Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Thank you Stefan for your answer.

You're a professional, and I would agree with your arguments. The main thing is the end result, and of course you better know how to achieve it!

The model is not ready yet but we already get pleasure from your reviews and communicate with you. 

Good luck in your creativity and life!

15 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

As we don't model emergencies we will not include a RAT either.

Good call, I should think the only people to have used one outside a simulator are the Airbus test pilots.

35 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Good call, I should think the only people to have used one outside a simulator are the Airbus test pilots.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that crews have had to use the RAT in actual pax operations - Air Transat 236 springs to mind.

7 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that crews have had to use the RAT in actual pax operations - Air Transat 236 springs to mind.

The RAT on a A320 series aircraft has only been deployed one single time in over 200.000.000 hours of flying. That was during the Hudson Landing event. As we feel we should not simulate events that you will simply never encounter (ort rather specific you would have a chance of one time every 23,529 years of continuous simming) we will most certainly not include a RAT.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The RAT on a A320 series aircraft has only been deployed one single time in over 200.000.000 hours of flying. That was during the Hudson Landing event. As we feel we should not simulate events that you will simply never encounter (ort rather specific you would have a chance of one time every 23,529 years of continuous simming) we will most certainlyu not include a RAT.

I wasn't asking for one (because I don't want to simulate emergencies) I was replying to the statement that they have been used outside of testing and simulators. :) 

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The RAT on a A320 series aircraft has only been deployed one single time in over 200.000.000 hours of flying. 

That number did sound so unbelievable that I had to estimate whether you could possibly be correct, Mathijs. Turns out, it looks like you're right. Amazing!

Peter

I got a presentation on aircraft systems and how often they have actually been used in real flight. I'll see if I can get that online in some form.  But it has some very surprising information, did you know there are 20 systems on a A320 that simply have never been activated other than to see if they still work? Over 80 ECAM messages that have never been shown in flight?

Do you guys know if when there will be a beta program for the A330.

If so how can I participate, I would like to be a beta tester :)

1 minute ago, Citation X said:

If so how can I participate, I would like to be a beta tester :)

You only need to join the A318 Research Edition program and you will be a beta tester instantly ;) 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

As we don't model emergencies we will not include a RAT either.

Mr. Hagen:  Goodness, I didn't mean to start a major discussion about RAT usage or ECAM messages.  I only made a request about modeling a RAT, because another developer does model a RAT on an A330 and on restart from a saved flight it is deployed and stays deployed and I wanted to make Aerosoft aware in its development process.  Thanks for your assurances.  Patiently waiting on Aerosoft.  John

RELEASE THE A330!

Let us feel the vibrations in our seat and our hands as we move the throttle

Let us get deaf from the loud screaming buzzsaw

Let us get blasted like a missile down the runway as we spread our wings and fly

Let us sit back and eat a steak while otto takes care of everything

Let us feel what it is like to be ........ Airbus.

Aerosoft deliver us from evil.....

The day the A330 comes out will be a new era in flight sim across the world

I just want it so bad even ig they gave us a beta product I would be so happy, I hope for it to come before the end of this year! Please AS do whatever you can to release it within reasonable time!

vor 1 hour , Citation X sagte:

I just want it so bad even ig they gave us a beta product I would be so happy, I hope for it to come before the end of this year! Please AS do whatever you can to release it within reasonable time!

keep cool - you don't wanna A330 in "beta" (or earlier) state that crashes, and wanders astraight at any flight you make.

let AS take it's time and deliver us a complete, tested and stable A330 that is fun to fly from end to end

Ughh, when I think "AEROSOFT PLEASE RELEASE THIS!!!!!!" I remember I don't know how to fly A330, so I remember I need a training, and I remember in the internet we don't have A330 Tutorials, and in the release day we aren't going to have "HOW TO FLY A330 AEROSOFT". Sad.

43 minutes ago, Pedriko said:

Ughh, when I think "AEROSOFT PLEASE RELEASE THIS!!!!!!" I remember I don't know how to fly A330, so I remember I need a training, and I remember in the internet we don't have A330 Tutorials, and in the release day we aren't going to have "HOW TO FLY A330 AEROSOFT". Sad.

Im sure the A330 comes with a Step-by-Step tutorial as the A318/19/20/21 did...

9 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

Im sure the A330 comes with a Step-by-Step tutorial as the A318/19/20/21 did...

Did they?  I must read that. :banghead1_s:Seriously, I flew the Wilco A330 and the A340, and I have the BBS too,   They are sufficiently similar, that you won't feel lost at all.  Anyone who has any of the A320 series will not have much problem.  It's Boeings I don't understand VNav, RNav ????

Whether a step-by-step guide will be ready on release day or not, if you're able to fly the A318/319/320/321 I don't think you'll have to many problems getting to grips with the A330.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

It's Boeings I don't understand VNav, RNav ????

Boeing systems have nothing to do with RNAV...it may be applied to any aircraft equipped with GPS/GNSS/INS

On 11/4/2016 at 6:25 AM, Johnny767 said:

My only desire is for Aerosoft to develop the A-340 series- Now,That would be AWSOMEEEER  !!!!!

You just pulled off a Trump. The only guy I have seen on this forum who talks about an Aerosoft A340, and gets likes on that post. :o

But great post, indeed.

On 11/7/2016 at 2:52 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

i respect your desires

Image result for tgi fridays logo

On 11/9/2016 at 0:04 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

did you know there are 20 systems on a A320 that simply have never been activated other than to see if they still work? Over 80 ECAM messages that have never been shown in flight?

Are you telling me that even Airbus wastes money on eye-candy stuff, that has no real usage? :lol:

2 hours ago, nealmac said:

Whether a step-by-step guide will be ready on release day or not, if you're able to fly the A318/319/320/321 I don't think you'll have to many problems getting to grips with the A330.

Of course a Step By Step guide will be available on releaseday. How else should we tell you to RTFM if you ask for support if the M is missing!

Just now, Emanuel Hagen said:

Of course a Step By Step guide will be available on releaseday. How else should we tell you to RTFM if you ask for support if the M is missing!

Wasn't me that said it, Emi. I was just responding to someone else.

1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Friday Update please!

1 minute ago, nealmac said:

Wasn't me that said it, Emi. I was just responding to someone else.

And I was just clarifying it once and for all :)