Mathijs Kok

Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional - Gran Canaria preview

7 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

guys anybody knows about simwings plans on tenerife north? or anybody knos about some house that has plans on it? thanks

REMOVED. And sim-wings didn't announce anything about Tenerife recently. I guess their focus is on Gran Canaria and updating their older sceneries (including Barcelona) right now.

As we have wrote several times: We will update ALL of our sceneries we have ever published under sim-wings label.
But since we are facing some devolpers taking over our projects we are no longer able to tell which will be the next,
despite Barcelona and GC which are allready announced.
Thorsten

Gran Canaria has finished the following:

Mesh

Fotorealistic Ground

Autogen Buildings and houses

Terminal Buildings and Tower without texturing

Apron and Apron lines, taxiway lines etc. without texturing

Static vehicels

Ligthpoles and docking System.

We show a little 3Dsmax screenshot.

render_GC.jpg

Thanks for the update! Flying EHAM-GCLP in May, and really looking forward to do this flight in the sim as well :)

Hi Thorsten, I have a question to you. Why in Heathrow i need disable aircraft shadows for fly with ai traffic fs9 models and in Malaga i can fly with shadows enable?

Will be Gran Canaria like Malaga or like Heathrow?

Is possible a patch for Heathrow?

I bought many sceneries from Manfred and you in the past, keep up the good work.

In Malaga you can't fly with shadows enabled too to see FS9 AI models. This has nothing to do with the scenery, it's got to do with the sim itself. If you see any AI models with shadows enabled they have to be FSX native models.

I hope Gran Canaria not having problems with frame rates, with the earlier free addon which was great I had frame rates problem. finally I think that it is the área or región which have problems, for any reason this área is heavier that any other in Canary Islands.

ECTCPIP , you could contact with any developer and ask for the VFR markings, buildings etc. if you are in a pilot school. problably not would be hard to pay for the scenery VFR you can get it even for free.in  some spanish website like Airhispania they have developed many VFR sceneries for Spain and such.

I was just about to buy the FWI Las Palmas when I decided to search for any alternatives and came across this post. I'm happy to wait for its release and hope it won't be too long.

Two hours from Manchester in Concorde! :D For now the Sim Giants will have to do but I hope things are going well for the development team.

Hello Ray,

We are glad that you can wait, but it takes some mounth as we have to renew first the Barcelona scenery.

But it´s worth to wait, because they did a lot of new buildings and you would buy an airport which defentivly has changed a lot in the last years. You can see this in Google Earth.

With kind regards

Manfred

sim-wings

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your reply. It's a pity that Barcelona has to take priority. Hopefully GCLP is delivered by the summer so I don't mind too much. The Sim Giants version has no moving gates and the scenery is probably nothing like the one you will produce. At least I have some scenery rather than the default.

I understand you don't work full-time on these and that you have a life outside FS. ;)

Yes, we have also other work to do, In my case it would not be enough doing only sceneries !

Summer would be a little early, but we will try. All depends of the release of Barcelona.

Thanks 737Pilot. It would be appreciated if you could keep us informed of progress every couple of months both with Barcelona and GCLP. Nothing worse than silence. ;)

Now of course there will be people here who are going to disagree with your priorities. People who say to heck with Barcelona and finish Gran Canaria first. I'm not one of those people, I think you're the only one who can set your priorities in the right order. You got all the inside information that we don't have. From what you're saying it sounds like there's a reason you need to finish Barcelona first, maybe a professional customer but I'm just guessing at that. But I'm just saying so you can be prepared. Whatever decision you make, wherever you lay your priorities, there'll always be people who disagree.

My educated guess is rather that they prefer to finish Barcelona first because another developing team already published their version of LEBL and a third developing team is currently developing theirs. I guess that they don't want to get pushed aside in that race.

It's a pity LEBL has to take priority because there is already a Mega Airport version available (which I own). Whereas GCLP's only commercial offering is years old and desperately in need of an update.

Maybe sim-wings need to hire more staff. :D

Hi

Bernando,  i hope to see son those points in another scenerio being developed for xplane...

Now a question to the aerosoft staff regarding GCLP. Today there was a BE200 of Swiiss Flight Services http://www.sfsaviation.ch/Services/Photogrammetry-and-ortho

flying over all the island...Is that part of the development? :) They use tech to get radar and terrain photos.

Thanks and keep great job!

IMG_6729.PNG