Mega Airport Prague AFCAD mess

Er!k

Hello Aerosoft,

First of all many thanks for this wonderful scenery! I really like it! Unfortunately the AFCAD is a mess (especially if you want to use it with AI aircraft). Some issues are:

- missing taxiways

- wrong designators used

- no type assigned to parking spots (gate/cargo etc.)

- hold short nodes too far from the runway causing AI to stop and not move anymore.

I see this more and more often with scenery developers. Very good scenery, but a lot of work is needed on the AFCAD afterwards. Most of the time I fix the issues myself, and so I did for Prague. In the attachment you will find an updated AFCAD (use at your own risk, and back-up any old files before use). This one took me almost 6 hours of work (!) with help of the latest charts... I hope Premek can include this in a future update.

Changelog v1.0:

- Added gate types (gate, cargo, mil_cargo)

- Added airline codes according to their terminals including a special code for the Emirates A380 (UAES)

- Fixed all hold short nodes

- Adjusted runway starting points

- Added taxiways (E, M, Z)

- Renamed taxiway P2 to P

Changelog v1.1:

- Added parking code for KLM (KLC was already available)
- Changed starting point of RWY 12

LKPR_ADEX_XHT_DFLT v1.1.zip

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks Erik!

As I had some medical checkups today, I'll be at my computer on Sunday and will look at it.

Premek

Me and my friend are working on a fix for ILS RWY 12. You are able to capture the ILS only at 8 DME, and there are also incorrectly postitioned DMEs themselves.

10 hours ago, Er!k said:

Hello Aerosoft,

First of all many thanks for this wonderful scenery! I really like it! Unfortunately the AFCAD is a mess (especially if you want to use it with AI aircraft). Some issues are:

- missing taxiways

- wrong designators used

- no type assigned to parking spots (gate/cargo etc.)

- hold short nodes too far from the runway causing AI to stop and not move anymore.

I see this more and more often with scenery developers. Very good scenery, but a lot of work is needed on the AFCAD afterwards. Most of the time I fix the issues myself, and so I did for Prague. In the attachment you will find an updated AFCAD (use at your own risk, and back-up any old files before use). This one took me almost 6 hours of work (!) with help of the latest charts... I hope Premek can include this in a future update.

Changelog v1.0:

- Added airline codes according to their terminals including a special code for the Emirates A380 (UAES)

Changelog v1.1:

LKPR_ADEX_XHT_DFLT v1.1.zip

Your gate radius sizes are still all incorrect in your improved version....

vor 8 Stunden , bradley27 sagte:

Your gate radius sizes are still all incorrect in your improved version....

these are very harsh words for a nice piece of work - please specify "all wrong"

For me it looks quite fitting (14m ATR on the ramp, 16m for Embraers at the "walking gates, 18m 737, A320 on the smaller gates and some 35m for the big iron 744, a330, T7)

@Er!k - only Gate 14 for the A380 is too small - should be 40m ;-)

1 hour ago, data63 said:

these are very harsh words for a nice piece of work - please specify "all wrong"

In regards to wingspan the sizes are not correct and as Er!k said himself these ADEX files are always a mess. There is a table that i have passed on to these forums a few times now that lays out all the correct radius sizes to best allocate your AI positioning on the gate.

A32X and 737s are a 19.1m size not 18m

AIG Aircraft Radius by Type.xls

Thanks Bradley and Juergen! I have changed the radius accoring to the sheet you provided. I also noticed that no pushback directions are in the AFCAD, so GSX won't work. This will be the next step...

Changelog v1.0:

Changelog v1.1:

Changelog v1.2:

- Added parking code for GWI (only EWG was available)

- Updated all radius accoring to AIG standards

- Increased A380 gate radius

LKPR_ADEX_XHT_DFLT v1.2.zip

Even when I don't have the scenery yet I'm amazed how people like you so kindly fixes payware products and share with the community.

Very nice of you! 

14 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Even when I don't have the scenery yet I'm amazed how people like you so kindly fixes payware products and share with the community.

Very nice of you! 

Yes, I agree completely with Richard/WebMaximus!

I've made a mental note of this thread and will be sure to use the corrected AFCAD file provided here, when I buy this scenery (alhough I think I'll wait a few days before buying, and let them solve all the installation problems first...)

vor 5 Stunden , bradley27 sagte:

In regards to wingspan the sizes are not correct and as Er!k said himself these ADEX files are always a mess. There is a table that i have passed on to these forums a few times now that lays out all the correct radius sizes to best allocate your AI positioning on the gate.

A32X and 737s are a 19.1m size not 18m

AIG Aircraft Radius by Type.xls

this table seems to add a few feet in needed parking Radius to each aircraft type - eg. FAIB 737-800 has a wingspan of 117.42 ft which would lead to a "needed" parking radius of 17.89 (18)

personally I like to use that "extra" meter to "attract" or "disattract" aircraft to special positions (e.g. 18m at the gates, 19m at the remote positions)

Hi Erik,

just a quick one. I tried your new AFCAD File and after my first approach into LKPR I recognize that from MS ATC side I get only visual approaches for all 4 runways. Makes no difference when I change the wind for example and i checked if there is another AFCAD in use but it is not. Only one...any ideas what might be the issue to get no ILS Approaches? There is also no possibility to change as there is only Visual Approaches availalby by ATC.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Mark

6 hours ago, Er!k said:

Thanks Bradley and Juergen! I have changed the radius accoring to the sheet you provided. I also noticed that no pushback directions are in the AFCAD, so GSX won't work. This will be the next step...

Changelog v1.0:

Changelog v1.1:

Changelog v1.2:

LKPR_ADEX_XHT_DFLT v1.2.zip

There is also need for a fix for ILS rwy 12. The distance is bad, and there are also incorrectly postitioned DMEs. More here.

http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/aip/data/valid/e4-1.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello,

until Er!k releases a new version of his AFCAD, I did a fast and dirt ILS 12 update of his v1.2. I changed the range from 10 to 27NM, changed the DME position to the glideslope and centered the ILS localizer.

I compiled it with P3D 3.2 SDK, because my FSX SDK gave me an error. You have to try, if it works in FSX.

LKPR_ADEP3_MS v1.2.1.zip

Here is version 1.3! Compatible with Prague v1.1

Changelog v1.0:

Changelog v1.1:

Changelog v1.2:

Changelog v1.3:

- Added hold short nodes at taxiway D and F (west of 12/30)

- Added pushback instructions for all gates for GSX use

@masterhawk I did not include your modifications (yet) because I need to understand what you have changed. Can you please explain and list the details

LKPR_ADEX_XHT_DFLT v1.3.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , Er!k sagte:

Here is version 1.3! Compatible with Prague v1.1

Changelog v1.0:

Changelog v1.1:

Changelog v1.2:

Changelog v1.3:

- Added hold short nodes at taxiway D and F (west of 12/30)

- Added pushback instructions for all gates for GSX use

@masterhawk I did not include your modifications (yet) because I need to understand what you have changed. Can you please explain and list the details

LKPR_ADEX_XHT_DFLT v1.3.zip

I will look this evening into the file. I will post more information and my P3D v3.2 version.

Some source info:

http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/aip/data/valid/a2-pr-adc.pdf

http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/aip/data/valid/a2-pr-ils12.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

here you find my version of Er!ks AFCAD with the changes to ILS12.

Changelog v1.3.1:

- Increased range of ILS12 from 10NM to 27NM (now it is like all other ILS of LKPR)

- Changed postition of DME PA (ILS12) to the position of the glideslope emitter

- Aligned localizer ILS12 with centerline of runway12

It is again compiled with P3D v3.2 SDK

LKPR_ADEP3_MS v1.3.1.zip

Please login to display this image.

Archived