SIDs from LSZH16 not implemented properly

CookieChiara

Hi Guys

If I select the VEBIT3S, ALBIX2R or WIL3R SID from RWY16 in Zurich LSZH in any aircraft I own, the SID always turns right to intercept R053 WIL, even though published procedure is (for noise abatement reasons) a left turn. I understand why the aircraft does that, unless being told otherwise (way shorter turn), but apparently this can be resolved because when using Navigraph data, this doesn't happen, see the two screenshots I attached. First is using Navigraph, second one is using NDP, both VEBIT3S and cycle 1604.

Thanks for your response

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

the Navigraph coding includes a left turn to VOR/DME KLO which is NOT part of the official published procedure.

According to the published procedure you should cross Radial 360 KLO at or above 4000ft and NOT VOR/DME KLO at or above 4000ft.

Unfortunately there is not way to get around this PMDG limitation without violating the official published procedure. To solve this, manual intervention is required until the LNAV path can be captured again.

Jan-Paul

So I found using some PMDG documentation a way to force turn direction to a fix by saying TURN LEFT DIRECT FIX KLO. I assume from your answer that it is impossible to make that say something like TURN LEFT TO INTERCEPT RADIAL 233 FROM FIX WIL, correct?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived