nigh hledají velmi podivné, stačí se podívat na screenshoty.

Před 3 minuty, Tomáš Zima řekl:

Just now, Tomas Zima said:

Hello,

I bought Mega Airport Prague yesterday. I use ORBIX GLOBAL, OPEN EUROPE LC, Vector and I can't see any buildings on the airport. How is it possible? Thank you.

Hi all

Back at my keyboard and will try to answer/hlp/fix all the issues as soon as possible.

First of all - the GSX issue is not problem of Airport Controller, but problem of GSX which is killing our objects. This probem was fixed in past together with Umberto and I have to investigate why is this issue back on stage.

You to have an idea, here is my plan for fixes:

1 - tackle all the issues with not running APC. As the APC is around for more than a year, believe me that from September/October all the reported issues were caused by non/standard/squeezed installation of FSX/P3D prior APC has to be installed.

2 - investigate the issue with GSX. This could be pain and can take long time

3 - missing buildings - especially fingers. I need to get in touch with those who experiencing this issue.

4 - Autogen Modifier issue - this has to be done together with Aerosoft guys so we'll be wroking on that from tomorrow.

5 - AFCAD fixes

Now, let's answer you r posts:

On 13. 5. 2016 at 9:47 PM, Terblanche said:

Good evening -

I've read the link to APC Troubleshooting and I can click all the recommendations. I've just installed your new (long anticipated) Prague scenery. And there it was again ... the same APC BS. Uninstalled, reinstalled - then back to a backup of exe.xml and dll.xml. Loaded the scenery and it looked like attached picture. Then manually started APC in Aerosoft folder in FSX. Then textures were back. Meanwhile in the background the SIMCONNECT windows keeps popping up. Although ASN and EFB and Pro/ATC are running perfectly on second computer and they are connected to FSX.

The Prague scenery looks beautiful and blends well in with ORBX Europe LC but damn, this APC nonsense is driving me insane. My rig is perfectly tuned and everything works 100% - the last thing one needs after a long week and a purchase of a scenery that I was so looking forward to, is this APC "stopped working" or it seems to load but the scenery looks like the picture and then a manual start while Simconnect, for some reason, is uphappy in the background.

Any other way to fix this?

Please

Regards

Terblanche Jordaan

Hi did you send the CFG files please?

On 13. 5. 2016 at 9:59 PM, Er!k said:

Hello Premek, I am missing the progressive taxi lines near the terminals. Normally I use AES or GSX for this; but since both not available/working I found out that these lines are not visible near the terminals (FSX SP2).

Not sure what you mean Erik

On 13. 5. 2016 at 10:20 PM, Axel Schweiß said:

@Terblanche the thing is that i cant even open the APC manually because after double clicking it and running it as an administrater it crashes due to code 4 (like in the aatached photo above). Quite frustrating...

Have you read the troubleshooting post? 

If nothing helped, send CFG files

On 13. 5. 2016 at 11:01 PM, Cargostorm said:

Guys, I assume you have installed the sim connect files as mentioned above...

Then, try this:

1.) deactivate APController in exe.xml, which avoids loading at sim start.

2.) start the sim and LKPR

3.) when scenery is finally loaded, then start APController.exe manually. 

It should work this way.  Only one instance of APCController should be running. If you still get error messages, then something else must be wrong.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks for help Chris, but running APC manually IS NOT the ay it should work or even be fixed.

APC has not to be touched at all.

Either the troubleshooting post should offer help or CFG files has to be send to support as described.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:22 AM, keino333 said:

AI holds at Runway 12.  I also get the missing appron and gates as soon as I activate GSX.:.(

Same here. As soon as I press CTRL + f12, all the airport markings disappear.

• Premek locked this topic

Archived