Mega Airport Prague AFCAD mess

Er!k

1 hour ago, Premek said:

Which parking 6 you mean? Cargo or Gate?

Sorry - do not see P(2) designation - could you send me a screenshot please?

Bug. Will fix - thanks for spotting this.

Will check.

Here are 2 screen shots. 1, P(2) taxiway. 2. gate 6 not connected to anything. And AI gets confused at runway 12, because the hold short node is so far away. Almost all hold short nodes are too far away from the runway, Flight1s AFX gives me errors for most of them.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 16 Minuten, gear up and off sagte:

Here are 2 screen shots. 1, P(2) taxiway. 2. gate 6 not connected to anything. And AI gets confused at runway 12, because the hold short node is so far away. Almost all hold short nodes are too far away from the runway, Flight1s AFX gives me errors for most of them.

According to the AIP charts the runway hold positions are on the right place.

5 minutes ago, gforce800 said:

According to the AIP charts the runway hold positions are on the right place.

But the FSX system is designed a different way. It can only be a set amount away from the runway

the red circle is the limit distance a hold node can be from the runway. And the design of the taxiway makes it impossible for the node to be close to runway 12 because then it will be practically on runway 24

The max distance of holdshort from RWY in FSX could be less then 225 feet - if I recall properly. The red circle should be at that distance.

I'll double check.

30 minutes ago, Premek said:

The max distance of holdshort from RWY in FSX could be less then 225 feet - if I recall properly. The red circle should be at that distance.

I'll double check.

Most of the nodes are too far from the runway. I moved them closer. And I think this layout is the only way to get the AI to use runway 12 correctly

Here is a screen shot. I created a new link, from before the hold short going to runway 24, and connected it to runway 12, and put the hold short closer, and I deleted the connecting of runway 12 and 24. the down side is the AI will sit on runway 24 as they contact tower to take off runway 12. I don't know what else can be done, the AI will not sit that far back at the hold node and then taxi out and take off runway 12. You also have to do the same thing with the taxiway to the hold short on the west side of runway12 or just not connect runway 12 with taxiway D

10 hours ago, gear up and off said:

Here are 2 screen shots.

1, P(2) taxiway.

2. gate 6 not connected to anything.

And AI gets confused at runway 12, because the hold short node is so far away. Almost all hold short nodes are too far away from the runway, Flight1s AFX gives me errors for most of them.

Ad 1 - I'm using ADE and I could not see any P(2), sorry. To me it looks like he has two indexes for P. From your screenshot it is not easy to see what segment you've got selected.

Ad 2 - Well - according to AIP (http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/www_main_control/frm_cz_aip.htm - navigate to AD2/LKPR/PDC) it is stand T6. The 'T' letter made it tough for FSX to be properly identified. And as it is not often used, I intentionally didn't connected it.

Please be aware there is a lot of stuff done intentionally the AI to behave as close to reality as possible.

Ad holdshort of RWY12 - are you sure you use latest AFCAD file? Because from your screenshot it looks like there is no holdshort on TWY D - which is the one AI should use for departure from RWY12.

The one you pointed out is INTENTIONALY moved away from RWY12 it to be only leaving holdshort for RWY06. Because when I worked on AFCAD originally, it caused many and many issues. Hence I took over the solution either you or Er!k used after the release - moving the RWY12 start point between TWY D and TWY F and put there another holdshort.

Regarding holdshort distances - again - those which are too far from RWY are there to be just leaving points.

9 hours ago, Premek said:

Ad 1 - I'm using ADE and I could not see any P(2), sorry. To me it looks like he has two indexes for P. From your screenshot it is not easy to see what segment you've got selected.

Ad 2 - Well - according to AIP (http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/www_main_control/frm_cz_aip.htm - navigate to AD2/LKPR/PDC) it is stand T6. The 'T' letter made it tough for FSX to be properly identified. And as it is not often used, I intentionally didn't connected it.

Please be aware there is a lot of stuff done intentionally the AI to behave as close to reality as possible.

Ad holdshort of RWY12 - are you sure you use latest AFCAD file? Because from your screenshot it looks like there is no holdshort on TWY D - which is the one AI should use for departure from RWY12.

The one you pointed out is INTENTIONALY moved away from RWY12 it to be only leaving holdshort for RWY06. Because when I worked on AFCAD originally, it caused many and many issues. Hence I took over the solution either you or Er!k used after the release - moving the RWY12 start point between TWY D and TWY F and put there another holdshort.

Regarding holdshort distances - again - those which are too far from RWY are there to be just leaving points.

1. in the screen shot I attached you can see the line in the pop-up says Apron Path: Taxi P (2). If you open up that taxi way line with AFX in the drop down box I just change it to Taxi P

2. Problem here is, AI will spawn into parking space, and then get stuck, and disappear on push back because the parking space has no link to the apron and taxi way path. An easy way to make this stand rarely used is to code it. Make sure the apron links are connected to the parking stand and code it a generic code. Such as XXX in the airline code section. I think this way the only time an AI aircraft will take up that stand number is if the other parking spots with the same radius are all full.

3. This was my edit to your latest afcad file. I will attach so you can see my changes. If the AI request to take off runway 12 they will not line up and take off because the hold short is so far away using your file. That is why I branched off the taxiway on L. And yes, there is no connection to runway 12 from taxiway D in my file. I can add it but did not see a reason why the AI would use this. And hold short nodes too far away from the runway means AI will land and not contact ground or line up but never contact tower.

LKPR_ADEX_XHT_DFLT.BGL

vor 22 Minuten, gear up and off sagte:

And yes, there is no connection to runway 12 from taxiway D in my file. I can add it but did not see a reason why the AI would use this.

In real life they use it quite often, mainly the EK A380 and other heavies are using it. But sometimes even smaller jets are using it.

29 minutes ago, gforce800 said:

In real life they use it quite often, mainly the EK A380 and other heavies are using it. But sometimes even smaller jets are using it.

The AI never will, so the links are unnecessary and will confuse the AI. The more links you put down on a runway the easier it is for the AI to turn around in circles and get confused on take-off and landing.

• 4 weeks later...

So obviously this scenery has been updated a few times now on....v1.04 currently. The ADE however is still the same in regards to parking radius sizes and codes used so any changes made by users here are not reciprocated. This then begs the question....the files above may be missing changes made by the scenery author up until v1.04

Would be good to get the v1.04 ADE tweaked with the changes users made prior in other ADEs

34 minutes ago, bradley27 said:

So obviously this scenery has been updated a few times now on....v1.04 currently. The ADE however is still the same in regards to parking radius sizes and codes used so any changes made by users here are not reciprocated. This then begs the question....the files above may be missing changes made by the scenery author up until v1.04

Would be good to get the v1.04 ADE tweaked with the changes users made prior in other ADEs

@bradley27 Please read carefully THIS post. Bugs were fixed.

• 1 month later...

So sorry to raise an old topic...as you suggested that i carefully read the post link above the afcad in V1.5 still has all the incorrect radius sizes across the entire airport if you were going by AIG standards which does greatly improve AI traffics preference for particular gates or ramps?

ATR/CRJ - 15.10

A32X/737/757 - 19.10

767/A310 - 24.10

777/A330/787-8 - 31.10

A350/787-9 - 33.10

747 - 36.10

A380 - 40.10

PREMEK wrote:

------

- Updated all radius accoring to AIG standards

This was done intentionally again and it was incredible amount of work.

The values set there are trying to cinvince the sim it preferes some of the gateways instead of other.

------

it's a common technique to use a slightly larger raduis to make a spot less "attractive" for the AI plane - e.g. a fingergate has 18.1m, a remote spot 20m - both are for A320/B737 but the traffic will "prefer" the fingergate if all other factore are the same.

FSX AI traffic is quite "dumb" and it needs a lot of tricks to make it do what you want

Archived