lightning F3 Tacan doesn't lock on

Guest Geoff  South Africa

Guest Geoff  South Africa

I do not seem to be able to get the tacan to lock on :LIGHTNING F3 

The a/c is in start config and connected to external  power [ via telebrief switch]     

The aircraft is positioned at Leuchars, Tacan main switch on and A/G selected plus channel 42 giving 110.50 .                                                                                                                           

Tacan is selected on the Nav display but the display simply rotates continuously.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

• 3 months later...

On 4/22/2016 at 8:46 PM, Guest Geoff South Africa said:

I do not seem to be able to get the tacan to lock on :LIGHTNING F3 

The a/c is in start config and connected to external  power [ via telebrief switch]     

The aircraft is positioned at Leuchars, Tacan main switch on and A/G selected plus channel 42 giving 110.50 .                                                                                                                           

Tacan is selected on the Nav display but the display simply rotates continuously.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Hi Geoff

Sorry this has not been picked up untill now... there is a dedicated forum for the Lightning so I have not been checking here..

Anyway if you havent already solved the it, i think your problem might be you are still on the ground , so the radio signal is masked by terrain .

Try it whilst  airborne . :0)

Cheers

Dave R

Archived