MD-11 Automatic Configuration in FS2004

I am returning to AES after a long spell of DC-3 and bush flying.

I loaded the excellent payware scenery for Macau (VMMC) and activated this in AES.

With the PMDG MD-11 on the ramp, I opened AES (v.2.42) expecting to have to configure the plane.

I was amazed to find that the stairs were already in place at each of the open doors.

Is this a regular feature now or only for certain types e.g. PMDG?

And, if I may, I would be grateful if someone could point me to a tutorial on how to install repainted ground vehicles etc?  I do not want to repaint myself just now, just use some of the repaints available.

I found a tutorial but it needed a high level of knowledge about AES. I need a dummy's guide, please.

Thanks!

John

• Aerosoft

Hello Jon,

just in case AES hadnt detected the MD11 correctly, you could have looked for the intelliscene file for that aircraft and could have saved you that configuring.

Unfortunately i dont know of any tutorial for the repaints..

Jonas

• Developer
On 10.5.2016 at 09:09, JoHubb sagte:

And, if I may, I would be grateful if someone could point me to a tutorial on how to install repainted ground vehicles etc?  I do not want to repaint myself just now, just use some of the repaints available.

I found a tutorial but it needed a high level of knowledge about AES. I need a dummy's guide, please.

Check the Basefolder of AES (<FSX>\Aerosoft\AES), there you find a PDF tutorial for Repaint installes.

Archived