Requests for aircraft/airport add-ons

Fabian Boulegue

What about an option in the settings of the Airbuses (A3198, A320, A321) to put satcom antennas on them??

Loads of airlines have started to put these on their aircrafts for the wifi onboard, and I think it would be quite nice to have the possibility to add them to the aircraft in the sim...

I remember a gauge for FS2004, it was a CD player, very nice indeed, however very hard on FPS, that's why I used only one time, just for testing. That idea sounds interesting but could be unrealistic, maybe bad FPS...

• Aerosoft
21 hours ago, tecnogamer19 said:

What about an option in the settings of the Airbuses (A3198, A320, A321) to put satcom antennas on them??

Loads of airlines have started to put these on their aircrafts for the wifi onboard, and I think it would be quite nice to have the possibility to add them to the aircraft in the sim...

We do included some models that have them I believe.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:00 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Why on earth would you want to do that?

EASY, long haul and dont want to get out of the simulator full screen, would be amazing mathjis and would be a wonderfull idea!

On 12/1/2017 at 10:37 AM, Tom A320 said:

Isn't Windows already equipped with such a feature called "window"? 

yes, but is not at all integrated.

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

EASY, long haul and dont want to get out of the simulator full screen, would be amazing mathjis and would be a wonderfull idea!

yes, but is not at all integrated.

But what instead of "full screen" just maximize your FSX/P3D window. In this case you still have all other windows available. 

Seriously, if something like that would be implemented it would only be a question of seconds until the first one showing up here in the forums complaining that this is such a severe VAS and FPS killer. And actually he would be quite right to do so.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Tom here it's not a good idea. If you do not want to get out of your FSX full screen it's best not to use such a feature. Otherwise this feature will get you out of your FSX in a not so nice way. A way that's called Out Of Memory. That's very likely to happen with such a feature.

I fully understand that during a long flight you get bored and want to watch a movie, however it's best to do that outside FSX. If you want to keep FSX in full screen, maybe you can put a laptop or tablet next to your FSX computer and use that to watch the movie.

• Upvote 2

I would like to see an extra option in AES where it is possible to get your aircraft towed or make a custom pushback. The pushback procedure of AES at Brussels Airport for example is wrong. The planes are not put on the taxiway but in between the taxiway and the gates so other planes and cars can pass. Furthermore the towing option would be nice for me. Brussels airlines often tows its planes to the maintenance hangar at the other side of the airport. With the upcoming A330 it would be nice to power that baby up at a remote stand, let AES tow it to the gate and from there on prepare the flight.

Also some airports require a towing procedure to/from gates, as the engines are sometimes too powerful or hanging over.

Regards

keukenrol

On 26/1/2017 at 0:21 PM, keukenrol said:

The pushback procedure of AES at Brussels Airport for example is wrong. The planes are not put on the taxiway but in between the taxiway and the gates so other planes and cars can pass.

When the FlyTampa Copenhagen scenery was released, the first set of AES data was not correct either. But an employee at the airport with access to the correct information got in touch with Oliver Parbst, and it was all rectified in the following release. I am sure that if you can get your hands on the correct information, Oliver would do the same for Brussels.

Also some airports require a towing procedure to/from gates, as the engines are sometimes too powerful or hanging over.

Towing - at least as part of a "push back and pull forward" procedure is already available in AES. Again it's just a matter of informing Oliver Parbst if you find that it is missing at some gates.

• Upvote 1

How about an update to Antarctic X , there are so many stations with no detail, McMurdo is excellent but the new British and Belgium and many more under detailed or just an airstrip with no buildings.  Adding structures based on available media  would make a good add-on

an absolute must for any simmer interested in Antarctic aviation.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to request the Airbus A380. As much as I love the A340, I doubt it would be an economically viable plane for Aerosoft as it is so rare. The A380 is also a quite rare plane, however, because it has the distinction of being the largest plane in the world. Look on any major Flight Simming Youtubers comment section, and you see requests for an A380 video. The A380 has managed to become quite iconic, being almost as easily identifiable to "normal" people as a 747! Aerosofts CEO as stated that Aerosoft would prefer the A350, as A380s are rarely seen on short routes, and few people have time for long hauls, but neither are A330s or A350s! If there is nothing stopping someone from putting an A330 on a route it normally wouldn't fly because they lack time, I doubt there is anything wrong with flying an A380 on a shorter route! Of course, the A380 will be very difficult to develop, being so complex, but so would the A350. Best of luck on the A330, and all your future projects! Whatever they me be :P

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

For those requesting the A380 and A350, the requests have been answered several times already (do a search in the box in the upper right if want to see). Aerosoft has no plans to do any four engine Airbus. No point in asking about the future. The A350 is still too new, plus enough differences from the A318/319/320/321 and the A330 so it would be an essentially new project, and therefore not planned.

• Upvote 2

Aerosoft Team !   Could you think about developing  a full Pack   E-2 C/D  +  USS  Gerald  Ford  CVN 78  ?   Would be awesome  another software  F-14  Kitty Hawk style .

Rgds.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Dudley said:

How about a version of TopCat that works for more than a handful of Boeings?

TOPCAT is not a product being published by Aerosoft. You might want to contact the developer (FlightSimSoft) directly with your request.

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

TOPCAT is not a product being published by Aerosoft. You might want to contact the developer (FlightSimSoft) directly with your request.

I have, they no longer seem interested.  I thought Aerosoft might want to produce something better.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then you should have said so in the first place, and not just asking for a new version of a product that is not in Aerosofts portfolio ;)

• Upvote 1

Even if you don´t want to do a vour engined aircraft. I would very welcome an A340. #bestplaneever

But there are othre developers like FSlabs who will maybe make an A340. The A340 is more wanted than the A380. Only A330 is more wanted.

But A340 would be my request.

And Kassel Airport+ new Frankfurt Hahn

LEAS Asturias, north of Spain.

Small aiport with a beautiful approach, called "supercarrier" by the crews. ILS for runway 29 and visual for runway 11.

I know about a existing payware version, but I request a good payware version from aerosoft, with AES-SODE, and good textures, buildings, etc...

LFPB - Major Private Jet airport in Europe

KVNY - Major Private Jet airport in USA

With other companies finishing off quality private jets in the coming months now would be a good time to make scenery for these planes. It would be a new market for Aerosoft one in which it could dominate market share for private jet airports in the flight sim community , KTEB is another one.

• Upvote 1

• mopperle changed the title to Requests for aircraft/airport add-ons