Twotter in P3d V3

• Aerosoft

I like to release the Twotter for P3d and have been testing it a bit without finding much problems. Are there any customers who have experiences that contradict that?

Or are there any (VERY) small issues we might fix in this new version?

Great news !!!

I installed "Aerosoft Twin Otter X" in P3Dv3.1:

1. Twin Otter X Extended v.1.11
  2. Hotfix 1.4 for P3D2 v2.5 - 2015.04.16
  3. Hotfix 1.4 for P3D2 v2.5 - 2015.08.18

Everything works.
There are no remarks.

P.S. I hope for addition of support of GTN 750\650 ;)

Hi Mathijs,

Much know that. But I can report that I have been operating the Twotter in all versions of P3D, including the last one, without any problems.

Thank you.

I'm happy to hear that there will be a new installer made available.  For those who purchased the Twotter Extended from somewhere else (specifically, SimMarket,) how would we get our hands on that installer (and become aware of it) once it's available?

Thanks,

-stefan

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thanks for considering an updated installer. :) But do you have any news on how the new installer is coming along so far? I know it's always a bit problematic to hint at release dates in advance and we also had a few holidays in Germany in the meantime. I don't want to sound too impatient but I've stumbled upon this thread just minutes after I bought the Twotter and remembered there was a thread about how to install it in P3D v3 I wanted to check before firing up the "Estonian Migration Tool" - the first search result was this thread. Since you announced you would take a look at a new installer "next week" I decided to not fiddle with the tool and instead wait for the official installer for P3Dv3 (which was completely unexpected until this thread suddenly popped up). However, if it's going to take another month or so until release, I would try installing with the migration tool as an inofficial workaround to finally be able to fly what I bought (just as I planned before I read this thread), but if it's closer to release it would probably still be a good idea to wait instead.

Maybe I'm just over-cautious but I've read too many reports that sometimes the migration tool can cause complete break-down of a FS installation. For me, it worked fine once for installation of GAP3 but I didn't dare to install anything else with it since then. Also, what about uninstalling or upgrading anything which was installed through that migration tool? Didn't read any reports how good that's working, yet... I decided to buy the Twotter none the less as I did not expect it to see another update anyway but this thread changes things a little.

I hate to keep pestering, but are there any updates on this?  Any update, even if it's just to say that this got backburnered would be nice.  I worry right now that it got completed, forgotten to be uploaded, and will never see the light of day, haha!

Thanks,

-stefan

There seem to be some issues with addons in P3D v3.3 in general and since 3.3 is out now, I fear this might cause a delay on the Twotter update: Even if an installer for 3.2 was under way it would now have to be tested against 3.3 as it makes no sense to release for an already outdated (and no longer available) version of P3D. So, personally, I wouldn't expect to see the Twotter update in less than a month from now. :(

Plus, now that we are at 3.3, you would likely have to install the Prepar3D update first to get support from Aerosoft for the new Twotter release, so even if the Twotter update would be released tomorrow, we would have to wait for all other addon authors to come up with updates or the Twotter will be one of the few things that work that early after release...

• 2 weeks later...

I installed in p3d v3 by selecting v2 and it installed in my v3. The prop lever animation does not work. I cannot get either prop lever to work with the mouse or via axis assignment. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on 3.3.5 and the red test buttons in the left hand corner, the fire bell mute, auto feath test and prop gov test, I can't open them at all. The only way I can open / test them, is by right clicking the appropriate fields in the checklist.

Also, the "Pneumatic Low press" warning is ALWAYS on, not just at low engine power. 

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

I'm on 3.3.5 and the red test buttons in the left hand corner, the fire bell mute, auto feath test and prop gov test, I can't open them at all. The only way I can open / test them, is by right clicking the appropriate fields in the checklist.

Also, the "Pneumatic Low press" warning is ALWAYS on, not just at low engine power. 

Okay, the button issue was solved. Second issue, may also be a usage issue from my side? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll chime in as well. I purchased the Twin Ottter the day before yesterday. I realize it is not yet Prepar3D v3 compatible. Any news about a new installer? I would really appreciate a response, also for the other participants in this thread.

On 6/15/2016 at 2:06 PM, Sethos said:

Okay, the button issue was solved. Second issue, may also be a usage issue from my side? 

Do you have the bleed air switches on?

Since I wanted to finally fly it, I installed the Twotter using the existing P3D v2 installer for the time being (no migration tool needed, just select v2 and your P3D installation folder, verify paths on next page). I didn't bother to install/test the flight recorder DLL (would be one entry which needs to be copied to the P3D v3 one manually, resides in a v2 folder). Having done two (very) short flights I didn't find any issues so far except a strange visual artifact:

While in cockpit view, there's a translucent box in front of each engine. It appears to exist for all models/liveries (at least when changing aircraft without full sim restart) and remains static the whole time (not influenced by any animation). It's not present when I switch to an outside view but it reappears once I switch back into cockpit. The hotfix is installed and I'm currently still on P3D v3.2, if that matters.

Please login to display this image.

Archived