Terrain Button-ON

Hello folks,

I like to start a little quiz, hope you like it! ;)

Press the terrain button in your cockpit and take a screenshot of the ND display. Show us the shot here and maybe we guess where you are. :D

Here an example:

Please login to display this image.

This is near Lloret de Mar, in the south you can see Ibiza and Mallorca.

An other photo, can you guess the location? Some help, I´m taxing on a big international airport. ;)

Grettings :D

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

My turn, I blacked out the nav aids to keep it somewhat interesting:

You got it!

To be exact, the shot was taken in Honolulu on the island of Oahu which is Part of the Hawaiian archipelago. The "Island of Hawaii" btw is the largest and southeastern most island of the archipilago.

This might be little hard chaps but the airport altitude being displayed is correct ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Elly Beinhorn I am flying regularly from EDDL or EDLW to ENGM, so I just happen to know the route ;) 

I am busy with other things tonight, so if someone else want to jump in, please feel free!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I have to give it away again, as I am not at home too much this week and don't want to slow this topic down.

Ok, let me guess. The 2 small islands to your front left are "Hiiumaa" (the small one) and "Saaremaa" (the bigger one). And the airport to your left is Tallinn EETN. I think you are enroute to Oslo, but that's only a wild guess. ;-)

Archived