Route Finder was not able to find a valid Route

After upgrading to v1.25 (and 1.26), when I attempt to generate a flight plan from CYUL to CYYZ using any type of aircraft I get a prompt when I click the Find Route button that states: "Route Finder was not able to find a valid Route. Open Advanced Route Finder?"

I never received this error prior to v1.25 and when I open the Advanced Route Finder, no matter what parameters I set, no route is found. Absolutely no other changes were made on my system (including any changes to the Nav data) other than upgrading PFPX. I'm running Win 7 x64.

Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

v1.26 will find a route with all quick-find options and the advanced route finder using NG1604.

If you have a saved CYUL-CYYZ route try deleting that, additionally with PFPX closed delete the ~RouteCache.tmp file restart and try again.

I am having the same issue but from cyyz to cyqt. I will get a plan for cyyz to cyul....but it is not a plan that would be used, as it went north almost to hudson bay before comming back to cyul.

On 4/21/2016 at 9:50 PM, FlightSimSoft.com said:

Hello,

unfortuantely we can´t reproduce your issue, could you please post a screenshot of the flight details (general tab).

Best regards, Judith

Ok, i get the message when planning EGPH - LGAV

13 hours ago, Driver170 said:

Ok, i get the message when planning EGPH - LGAV

And if you use the advanced planner and disable the RAD filter ?

Unfortunately no routes show even in the Advanced Planner when I've selected to ignore RADs. This is a screenshot after I've clicked the Find button in the Advanced Planner.

Please login to display this image.

40 minutes ago, BobsterWat said:

Unfortunately no routes show even in the Advanced Planner when I've selected to ignore RADs. This is a screenshot after I've clicked the Find button in the Advanced Planner.

The RAD filter applies to European routes where disabling it should have helped Vernon's EGPH-LGAV route.

Cannot reproduce your issue here or indeed any of the others posted.

Hi,

Since upgrading to v1.26, I also sometimes get this error message. In my case it seems related to whether the departure runway has a SID with defined end-points (ie not a vector SID). For example, tonight I was planning KEWR-EHAM; when selecting runway 22R for departure PFPX found a route ok using the PORTT3 SID to SBJ, etc. This SID is only available for runway 22L/R. However, when I switched the departure runway to 04L the route finder could not find a valid route. For runway 04L at KEWR, there are no SIDs that have fixed end-points, ie all SIDS off 04R are vector SIDs. Interestingly, even if I input a first fix (ie MERIT) into the Via box in the advanced route finder, PFPX could still not generate a route and gave me the error message. I am using NG 1605. Although I haven't tested at other airports, it may be that lack of a SID with defined end-points/transitions from the selected departure runway has something to do with this error.  Hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Michael.    

9 hours ago, Mklemme said:

Hi,

Since upgrading to v1.26, I also sometimes get this error message. In my case it seems related to whether the departure runway has a SID with defined end-points (ie not a vector SID). For example, tonight I was planning KEWR-EHAM; when selecting runway 22R for departure PFPX found a route ok using the PORTT3 SID to SBJ, etc. This SID is only available for runway 22L/R. However, when I switched the departure runway to 04L the route finder could not find a valid route. For runway 04L at KEWR, there are no SIDs that have fixed end-points, ie all SIDS off 04R are vector SIDs. Interestingly, even if I input a first fix (ie MERIT) into the Via box in the advanced route finder, PFPX could still not generate a route and gave me the error message. I am using NG 1605. Although I haven't tested at other airports, it may be that lack of a SID with defined end-points/transitions from the selected departure runway has something to do with this error.  Hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Michael.    

This issue does occur, however it is overcome by defining the 'Departure Waypoints' in the airport editor.

19 hours ago, Mklemme said:

Hi,

Kind regards,

Michael.    

10 hours ago, srcooke said:

This issue does occur, however it is overcome by defining the 'Departure Waypoints' in the airport editor.

Hi,

Searched this forum for an answer just for the problem that gives title to this topic.

I detected the problem only recently, probably after one of the last upgrades (1.25 or 1.26) and had, until now, only realized its occurrence in flights from small GA airports (by coincidence, those that in general don't have SIDs with end-points).

Reading the posts above and doing some verification tests, I confirm the behaviour related by Mklemme and srcooke. I think that Mklemme did a good job characterizing the situation for the problem occurrence, and srcooke proposed a good solution (or, in my opinion, a good workaround, since the problem didn't happen before). Thanks for both. Anyway, I'm looking for an update bringing the PFPX behaviour to the previous one, regarding that question.

Regards

Rubens

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is frustrating.  I just got PFPX a few days ago, watched a lot of video tutorials, installed the latest Navigraph cycle and thought I'd create a common flight...KEWR to EGLL.  I created a 777 using the existing template, went to create a flight plan using all defaults, letting it generate a random payload.  Clicked the 'Find Route' button and I'm getting this same error.  First time using it.  Ugh.  I tried going into Advanced and disabling RAD...no help.  Tried some other basic things like running as Administrator.  It's really kind of hard for me to believe that it couldn't do this. I tried reversing the two airports from EGLL and KEWR and it found a route but didn't use a NAT.  My Navigraph is up to date and installed for PFPX...double checked.  The only solution for KEWR to EGLL was to go to my old flight planner to find a route (which selected NATW) and manually cut and paste it it into PFPX.  I clicked Build and it was accepted.  Help?

Gregg

EDIT:  When I went to validate the route,

PARKE J6 BWZ Q406 BAF Q480 ENE J573 EBONY N320A ELSIR NATW GISTI DCT SHA L9 SLANY UL9 DIKAS UL18 GAVGO UL9 KENET

I went to validate it and got two errors (too bad I can't copy and paste them):

RS:  Traffic via BAKUR BANBA SLANY is off Mandatory route REF:[EG2155A] STU UP2 NUMPO COMPULSORY

SHA L9 SLANY DOES NOT EXIST IN FL RANGE F245..F999.

hello, 

i have the same problem, When I wants create one line of NTAA has KSFO, the same problem appears and it's worse if I make a line of NTAA has KLAX with an inconsistent road who make me one detours of 50 % of the line...

i use the 1.26 version with Airac 1605, but is the same with airac 1604...

thank you 

10 hours ago, seippg said:

Well, this is frustrating.  I just got PFPX a few days ago, watched a lot of video tutorials, installed the latest Navigraph cycle and thought I'd create a common flight...KEWR to EGLL.  I created a 777 using the existing template, went to create a flight plan using all defaults, letting it generate a random payload.  Clicked the 'Find Route' button and I'm getting this same error.  First time using it.  Ugh.  I tried going into Advanced and disabling RAD...no help.  Tried some other basic things like running as Administrator.  It's really kind of hard for me to believe that it couldn't do this. I tried reversing the two airports from EGLL and KEWR and it found a route but didn't use a NAT.  My Navigraph is up to date and installed for PFPX...double checked.  The only solution for KEWR to EGLL was to go to my old flight planner to find a route (which selected NATW) and manually cut and paste it it into PFPX.  I clicked Build and it was accepted.  Help?

Gregg

EDIT:  When I went to validate the route,

PARKE J6 BWZ Q406 BAF Q480 ENE J573 EBONY N320A ELSIR NATW GISTI DCT SHA L9 SLANY UL9 DIKAS UL18 GAVGO UL9 KENET

I went to validate it and got two errors (too bad I can't copy and paste them):

RS:  Traffic via BAKUR BANBA SLANY is off Mandatory route REF:[EG2155A] STU UP2 NUMPO COMPULSORY

SHA L9 SLANY DOES NOT EXIST IN FL RANGE F245..F999.

Hello Gregg,

Firstly the reverse flightplan EGLL-KEWR not assigning a NAT will depend upon the departure time and whether west bound tracks were available. Does this apply?
Track availability:
1130-1900 Zulu at 30 West - Westbound
0100-0800 Zulu at 30 West - Eastbound

Failing to build a route from KEWR-EGLL appears to be related to the lack of SID's, I don't recall this been a problem previously. One method to ovecome this at present is to add the departure exit points using the airport editor similar to this:

For explanations on how to resolve IFPS validation issues see the various sticky posts, or examples in the forum.

I have problems with the routes after last updates. 

Before, PFPX allways find the correct route with the correct SID/STAR. Now the routes are too long (not real) and the SID/STAR is 70% of the times are wrong.

This problems start after the new "optimize route" options i think. They did something with the route search engine, now is unusefull.

53 minutes ago, Djembe said:

I have problems with the routes after last updates. 

Before, PFPX allways find the correct route with the correct SID/STAR. Now the routes are too long (not real) and the SID/STAR is 70% of the times are wrong.

This problems start after the new "optimize route" options i think. They did something with the route search engine, now is unusefull.

Examples would be helpful to the developer.

Archived