Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

7 hours ago, Citation X said:

So your saying if AS tries using the the real tables Airbus will sue them?

If you want performance tables (and a whole lot more) for the A330, just go to Airbus and get the PDF.

for the A330: http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/tech_data/AC/Airbus-AC-A330-20140101.pdf (note the date, there might be a newer version out there on their website but this is what Google presents).

This is also an interesting read (though not official), including a list of airports with maintenance services and what level of maintenance is available: http://www.team.aero/images/aviation_data_insert/Owners_OperatorsGuide_A330.pdf

And notice how such documents clearly state you're not to distribute them without permission, and that use for other than the intended purpose (and flight simulation is clearly an intended purpose different from actual aircraft operation) is not permitted.

Google is your friend :)

Who designed the cockpit?

Tell that guy ill buy him a beer for every polygon of that cockpit!

4 hours ago, francis16 said:

In regards with the take off performance, is there going to be a program to calculate the speed, trim, CG etc? 

Not planned. It will be like the AS A320. Speeds will be giving for a certain weight/runway in the MCDU and CG, hence trim, via the load manager. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not planned. It will be like the AS A320. Speeds will be giving for a certain weight/runway in the MCDU and CG, hence trim, via the load manager. 

Thats why i've been getting the same trim everytime i fly. I have no clue that the load manager will give you the perfect trim that you need lol.

One other thing, how's the feel when you're flying the new a330? is it some what the same with the 320 or is there a slight diff/improvement? 

9 hours ago, Citation X said:

How can AS get the permission to publish the tables in the manual. Do they need another license for that?

I can assure you, no such license will ever be given. 

20 minutes ago, francis16 said:

One other thing, how's the feel when you're flying the new a330? is it some what the same with the 320 or is there a slight diff/improvement? 

We are still fine tuning the A330 FBW feel. You will notice that you are flying an heavier aircraft but the nice thing about the RW Airbus FBW is that there are no control forces on the stick and the G and roll rate inputs are the same. You just have a bit more inertia.

I found taxiing hard. Kept running wheels on the grass and clipping buildings with the wings. I never flown anything this large.

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We are still fine tuning the A330 FBW feel. You will notice that you are flying an heavier aircraft but the nice thing about the RW Airbus FBW is that there are no control forces on the stick and the G and roll rate inputs are the same. You just have a bit more inertia.

So does that mean that the aircraft is easier to turn?

5 hours ago, jwenting said:

If you want performance tables (and a whole lot more) for the A330, just go to Airbus and get the PDF.

for the A330: http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/tech_data/AC/Airbus-AC-A330-20140101.pdf (note the date, there might be a newer version out there on their website but this is what Google presents).

This is also an interesting read (though not official), including a list of airports with maintenance services and what level of maintenance is available: http://www.team.aero/images/aviation_data_insert/Owners_OperatorsGuide_A330.pdf

And notice how such documents clearly state you're not to distribute them without permission, and that use for other than the intended purpose (and flight simulation is clearly an intended purpose different from actual aircraft operation) is not permitted.

Google is your friend :)

Sadly, the first link gives a 404, so it turns out that google wasn't your friend after all. The particular document available gives airport and maintenance data - it is not a compendium of performance tables.

DJ

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I found taxiing hard. Kept running wheels on the grass and clipping buildings with the wings. I never flown anything this large.

LOL! i think if you're used to taxiing the PMDG 777, it would be easier for you to taxi this aircraft. Its just that every turn, you have to constantly check both left and right sides just to be sure you're not going to hit anything. What do you think is the gauge if you're going to turn this aircraft? 

That why there is a tail camera View so that when taxiing you have a overview of the Wings. 

Is the Airbus equivalent of the GMCS (Ground Maneuver Camera System) even an option on the A330? I know it's included on the A380, and i suspect the A350 to be equipped with it too, but I've never seen an A330 with a camera system.

8 minutes ago, krivadesign said:

Is the Airbus equivalent of the GMCS (Ground Maneuver Camera System) even an option on the A330? I know it's included on the A380, and i suspect the A350 to be equipped with it too, but I've never seen an A330 with a camera system.

There isn't that kind of camera system on the A330 as far as I know. 

10 minutes ago, krivadesign said:

I have been on A330s with a tail camera, it was even available for pax to watch. 

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

I have been on A330s with a tail camera, it was even available for pax to watch. 

Might have just been there for the PAX entertainment system only, not for use by the pilots.

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said: I found taxiing hard. Kept running wheels on the grass and clipping buildings with the wings. I never flown anything this large.

LOL! i think if you're used to taxiing the PMDG 777, it would be easier for you to taxi this aircraft. Its just that every turn, you have to constantly check both left and right sides just to be sure you're not going to hit anything. What do you think is the gauge if you're going to turn this aircraft? 

I find that when taxiing larger aircraft such as the PMDG 777 or the iFly 747 that if i overshoot the line for a 90 degree turn by a metre or 2 before starting the turn, and then turning as sharp as possible it gives me much better control for getting back on track. However I this may be frowned upon in real life. I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said: I found taxiing hard. Kept running wheels on the grass and clipping buildings with the wings. I never flown anything this large.

I find that when taxiing larger aircraft such as the PMDG 777 or the iFly 747 that if i overshoot the line for a 90 degree turn by a metre or 2 before starting the turn, and then turning as sharp as possible it gives me much better control for getting back on track. However I this may be frowned upon in real life. I have no idea.

Same with me. I don't really care about the main wheels going over the grass, just as long as I end up straight on the next taxiway/on the runway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, nealmac said:

Sharp turns are hard on the inner tires.

On 10/5/2016 at 2:55 PM, Dudley said:

I think they would like to release by the end of the week, we have seen the updates about the progress, and I saw Mathijs talking about it on Youtube a little while ago.  It is a very complex product, more complex than I at first appreciated.  They probably don't have a firm date to give us, with any certainty.  It's ready when  it's ready. Nice to see it has been flying though.

Lucky it's just a sim then :D

9 hours ago, ubersu said:

Sadly, the first link gives a 404, so it turns out that google wasn't your friend after all. The particular document available gives airport and maintenance data - it is not a compendium of performance tables.

DJ

It works for me, gives a very nice big PDF which contains a lot of data about the aircraft.

Maybe not exactly what you're demanding people give you, of course. But then again you're likely never satisfied, you seem to be that kind of person.

It even tells you what distance you should stay away from the APU to not be burned by the exhaust.

I have a small idea regarding to the EFB. What if you create an EFB where you insert .pdf charts into a special folder so you can see the charts in the VC when using the EFB? Would it be a possible way? 

Cheers :)

vor 31 Minuten, AirbusLover sagte:

I have a small idea regarding to the EFB. What if you create an EFB where you insert .pdf charts into a special folder so you can see the charts in the VC when using the EFB? Would it be a possible way? 

Cheers :)

That would be awesome! No switching between PDF reader and FSX anymore, when flying on VATSIM...

sounds nice - but how far would you have to zoooooom in to get a readable picture ?

The only a330s that have the tail cams are the new a330 neos/800/900 etc, they have the new Airbus cockpit similar the the a350 and a380

Hello there, may I ask, will the A330 be compatible with AES/GSX? I've searched the answer, but I couldn't find it here with the search function.

Thanks, keep up the amazing work!