VAS usage new EDDT

Hi,

after deinstalling the New EDDT X flying without a OEM.

I am flying the PMDG NGX 738 + 739 + 777

GA3:  1350 Mb free             (NGX)

New:   600 - 700 Vas free    (NGX)

EDDM Frank

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

I am always wondering why this has not been detected during beta testing. Has no beta tester had this issue?

I think that the first customers are the beta testers.

On 4 May 2016 at 0:04 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

In my capacity as the manager of our Quality Control department (that is unfortunately very understaffed at this moment) I'm having a meeting on these issues next Monday. So we'll be back on this next week.

And yes I got too many hats on at Aerosoft, lol.

Hi chaps

any update after the meeting today? 

Kind regards

Pete

Sorry,

i forgot the englisch forum.

Are there some news about EDDT.

Before a buy Prag i will install my EDDT with lowers Vas.

greatings

Frank from EDDM

vor 3 Stunden , f.skywalker sagte:

Sorry,

i forgot the englisch forum.

Are there some news about EDDT.

Before a buy Prag i will install my EDDT with lowers Vas.

greatings

Frank from EDDM

Are there some news about EDDT. That could be also my question!

Regards

Installed the new version 1.01 of EDDT and unfortunately having these problems under P3D v3.2

On startup scenario screen, select night, select EDDT and I get XHT.APController crash.  My APController.exe is version 1.0.13.60516.  It is the only version being referenced in all my exe.xml and dll.xml files.

If I start EDDT during the day, I don't get the APController.exe crash.  However, once in P3D at EDDT, if I change time to night, all I get is a black screen .. audio still running.  I can hit Esc to exit P3D as normal.

Seems like EDDT has a significant problem with night in P3D.

Rob.

have no problem , with night or day at Berlin in P3D v3.2. but have found out that when installing Praque first ( latest apc controller) and install other airports with apc ( berlin - Zurich and Split-X )  there after, there are no crashes, but when you install in any other order there are conflicts.

so I think that if possible it should be the best that all airports with APC are getting same version of  APC installer as Praque has.

it looks the same issue as we had with Sode V1.20 and V1.30 scenery which don't work together.

1 hour ago, sydney1962 said:

so I think that if possible it should be the best that all airports with APC are getting same version of  APC installer as Praque has.

Interesting ... so it seems with have the same issue with APC as we have with SODE.

Not trying to be rude here, but it certainly does discourage me from future purchases of airports that use APC/SODE as there doesn't seem to be a "Plan" in place to make this a far more end user friendly experience.  Since these airports rarely indicate if SODE or APC is being used PRE-PURCHASE, I'm going to have to make a blanket solution and assume they ALL are and hence, I will not purchase.  Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but it appears as if nothing is being address in regards to the version problems of SODE/APC.

I don't see these issues with equivalent Xplane airports I purchased, just seems to be P3D/FSX ... perhaps this is how Aerosoft sell more Xplane content ;)

Cheers, Rob.

until we don't come with an uniform guideline, used by the large scenery producers, we will be more and more time

busy with problem solving then flying, and that is not the way it should be.

I really think that all tricks and tweaks we have to perform to get sceneries running, will make it for many users

too complicated. In my own flightsimulator scene, 90% of the simmers are not able to solve all the problems

that arise with things like AP Controllers , Sode , BGL , elevation issues , afcads etc.

1 hour ago, A32X tebs said:

i am sorry but is it possible to return a scenery? i have so low fps, i cant use it at all.

Yes, i did it in Simmarket Yesterday i got my money back.

I allways buy in simmarket for this reason (of course you need to prove that you report the problem and the developer do not want to solve it. In this case was easy for me)

Maeby you are not lucky if you buy it  in Aerosoft... try...

• 4 weeks later...

That's a shame, I would hope that the Dev would be committed to constant improvement of what can be argued as anhigh profile release.

How else would the customer base know to trust future product releases will have a consistent level of quality. 

We all know how challenging it is working within the rather limited capabilities of what is (at least from a programming perspective) an outdated and buggy platform, however it is my understanding that good business practice is to constantly strive to improve, not just on new products but 'current' ones as well. 

This is not meant as criticism of either the creator or publisher, just a plea for a better performing scenery if at all possible.  Actually I believe the true cause of most of the issues reported with eddt stem from it's proximity to the city and subsequent autogen. Is there any possibility of a revisit? 

vor 34 Minuten, Pedrodowd sagte:

This is not meant as criticism of either the creator or publisher, just a plea for a better performing scenery if at all possible.  Actually I believe the true cause of most of the issues reported with eddt stem from it's proximity to the city and subsequent autogen. Is there any possibility of a revisit? 

Why isn't that meant as criticism? I think it could/should be! There are several issues with the latest releases of sceneries from Aerosoft (e.g. VAS at EDDFv2, performance at EDDT, the uninstaller from Split X which removed several entries from the programs panel, all the different issues with Prague, issues with the APController, ...). While some of the issues are getting fixed others had been "ignored" or just declared as "won't fix". Don't get me wrong - most of the sceneries are looking good but all these issues together with the missing features (like animated jetways in P3D, the missing options to configure some of the sceneries (for better performance), etc.) are standing in no relation to the work from other companies. And indeed, it would be a good business practice to also improve existing products instead of just adding new ones... This applies not only to the sceneries but also to other products (like the A320 where a bug with the fix page exists since at least October 2014 (thats over 1.5 years now) - and instead of fixing it the A330 will be released before the new Service Pack will be provided)... And that is meant as (constructive) criticism!

Archived