FS9 SimWings Heathrow 2008 AFCAD error

I seem to have an error with my FS9 EGLL AFCAD file, as read by AES. When I ask AES on arrival to go, for instance, to gate 502, it takes me to gate 513. In the AFCAD file the gates are all labelled correctly according to what one sees in FS9. I have searched for another AFCAD for EGLL in my FS9 folders, but there are no others conflicting, apart from the FS9 default (which does not include terminal 5 and so there are no gates in the 500s there).

From where exactly is AES getting the information that gate 513 is 502 (there are several other gates with the same issue) and how would I correct it? I assume there a file in the AES folder which is used by AES as the AFCAD - which is it that has the gate information please, and how would I 'update' it so that it has the correct data?

I have just updated to 2.42a, but same problem..

Thanks!

• Developer

AES has it's own Database, which was generated from the scenery Afcad on creation time. So this issues are maybe corrected with then update in the scenery, but not reported to me to change it in the AES File too.

As EGLL 2008 is very old now and replaced by a new scenery version, I first need to reinstall the old one to check that.

OK, thanks Oliver. I know there's a later version of Heathrow, but it's not cheap, (as a replacement -  I'd buy it if I were starting with a new EGLL of course), and since the 2008 version still serves me well... The problem with the mix up in gates seems to be with the new terminal 5 parking spots, Gate 500 and up: all the requests I have made to go to those gates end up with the AES follow-me car taking me to a different gate 5xx..

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, nothing after 6 weeks.. And I now find another airport (EIDW) where the gate ATC instructs me to go to is not on the list in the AES window. No idea why, as I don't think I would have changed the (payware) AFCAD file...

If support here is just going to remain silent on these problems (pretty disappointing, after I have bought 16 packs of credits from you now; that's quite a lot of my cash in your pockets, Aerosoft), is there any way I can fix things myself, then I won't have to post here with such problems any more? I am fine with editing AFCADs, bgl files and so forth. If it's possible for me to somehow synchronise the data in the airport AFCAD with whatever data AES is reading (where does AES get its gate info from? In the .dat files I assume. Which programme opens the AES dat files? I have a hex editor...), could someone kindly explain how I do it..

Or, is there a list of the exact versions of the AFCADs used by AES so that one can check and perhaps get the right file installed into FS? Thank you.

Archived