Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

As with our other Airbus releases there will be an SDK. The rest is up to the hardwares developers whether or not they want to create drivers for their panels to work.

I doubt it is going to be compatible with the Multi Panel though, none of the switches from the Multi Panel represent Airbus AP modes.

I'm guessing a 2016 release won't be possible? (That's fine by me I would rather have a working A330)

The question for a release date has been answered multiple times in this topic, even by Mathijs. Please use the forum search ("this topic", "release").

25 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The question for a release date has been answered multiple times in this topic, even by Mathijs. Please use the forum search ("this topic", "release").

Yea I wasn't really asking 

Sorry if you thought thats what I meant

Hello Stefan,

Nothing but respect for your modelling and texturing skills.

On 11-11-2016 at 6:17 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

To save you all from depression, here is the friday update: Work this week was busied with detailing that nose landing gear with labels, screws etc...tubulars section details like servicing panels, drainage holes, labels, antenna details and the rims for nose and maingear.

The work now moves to the tailsection of the plane including the stabilizers, which is again a lot of detail to create! Even the horizontal stabilizers fairing to the fuselage skin is half and artwork on the A330, as at the A320 it was a flat plan coverage. But that is for the coming week... ;-)

A330_FUSELAGE_11112016_LARGE_001.png

Only in this picture the shape above the cockpit windows looks a little odd to me. Do not know if it's just the (strange) angle of the shot or something else. Could not find a good picture of the A330 in the same angle on the web.

To clarify what i mean see the picture below. Notice the difference of the location of the green arrow. Just above the edge of the windows the curve begins, the to screen shots it looks curve begins later. (hope i make some sense).

Regards,

Marcel

a3301.png

But those pictures are from a different perspective so you can't clearly see the problem 

Yes you are too... :rolleyes:B)  Think Stefan can judge for himself if there is a "problem" or not. :ph34r:

Don't you guys get it AS has already released their A330 back in 1994, you just need to be a 50 year old captain to fly it.

4 hours ago, mgr said:

Hello Stefan,

Only in this picture the shape above the cockpit windows looks a little odd to me. Do not know if it's just the (strange) angle of the shot or something else. Could not find a good picture of the A330 in the same angle on the web.

To clarify what i mean see the picture below. Notice the difference of the location of the green arrow. Just above the edge of the windows the curve begins, the to screen shots it looks curve begins later. (hope i make some sense).

Regards,

Marcel

a3301.png

First and for most, you judging from 2 different point of view and secondly, the Air France picture is of an A330-200 whilst the one being modeled is a 300 ;)

The 200/300 thingy might not really be a reason eh but still you are very much comparing from 2 different angles and thus can't get the same results.

Cheers

Hi Aerosoft, 

Are you going to change the resolution of the PFD/ND, ECAM ? 

Thanks guys ;) good work, looks amazing. 

8 hours ago, mgr said:

Hello Stefan,

Regards,

Marcel

a3301.png

Okay I found another 2 pictures to compare these to. The US Air one appears to be close to the same angle as for the other one is slightly off the angle. These are both the A333 and from what I can see, it looks like Aerosoft's modeling is correct. Anyways even if it was off that's not going to affect the actual flying of the aircraft is it?

As always Aerosoft, keep up the great work. 

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

vor 4 Stunden , iccowan sagte:

Okay I found another 2 pictures to compare these to. The US Air one appears to be close to the same angle as for the other one is slightly off the angle. These are both the A333 and from what I can see, it looks like Aerosoft's modeling is correct. Anyways even if it was off that's not going to affect the actual flying of the aircraft is it?

As always Aerosoft, keep up the great work. 

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

Hi Iccowan!

Thanks for your input and deep interest on our product!

But: Dont try comparisions which such small material coverage. Not only changes the outer shape with every step beside the camera axis, also the focal length changes the pictures result dramaticly. And what is when the aircraft is in the air and banks during the photoshoot? Right: Again a different silhuette is shown.

To model this aircraft much more images and measure tracks have been collected then you might think and the shapes result to a large amount from hires samples from within the cockpit too, (the windows, their distances; their angles) which define the aircrafts outer cockpit section in a large amount too.

So if you have and "odd" feeling it is not enough to say: Here is something not correct. Better analyze what creates this  "odd" feeling. Is it not the difference between what you "await" in yourself from a memory. And then you compare two different images which not even exactly show the same and wonder about the difference.

This tension of what you await and not get is your "oddness", your inner conflict. But what sense does that make? The model we provide with the A330X is most correct one compared with the others i have seen for flightsimming around. Compare the preview images of the cockpit with what is around on the market...

10 hours ago, Citation X said:

Don't you guys get it AS has already released their A330 back in 1994, you just need to be a 50 year old captain to fly it.

AS as in AirbuS? ;)

It's all about finding the right employer, one of my mates from an earlier course in my flightschool made it on the A330 after just two years of flying the A320 already. With the right employer everything is possible!

3 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Hi Iccowan!

But: Dont try comparisions which such small material coverage. Not only changes the outer shape with every step beside the camera axis, also the focal length changes the pictures result dramaticly. And what is when the aircraft is in the air and banks during the photoshoot? Right: Again a different silhuette is shown.

To model this aircraft much more images and measure tracks have been collected then you might think and the shapes result to a large amount from hires samples from within the cockpit too, (the windows, their distances; their angles) which define the aircrafts outer cockpit section in a large amount too.

So if you have and "odd" feeling it is not enough to say: Here is something not correct. Better analyze what creates this  "odd" feeling. Is it not the difference between what you "await" in yourself from a memory. And then you compare two different images which not even exactly show the same and wonder about the difference.

This tension of what you await and not get is your "oddness", your inner conflict. But what sense does that make? The model we provide with the A330X is most correct one compared with the others i have seen for flightsimming around. Compare the preview images of the cockpit with what is around on the market...

Alright makes sense. Besides the fact, no matter how accuratly the outside is modeled it'll be a pleasure to fly once all is said and done with all the complex systems. 

Hello guys, sorry if this has been answered before but allow me to ask you this, will the a330 include speed constraints and will it have most of the ecam messages and readings because one of the thing i will attempt to do when i'll have this babe will be simulating double engine failure and fuel leak, one last thing if am not already asking too much, how is the Fly by wire system ? 

As with the current A320 series the upcoming A330 will only simulate SOP. So no failures and stuff.

About the fly by wire system: if you own one of the current A320 series products you can take part in the A318 Research Edition program and get a first hand look on what is going to come.

12 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

As with the current A320 series the upcoming A330 will only simulate SOP. So no failures and stuff.

About the fly by wire system: if you own one of the A320 series products you can take part in the A318 Research Edition program and get a first hand look on what is going to come.

Roger that, i own the airbus x extended. 

Unfortunately the Airbus X Extended does not entitle you to take part in the RE program. It really must be the current series, i.e. the A318/A319 resp. A320/A321.

vor 7 Stunden , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

Hi Iccowan!

Yes, because what I see from the other pictures, you hit it very good so far. I think the picture below shows a better angle of the cockpit. But Iccowan is right, it looks a bit odd on the other pictures because of the angle.

A330_FUSELAGE_04112016_004.png

vor 1 hour , HardrockCafe sagte:

Yes, because what I see from the other pictures, you hit it very good so far. I think the picture below shows a better angle of the cockpit. But Iccowan is right, it looks a bit odd on the other pictures because of the angle.

A330_FUSELAGE_04112016_004.png

To settle down the rumours here i did myself some comparision and rotated the virtual model into the position the photo was made of.

The red line shows the curvature of the photographic original (image in the middle), the left image shows the silhuette line from our model (with the original silhuette line of the photo). The most right shows a crossblend of both images, WHICH OF COURSE PERFECTLY fit!

I hope this sample is proffesionell enough to convince you, that anything is as it should. (Funny is, that you not complained about the missing window wipers ;-) )

ref_fitting_silhuette.jpg

I only count 654,512 rivets on this bus. Should be 654,513 in Real world. 

I can't live with that level of inaccuracy! :lol:

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

To settle down the rumours here i did myself some comparision and rotated the virtual model into the position the photo was made of.

The red line shows the curvature of the photographic original (image in the middle), the left image shows the silhuette line from our model (with the original silhuette line of the photo). The most right shows a crossblend of both images, WHICH OF COURSE PERFECTLY fit!

I hope this sample is proffesionell enough to convince you, that anything is as it should. (Funny is, that you not complained about the missing window wipers ;-) )

ref_fitting_silhuette.jpg

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the effort, you convince me . Indeed case closed :cheers_s:

Marcel