Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 6 Minuten, Fabri Diaz Sanchez sagte:

Hello there, may I ask, will the A330 be compatible with AES/GSX? I've searched the answer, but I couldn't find it here with the search function.

Thanks, keep up the amazing work!

Jup it (she) will be ;)

vor 1 hour , data63 sagte:

sounds nice - but how far would you have to zoooooom in to get a readable picture ?

Ehm I dunno. Furthermore it is our choise so we decide which charts we need which means there is no database required. 

4 hours ago, AirbusLover said:

I have a small idea regarding to the EFB. What if you create an EFB where you insert .pdf charts into a special folder so you can see the charts in the VC when using the EFB? Would it be a possible way? 

Cheers :)

I think it would be best to use navigraph since all charts are updated. Also, this EFB (BWkdY6PCQAAs90P.jpg) is probably best for the A330 since the size is just right and it wont be blocking the view. 

9 hours ago, AirbusLover said:

I have a small idea regarding to the EFB. What if you create an EFB where you insert .pdf charts into a special folder so you can see the charts in the VC when using the EFB? Would it be a possible way? 

Cheers :)

Already tried with Captain Sim 777 - and it was useless IMO.
Only thing it did, was eating VAS and FPS... 

4 hours ago, francis16 said:

I think it would be best to use navigraph since all charts are updated

You realise of course that Aerosoft have their own NavDataPro Charts  ;) 

Aerosoft (Mathijs) said just a few days back that the EFB does not have any priority at the moment and no decisions have been made about any details of it.

compared with the blackbox the cockpit is more realistic and more modern  its will be great flight experience  i love the A330

The answer would probably be NO for now but can we get a short clip? I can't wait to see/hear a short video and hear how this beauty sounds.

That Rolls Royce spool up and that Roll Royce idle hum :D can't wait to hear those.

3 minutes ago, emmanuelgemini said:

The answer would probably be NO for now but I can't wait to see/hear a short video and hear how this beauty sounds.

That Rolls Royce spool up and that Roll Royce idle hum :D can't wait to hear those.

When posting into this forum please make sure to give a hint to what post / question you are referring. Use the "Quote" link below each post to paste it into your own one (like I did above with yours).

So, to what question are you answering? ;)

Just now, Tom A320 said:

When posting into this forum please make sure to give a hint to what post / question you are referring. Use the "Quote" link below each post to paste it into your own one (like I did above with yours).

So, to what question are you answering? ;)

I wasn't answering anyone. So no need to quote anything :D 

Ooops, that happens if you have too many windows opened simultaneously and also answering a phone call in the same moment ;) Sorry for that.

I think everyone fully understands what it means to have charts in an EFB. But again, currently the EFB doesn't have priority as Mathijs stated earlier.

Will it feature auto step climbs for those long haul flights where you are unable to sit binge-monitor the whole trip? :D

vor 2 Stunden , AirbusLover sagte:

Look, this is what I mean. Using charts as .pdf or as image. This is very interesting and it would be awesome to have this feature inside the A330 :3 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-Wrx7ZiBA

real nice vid (looking forward for this bird !! - island hopping with HAL) - but it exactly shows the "problem" - to be able to read a checklist/chart you have to zoom in heavily being not really able to read a chart/checklist AND handle your bird in the VC (unless you have an 8k 40'' screen)

vor 16 Minuten, Jarlsberg sagte:

Will it feature auto step climbs for those long haul flights where you are unable to sit binge-monitor the whole trip? :D

auto step climbs are (afaik) not implemented in the real a330 (it was in the MD11 but it's a somehow "dangereous" feature initiating a level change without "asking" the pilot).

as you have a flight plan, just set a wake-up call and climb when you are supposed (and cleared) to

1 hour ago, data63 said:

real nice vid (looking forward for this bird !! - island hopping with HAL) - but it exactly shows the "problem" - to be able to read a checklist/chart you have to zoom in heavily being not really able to read a chart/checklist AND handle your bird in the VC (unless you have an 8k 40'' screen)

Captains, pilots, simmers, folks: displaying charts on the EFB of ours VC planes is really a pain in the...well, all of you know where. Aren't you convinced yet? Try this (when/if able): Pick a plane with EFB and go to a very busy and big airport that you aren't very familiar with. Be sure you pick a huge one (KORD, KDFW, etc...) and prepare your flight. If able and always to enhance our experience, let's fly this leg online (IVAO or VATSIM). If you have iPad/Tablet with any chart app, load the taxi chart of your departure airport and keep the device close of you. Now let's get back to our VC and that well-desired EFB. Once you're ready to taxi, GND gives you the taxi instructions to the h/p of the runway (yes, rarely we have GND online but for this example, we do have) and you start your taxi in that busy and big airport. Voice instructions to another traffics on your headset don't stop, adding stress and finally you make that common mistake: turn right/left in the wrong taxiway. Obviously, GND goes to you:

- GND "Skylost 553, please confirm you're in taxiway N"

- You: "Uuhh...yes..wait..uuhh, no, but... hhmm"

- GND: "No problem, Sir (yes, with sarcasm included). Take your next right in C to the north and left to taxiway N"

...now almost the best part: you have to readback. WTF!!! And finally, the rock star: you have to readback using that beautiful, very-easy-to-read and fancy EFB. Hey captain, you're taxiing in sequence with other planes. Keep an eye (better two) outside!

Guys, I bet you that from 100 pilots in this situation, more that 90 had taken the iPad/Tablet instead burning the mouse wheel zooming in and out in the VC.

1 hour ago, Ivan Lewis said:

Captains, pilots, simmers, folks: displaying charts on the EFB of ours VC planes is really a pain in the...well, all of you know where. Aren't you convinced yet? Try this (when/if able): Pick a plane with EFB and go to a very busy and big airport that you aren't very familiar with. Be sure you pick a huge one (KORD, KDFW, etc...) and prepare your flight. If able and always to enhance our experience, let's fly this leg online (IVAO or VATSIM). If you have iPad/Tablet with any chart app, load the taxi chart of your departure airport and keep the device close of you. Now let's get back to our VC and that well-desired EFB. Once you're ready to taxi, GND gives you the taxi instructions to the h/p of the runway (yes, rarely we have GND online but for this example, we do have) and you start your taxi in that busy and big airport. Voice instructions to another traffics on your headset don't stop, adding stress and finally you make that common mistake: turn right/left in the wrong taxiway. Obviously, GND goes to you:

- GND "Skylost 553, please confirm you're in taxiway N"

- You: "Uuhh...yes..wait..uuhh, no, but... hhmm"

- GND: "No problem, Sir (yes, with sarcasm included). Take your next right in C to the north and left to taxiway N"

...now almost the best part: you have to readback. WTF!!! And finally, the rock star: you have to readback using that beautiful, very-easy-to-read and fancy EFB. Hey captain, you're taxiing in sequence with other planes. Keep an eye (better two) outside!

Guys, I bet you that from 100 pilots in this situation, more that 90 had taken the iPad/Tablet instead burning the mouse wheel zooming in and out in the VC.

Sure mate... I hope this EFB demands to stop... There's no logic and sense of using it. Even some guys who r flying the captain sim 777,mentioned the fps impact, and distraction while they're in control of the plane. Plus this matter gives the pressure to developers to meet the EFB interested customers demands, i guess .

Let's hope in future ,the software developers to come up with integrated ways to make EFB as fps friendly tool, may be pop up window style as well or as suggested ,stand alone tool etc... 

Then I'll join the EFB demander club:)

Greets to all my friends. 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:02 AM, Scriptless said:

16f6538ff97d40a8a5778044d7498ccd.png

6000d96389d04d2d9e73ef69d3b2eacb.png

I think that says it all!

Nope- Not really- Not so fast. .. And here's why:

I am the guy who loves to disagree with anyone who thinks as "Mine is better than yours.. Or, my dad is better than your dad" type of ideas. There is no question that Aerosoft's Airbus has better looking textures than BBS. However, I strongly believe in supporting every developer that genuinely makes every effort- in their power- to bring us a product that we can enjoy. With the most recent version V.85 BBS has made tremendous improvements compared to the previous version, in textures, cockpit lighting, performance, F-B-W systems, and the magnificent (and I mean REALLY impressed) Preflight Management Manager. If you (folks who lived at Avsim) recalled,  Avsim was inundated  with topics about PMDG 737  vs Aerosoft's Airbus some 3 years ago. Oh Lord, some people went to the point of saying that PMDG's 737 was like day and night compared to Aerosoft's Airbus and that they would pay "anything" for any PMDG product... And, lo-and-behold, they (PMDG) charged almost $100 for a P3D installer. (I hope someone has learned their lessons). LoL I strongly contradicted every post bashing Aerosoft, and "fought" hard that we should support other developers and stop seeing a specific developer as a 'god.'

Therefore, as an owner of BBS  A-340  and A-330, I can genuinely say that they (BBS-  a two man army) have made tremendous progress and WILL get better. They have/ are taking very long? Yes, they are. But, of course, it's unfair to compare at this point a flight sim power-house as Aerosoft with a 2 man  developer.  I love Aerosoft's Airbus and I also love BBS A-340, A-330. I am sure Aerosoft's A-330 will be great as well- no doubt. But, ladies and gentleman, let's not look down on a developer who have made a tremendous effort for us to enjoy an Airbus that 10 years ago not even PMDG had the courage to tackle such a task.  Thank you, BBS.... Thank you, Aerosoft.

I have not tried FSL Airbus, but, (I) personally- and currently- have more than enough with BBS and Aerosoft's. My only desire is for Aerosoft to develop the A-340 series- Now,That would be AWSOMEEEER  !!!!!

Johnny

With this, Blackbox can not keep up !!!

But the Window Reflection ist nice at the Blackbox Airbus.

Can you do this too?

vor 50 Minuten, *Bastian* sagte:

With this, Blackbox can not keep up !!!

But the Window Reflection ist nice at the Blackbox Airbus.

Can you do this too?

Hi Bastin!

1. Reflected there you see the artificial horizon of the Captain

The first issue i see there: The reflection is static and the horizon on the display moves. Would this make sense?

2. Even more obvious: This reflection should be even not possible by the construction of the cockpit. The reflection remains the same when you sit in the captains seat and is then covered by the paneling.

3.  And would you like this stuff obscuring your view out of the window even? (As you would get it all the time...)