Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 2 Stunden , CRJ900 sagte:

Thanks for the explanation, Stefan! Even though I really like the way the windows and cabin were done in the A320 series I agree with the decision made for the A330, since it is a much larger aircraft. I guess a big pluse-side for repainters is the fact that witht this concept one is able to recreate any airline cabin/window-layout without too much effort, like would be the case with some other delevopers. Can't wait to see the finished model with all textures done. :) 

Yes, you can switch off the window frames, glass and content inside the window via mask, so you can swiftly change to any layout wished.

vor 41 Minuten, DagelijksGamer sagte:

Will there be a freight version as well?

How about you use the search function first?

1 hour ago, DagelijksGamer said:

Can't you just make a 'freight version' from the paint-kit?

38 minutes ago, Airbus A330 said:

How about you use the search function first?

I've googled it, I couldn't find a result. I'm not reading 89 pages of forum, I'm sorry. I'm okay with 2-5, but 89 is just too much.

Vor 1 Stunde, KingMusjo sagte:

Technically sure, one could remove all the windows and paint a freight-door, along with some bump maps but in reality the A330 freighter is based on the -200 version and has a big bulge where the nosewheel is in order to elevate the front section of the aircraft so everything is level on the main deck. So it all depends on how accurate you want it to be.

1 hour ago, KingMusjo said:

You can, buuut. See the differences in the nose gear between A330-300 and A330F. Of course the freighter version have a different cockpit, different procedures, so if we have, can't use FS2Crew. GSX will work in pax mode. Fuel planner will calculate passengers. And of course, the A330F have a different feeling of pilotage if I can say this way. The motor is almost the same, but it's not. The same goes to -200.

That's first Class Stefan, really looking forward to it now, keep up the good work.

8 hours ago, DagelijksGamer said:

Please see the first page of this forum.

Best wishes.

18 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

+1 

I participated in the CTP two weeks ago. It was almost all 777s, including myself (although I used the Captainsim version). This Aerosoft model will provide a much needed alternative for long haul flights. Thanks for working so diligently on this product.

Peter

Yes, the variety will be good. I've taken some time to get myself very familiar with Airbus systems the past few months in anticipation for the first long haul flight.

10 hours ago, Pedriko said:

You can, buuut. See the differences in the nose gear between A330-300 and A330F. Of course the freighter version have a different cockpit, different procedures, so if we have, can't use FS2Crew. GSX will work in pax mode. Fuel planner will calculate passengers. And of course, the A330F have a different feeling of pilotage if I can say this way. The motor is almost the same, but it's not. The same goes to -200.

Oh, come on! I only meant - since they're not doing a freighter version - that a solution *could* be, to just make a paint kit so *simulate* it, if it's so important. Regarding the "only passenger" problem - weight is weight... you could just match the ZFW you want, and go from there... and before you start argumenting against - it only meant as a *work-around*.

I'm very well aware, that there's a lot of subtle differences.

Besides - the "Are you doing a freighter version"-question has already been asked and answered in this topic before. A simple use of the Search function above, would have given a nice answer...

Hi,

I searched "auto cruise" on the search engine here, and it hit me up with a single post that no one seems to have answered (at least, I couldnt find it). Will there be a similar "auto cruise" function in this model of Airbus as PMDG 777s?

9 hours ago, KingMusjo said:

Oh, come on! I only meant - since they're not doing a freighter version - that a solution *could* be, to just make a paint kit so *simulate* it, if it's so important. Regarding the "only passenger" problem - weight is weight... you could just match the ZFW you want, and go from there... and before you start argumenting against - it only meant as a *work-around*.

I'm very well aware, that there's a lot of subtle differences.

The differences aren't subtle between the two types, not in the slightest. 

EDIT: to clarify, for the purposes of pushing a button and flying, they're more or less similar, but if you took them both apart, they're two entirely different animals. The A330 and A340 passenger variants bear a lot more resemblance than the A330 passenger and freighter variants do.

18 minutes ago, amahran said:

The differences aren't subtle between the two types, not in the slightest. 

EDIT: to clarify, for the purposes of pushing a button and flying, they're more or less similar, but if you took them both apart, they're two entirely different animals. The A330 and A340 passenger variants bear a lot more resemblance than the A330 passenger and freighter variants do.

I don't really want to argue about this.

Firstly, the discussion is mute, since they're not planning a freighter-version of the A330! Again, a simple search of the topic here, would have provided a answer to that question... 

Secondly, I quite aware that they probably are different when you're taking them apart. I simply gave a (rather simple) solution, so it would be possible to enjoy the Aerosoft A330 as a freighter.

Whether or not, or how much they look alike (inside and outside) could probably be masked a long way, by some clever use of the paintkit. Simply as a workaround. 

And with that we end the A330 freighter discussion in this thread. Feel free to open a new topic in the general forum about it. 

Thanks

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And with that we end the A330 freighter discussion in this thread. Feel free to open a new topic in the general forum about it. 

Thanks

Of course! Sorry for getting off-topic... 

Will do. I should have clarified I'm not particularly interested in seeing a freighter variant, but it bothers me a lot when people say both freighter and passenger variants of two planes are similar. I've seen it first-hand, a freighter variant generally calls for a total redesign of a plane, and this process is incredibly underappreciated.

Hey Guys,

I searched this topic but found nothing for my query.

I've noticed from flying the smaller buses, around the estimates for waypoints and destinations seem to be a bit off and are constantly changing, this is isn't ideal when flying oceanic as many will be with the A330, will this be rectified to ensure accurate times are shown in the FMGS?

Thanks!

Hi Stefan!
Thank you for your hard work and for the fact that you find time to communicate with us and to keep us informed.
Аbout 3D windows let me not agree with you! Your logic is clear but it does not fit your same decision. For example: why to do such detailed landing gears department? This is an internal invisible part of the aircraft. But I was very happy about it!
I think all of the models parts should be at the same high level. Many pilots like me, every flight enjoy the visual model for a long time before takeoff and after landing. Believe me, this is very important!
In my experience: Today I need to always make the product for tomorrow, because while I'm doing it, comes tomorrow. For example, all models of PMDG have a 3D windows. And by the way, PMDG JS4100 has the ability to affordable of load manager showing passengers in the cabin. (model released six years ago)
Today is 21st century! What Henry Ford might to say today?" We disclaim heat engines in cars and choose the electric vehicle. Why? Because, despite all the difficulties, people want better and more....
If someone does not have enough money to buy Tesla, it does not mean that it is not necessary to produce. We just need help to find the money to those who do not buy it yet. We need today to give people tomorrow! Only this way can we ensure a future...". I think so would say Henry Ford... 
By the way, I bought the BBS Wide body shortly after the release, just looked at the external model and deleted it. It's just an insult to the real aircraft!!!!

vor 17 Minuten, snow sagte:

Hi Stefan!
Thank you for your hard work and for the fact that you find time to communicate with us and to keep us informed.
Аbout 3D windows let me not agree with you! Your logic is clear but it does not fit your same decision. For example: why to do such detailed landing gears department? This is an internal invisible part of the aircraft. But I was very happy about it!
I think all of the models parts should be at the same high level. Many pilots like me, every flight enjoy the visual model for a long time before takeoff and after landing. Believe me, this is very important!
In my experience: Today I need to always make the product for tomorrow, because while I'm doing it, comes tomorrow. For example, all models of PMDG have a 3D windows. And by the way, PMDG JS4100 has the ability to affordable of load manager showing passengers in the cabin. (model released six years ago)
Today is 21st century! What Henry Ford might to say today?" We disclaim heat engines in cars and choose the electric vehicle. Why? Because, despite all the difficulties, people want better and more....
If someone does not have enough money to buy Tesla, it does not mean that it is not necessary to produce. We just need help to find the money to those who do not buy it yet. We need today to give people tomorrow! Only this way can we ensure a future...". I think so would say Henry Ford... 
By the way, I bought the BBS Wide body shortly after the release, just looked at the external model and deleted it. It's just an insult to the real aircraft!!!!

Hi Snow!

Thanks for your input and i respect your desires. PMDGs products are also known to me. Also the JS4100 you brought as example; but compare the size of this aircraft to an A330. From belly to tail it maybe not even reaches the distance from an A330s nose to the starting curvature of its giant wings, not to speak

of huge cargo holds, complex landing gears, complex wings with wingflex (which consumes rough numbers of CPU time, as there is in first instance the movement of the geometry calculates, later drawn by the graphics card), at least 3 detailed galleys and on. Also repainters will be happy to know, that they simply can control

the window layout purely by the paintkit via masking. Additionally the PMDG JS4100 was at the time i tested it, not a real FPS rocket and that at this scale vs wide body aircraft. Also compare the cockpit sizes and cockpit detailing. And all that i must repeatedly say, has to fit in a VERY CONCEALED SPACE OF MEMORY AND CPU ENVIRONMENT.

Other developers have their philosophy about it, we got ours and we do good with it.

We build aircraft for the presence, not for a distant future of super computers AND with a strong value for money. Sadly only a few can afford a Tesla today, but whats with the rest of humankind? Does future for them has to wait?

In my eyes Henry Ford would say: The future is born in the present and grows adult by a great vision. You need to understand your costumers and what ensures they have FUN with the product. Avoid under any circumstances to get lost in secondary details in favour of the main idea and learn to understand when they are secondary.

4 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Hi Snow!

Thanks for your input and i respect your desires. PMDGs products are also known to me. Also the JS4100 you brought as example; but compare the size of this aircraft to an A330. From belly to tail it maybe not even reaches the distance from an A330s nose to the starting curvature of its giant wings, not to speak

of huge cargo holds, complex landing gears, complex wings with wingflex (which consumes rough numbers of CPU time, as there is in first instance the movement of the geometry calculates, later drawn by the graphics card), at least 3 detailed galleys and on. Also repainters will be happy to know, that they simply can control

the window layout purely by the paintkit via masking. Additionally the PMDG JS4100 was at the time i tested it, not a real FPS rocket and that at this scale vs wide body aircraft. Also compare the cockpit sizes and cockpit detailing. And all that i must repeatedly say, has to fit in a VERY CONCEALED SPACE OF MEMORY AND CPU ENVIRONMENT.

Other developers have their philosophy about it, we got ours and we do good with it.

We build aircraft for the presence, not for a distant future of super computers AND with a strong value for money. Sadly only a few can afford a Tesla today, but whats with the rest of humankind? Does future for them has to wait?

In my eyes Henry Ford would say: The future is born in the present and grows adult by a great vision. You need to understand your costumers and what ensures they have FUN with the product. Avoid under any circumstances to get lost in secondary details in favour of the main idea and learn to understand when they are secondary.

Hey Stefan, you sure you weren't a philosopher in your previous life? Men...that's some deep stuff. Kudos again on the A330, lemme know when i can take that gal home. 

TOPIC:  Modeled RAT (RAM Air Turbine) Consideration

If a restart from a saved inflight state causes an electrical failure, a modeled RAT will deploy and stay deployed, unless adjusted somehow,

As the A330 is long haul (in my case used to fly American Flts 704/705 KCLT/EDDF) an 8+ hour flight, if a RAT is modeled, please ensure that it either does not automatically deploy, or can be retrieved, after a restart from an inflight enroute saved state.  Saving across the pond is a must, if one wants supper served by the wife at the dinner table.  If it is modeled and cannot be retrieved, it will have to stay deployed until after the aircraft gets to the shop, where it will have to be replaced.  John