Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

BBS posted yesterday on Facebook that we have only shown renders of our Virtual Cockpit so far. That, of course, is simply not true, we have show the first in game shots many many months ago, we even shown images from inflight. They did so as response to a comment that their VC might even look better than ours. Perhaps it is, perhaps not. We'll gladly leave that decision to the viewer. But let me show some highlights from our product. It's all work in progress and please note that I use rather low color P3D settings (if you got it on your screen for 12 hours a day you tend to avoid it popping, lol).

But in any case, to set the record straight, we are far beyond the stage were can only show renders. Do watch these in full size if your monitor can handle it.

[...]

Brake Fan?

37 minutes ago, Wibispnp said:

Brake Fan?

You quoted the answer yourself...

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...] It's all work in progress [...]

7 hours ago, walterg74 said:

Is this still set for 2016, or has the ETA been moved forward?

6 hours ago, walterg74 said:

I never asked for a specific date. This whole thread starts with Mathjis stating it will be released in 2016 "but stuff can happen". Hence since I'm not gonna read 85 pages, simply asking if the original plan still stands or if "stuff happened"...

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Walter,

I don't think anyone is expecting you to read the entire thread. 

Sorry Dave , I have to disagree with your comment , I think you will find that the majority do expect others to read before posting .

Walter was able to find the Aerosoft forum and the A330 topic in the Previews of Unreleased Products section all by himself but failed to even read the comment at the very top of the page " asking " that people refrain from asking about release dates ( however worded ) or even bother to read the first post in this thread . That he doesn't have the time to read all the pages is his problem not ours and this is the very reason I turned of notifications for the topics that I found interesting . Walter is not " new " to the forum , he signed up Feb 2015 , so he is ( or should be ) fully aware of the workings of the forum and know better . As I am a masochist ( apparently ) I have just gone through all 85 pages and Walter was the 36th person ( I'm sure I missed a few ) to ask THE QUESTION that everyone else knows not to ask but each time that IT is asked it causes several others to post ( I am now also guilty of this ) . No wonder this thread is now 85 pages and people have no idea why .

There are other sites related to flight sim that after registering require you to read a post and reply that you have read the Terms and Conditions before you are even allowed to post , failure to follow those terms can result in anything from posting privileges being revoked to an outright ban . Maybe something to consider for Aerosoft's next project ( whatever that will be ) .

Don't get me wrong , I am just as " excited " as everyone else about the release , be it tomorrow , December or late next year but I ( at least ) am able to resist from asking when .

With that I really am finished as far as posting anything is concerned , maybe it's time to take up knitting or something equally rewarding as the asking and answering of the same questions over and over is getting quite boring ( using a polite word ) and that includes most other threads , not just the Previews .

3 minutes ago, John Glanville said:

Sorry Dave , I have to disagree with your comment , I think you will find that the majority do expect others to read before posting .

Walter was able to find the Aerosoft forum and the A330 topic in the Previews of Unreleased Products section all by himself but failed to even read the comment at the very top of the page " asking " that people refrain from asking about release dates ( however worded ) or even bother to read the first post in this thread . That he doesn't have the time to read all the pages is his problem not ours and this is the very reason I turned of notifications for the topics that I found interesting . Walter is not " new " to the forum , he signed up Feb 2015 , so he is ( or should be ) fully aware of the workings of the forum and know better . As I am a masochist ( apparently ) I have just gone through all 85 pages and Walter was the 36th person ( I'm sure I missed a few ) to ask THE QUESTION that everyone else knows not to ask but each time that IT is asked it causes several others to post ( I am now also guilty of this ) . No wonder this thread is now 85 pages and people have no idea why .

There are other sites related to flight sim that after registering require you to read a post and reply that you have read the Terms and Conditions before you are even allowed to post , failure to follow those terms can result in anything from posting privileges being revoked to an outright ban . Maybe something to consider for Aerosoft's next project ( whatever that will be ) .

Don't get me wrong , I am just as " excited " as everyone else about the release , be it tomorrow , December or late next year but I ( at least ) am able to resist from asking when .

With that I really am finished as far as posting anything is concerned , maybe it's time to take up knitting or something equally rewarding as the asking and answering of the same questions over and over is getting quite boring ( using a polite word ) and that includes most other threads , not just the Previews .

1) maybe you need to lighten up a bit

2) maybe if the thread didn't have all these "holier than thou" posts it wouldn't be 85 pages long. 

Don't worry, won't ask again to raise the fury of the rude...

If you feel " victimised " by my post there is a button next to the time stamp marked " Report post " but as I previously stated , I am done here anyway , so couldn't care less about your " feelings " . As for 2) No , the reason this ( 2nd A330 preview thread ) is 85 pages long is the constant " When will it be released ? " and all other variations of the same that are posted and no other reason .

And with John's post we close the "release date / time frame" topic for the moment.

In the future it is simply enough to answer something like:

Please use the forum search in the top right corner of this page ("this topic" "release") and have a look for posts of Mathijs Kok.

That also keeps the amount to unnecessary posts in this topic to a minimum. There really is no need to also start a discussion every time over and over again.

1 minute ago, eltechron said:

Will there be (or has there been) screenshots of the cockpit displays on?

Once Aerosoft sees them fit to be shown, they will be published here ;) 

59 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

And with John's post we close the "release date / time frame" topic for the moment.

In the future it is simply enough to answer something like:

That also keeps the amount to unnecessary posts in this topic to a minimum. There really is no need to start a discussion every time over and over again.

Thanks Tom, that being the case since the only "official word" is what Mathijs wrote on the first post, and no updates have been seen, I will assume that unless something happens, like *he* said, this is still set to release in 2016. 

2 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Thanks Tom, that being the case since the only "official word" is what Mathijs wrote on the first post, and no updates have been seen, I will assume that unless something happens, like *he* said, this is still set to release in 2016. 

27 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

I also said I am in no hurry, lol. We'll see.

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I also said I am in no hurry, lol. We'll see.

;)  Danke schon!

I have to say this not to inflate anyones' ego but because with me at least "it is what it is".  I am the type who would be the first to complain at an inferior product.  But with AS having purchased my 1st product I bought a few more.  Knowing the quality, the price, the fit for purpose product and a certain little bit extra like the sliding windows you could probable design a real one from, it has so much detail.  So here I am waiting for the A330 so I have a longer range plane to go in my virtual hanger.  Would I accept any other?  Not a chance in hell!  Forget the rest guys you have a certain record that precedes you and people who know what to expect and love from your products.  Just keep with the plan I guess.  Finally, thank you for all the previous products you produced.

Busy weekend, so I'm a bit late to the party, but those shots posted by Stefan and Mathijs are beyond amazing.

I'd also like to point out how very unprofessional Black Box Simulations have conducted themselves, making such claims, especially false ones. Not that I've ever had any dealings with them before, but comments like that will only deter me from buying any of their products.

While we may complain about bbs in this forum, the aerosoft product is not released yet so the bbs is the best a330 on the market currently I own the bbs aircraft and they are pretty good obviously though aerosofts will be much better 

4 hours ago, francis16 said:

I just noticed on the picture that you posted that there is WIND on the MCDU. I just want to ask if we're going to have a wind update just like in the PMDG 777? Also, is there going to be V1 call out just like in this video? (3:03) 

The V1 call out is planned yes. Wind update is not planned yet and must be entered manually. I know an update would be very nice and we are considering it but a decision is not made yet.

Please do not reply to this post with how good an wind update would be and why. We know how realistic it is. If we have anything new on this subject you will guys will hear it here in the preview forum from us. 

Thanks

Aerosoft

You should include the performance tables (takeoff, cruise, landing, etc) for the A330, if you guys have that plane in your hangar I'm sure you have the documentation so if you can include the tables and performance manual I would greatly (and many other simmers) appreciate that.

I've been trying to look for real airbus documentation but i've been told airlines are Area 51 secretive with them (no idea why).

4 hours ago, nealmac said:

Busy weekend, so I'm a bit late to the party, but those shots posted by Stefan and Mathijs are beyond amazing.

I'd also like to point out how very unprofessional Black Box Simulations have conducted themselves, making such claims, especially false ones. Not that I've ever had any dealings with them before, but comments like that will only deter me from buying any of their products.

BBS again..

Yes the plane was a big let down the panels are poor quality the the virtual cockpit almost gave me a stroke. I just recieved news that a new update has come out but i've given up on them AS is our hero for the 330. We will see when it hopefully comes out by the end of this year.

And this ends the BBS discussion....... forever

1 hour ago, Citation X said:

Aerosoft

You should include the performance tables (takeoff, cruise, landing, etc) for the A330, if you guys have that plane in your hangar I'm sure you have the documentation so if you can include the tables and performance manual I would greatly (and many other simmers) appreciate that.

I've been trying to look for real airbus documentation but i've been told airlines are Area 51 secretive with them (no idea why).

AS will not include those tables for the simple reason that AS has no right to publish them. We can be even happy that AS may use the name Airbus by Airbus (by paying for the licence). There is another company that makes a very realistic rendition if the A320 but are so afraid to get into the crosshairs of Airbus that they avoid all logo's, the name Airbus and even forbid factory-company liveries.

The reason why airlines are so secretive about it is because they cost a lot of money. If you think a real Airbus is expensive then wait until you see what they charge for TOPAS data for example. ;)

1 hour ago, Citation X said:

And this ends the BBS discussion....... forever

Not for you to say but I think we can really close the book on BBS for now. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

AS will not include those tables for the simple reason that AS has no right to publish them. We can be even happy that AS may use the name Airbus by Airbus (by paying for the licence). There is another company that makes a very realistic rendition if the A320 but are so afraid to get into the crosshairs of Airbus that they avoid all logo's, the name Airbus and even forbid factory-company liveries.

The reason why airlines are so secretive about it is because they cost a lot of money. If you think a real Airbus is expensive then wait until you see what they charge for TOPAS data for example. ;)

So your saying if AS tries using the the real tables Airbus will sue them?

2 minutes ago, Citation X said:

So your saying if AS tries using the the real tables Airbus will sue them?

There is a difference between using and publishing. You asked Aerosoft to publish them...

How can AS get the permission to publish the tables in the manual. Do they need another license for that?

In regards with the take off performance, is there going to be a program to calculate the speed, trim, CG etc?