VAS usage new EDDT

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be worth a try to disable FTX Vector... I've now 500 up to 600 MByte less VAS usage. EDDF v2 and EDDT new are flyable that way with PMDG's 737NGX without problems.

Best for now!

Bert

I hope Aerosoft does so, Mathijs - this is not about working (by the meaning of fitting into each other?) together but lowering the VAS usage which is critical with EDDT.

Best for now!

Bert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Bert,

when Mathijs says "we are working with Orbx to make sure it all works together" he means, that the both companies stick their heads together to find solutions to increase the overall performance of sceneries (lower VAS, higher FPS).

• 1 month later...
On 26.8.2016 at 09:22, Mathijs Kok sagte:

As said, as far as my information goes there are no plans for any changes to Tegel. I will however point the project manager to this discussion.

Mathijs,

Germany North is out and with EDDB enabled an arrival in Tegel is just a matter of luck! Most of the time the Approach is ending short bevor Touch down because of OOM. Simulator is P3Dv3.4! It helped a bit to disable the aerial bgl's .

Departures in Tegel are no problem as the VAS usage is recovering after leaving the Berlin area!

I think it would be more than time to optimise TegelX and also correct the errors within the Airport itself!

The problems or errors were named several times in this Forum.

Looking forward to your positive answer!

• 3 weeks later...
On 26.8.2016 at 9:22 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

As said, as far as my information goes there are no plans for any changes to Tegel. I will however point the project manager to this discussion.

You also might want to point the project manager/developer to the fact that the implementation of moving jetways in P3D and FSX:SE was announced for Berlin-Tegel as well (CTRL+J or SODE).

And again, like I said in the thread about EDDF Frankfurt, Jeffrey Stähli offers to do SODE Jetways for the commercial developers (for a small fee I suppose), which would be worth a thought. 

Archived