Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

OANS will not be included in the base product. To say it in the words of somebody else: the MSN we model does not have this feature. ;)

4 hours ago, francis16 said:

Dear developers,

i just want to ask if you guys are considering putting an EFB in the flightdeck?

thanks.

Yes we did, but I put it on hold until we get the base done.

2 hours ago, francis16 said:

Hi kingmusjo,

thanks for the insight! I do understand now. Instead of an EFB, if its possible to request an OANS (on-board airport navigation system) on the PFD. But i think its too late since aerosoft has already started on this aircraft. Probably in the future updates. 

Cheers

As I recall I never seen a A330 with OANS. Only A380 so far as I have seen with my own eyes. Including the Brake To Vacate feature. Just think of a Database like that has to be implemented into the Bus. Would cost plenty of space and (maybe) frames. I am no IT-Expert so I don't know. I only fix planes.

Besides, getting a database with all airport layouts in vector format is simply incredibly expensive (we are talking many tens of thousands of dollars every few months). And it would need to fit every possible scenery, from the default 2002 in FSX to 3rd party scenery that is not perfectly placed. Using AFCAD is an option but then you only have a very limited amount of information.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Besides, getting a database with all airport layouts in vector format is simply incredibly expensive (we are talking many tens of thousands of dollars every few months). And it would need to fit every possible scenery, from the default 2002 in FSX to 3rd party scenery that is not perfectly placed. Using AFCAD is an option but then you only have a very limited amount of information.

hi mathijs,

I understand know. No worries! I just have one request. Is it possible for you to give us a teaser for the wingflex? also, i really not sure if this has been asked already but can we see the wings from the cockpit? just like in the PMDG 737. 

Cheers

Just now, francis16 said:

Is it possible for you to give us a teaser for the wingflex?

Just take a look on the Stefan's pictures of the Friday 1 1/2 weeks ago ;) 

In addition, taxiing in an airport that you don't know using the chart displayed in the EFB in the real plane could be way cool, comfortable and easy. In our sims, using EFB for charts will be annoying, frames rate-killer and unsafe as we don't have the visual field as in the real plane. Obviously this is my personal opinion and may differs from others. Using my iPad app for charts plus the sim for flying (and screenshots/vids) is the best combination to me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I would already buy you (yes, this is bribing in progress) an nice bottle of wine if you implement an performance calculator in an EFB format accessable from the VC (So that I don't have to switch screens and stay in P3D at all times). Maybe with some checklists and some OPS procedures ...

I recently learned that on some a330s when traffic on tcas is within 2500 feet(height) of an aircraft the radio altimeter activates will this be included?

1 hour ago, EI137 said:

I recently learned that on some a330s when traffic on tcas is within 2500 feet(height) of an aircraft the radio altimeter activates will this be included?

No, this will not be included. It also has nothing to do with TCAS. If an aircraft is flying underneath you and both radio altimeter signals bounce back from it you may get an RA readout. This is most likely to happen in an holding. The LAM holding is known for this in Europe. And it can happen with any MSN. 

P1010216.JPG

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, this will not be included. It also has nothing to do with TCAS. If an aircraft is flying underneath you and both radio altimeter signals bounce back from it you may get an RA readout. This is most likely to happen in an holding. The LAM holding is known for this in Europe. And it can happen with any MSN. 

[...]

Thanks

Hi aerosoft !! Will you going to make like CRT screen with like standby instruments on this a330 ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Hugo Bicho said:

Will you going to make like CRT screen with like standby instruments on this a330 ?

The A330 we model is an EIS2 variant. Those have LCD displays and in our case an ISIS as standby instrument. Doing CRT's, EIS1, isn't just the display but also a lot of different onscreen indications and that is beyond the scope of this project. 

Just an option for the efb would it be worth having it as a 2d panel like the fmc so we could have it in a corner of our screen

While it may not be a Class 3 EFB (fully enclosed, considered "installed" hardware), a Class 2 EFB is certainly available on the A330. (permanently mounted)

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No decisions on the EFB have been taken. It has low priority.

I personally think this EFB could be a game changer for your A330, It's something completely new, which current available Airbus' on our sims don't have. 

This A330 won't have a detailed simulation, having an EFB may still help us to get a better immersion.

From a business and simulation viewpoint an EFB makes more sense as a stand alone product, best to work on a tablet. I see no benefit to integrate it in the VC unless you have an 55" or larger TV. It will also take away performance (FPS). 

As most RW EFB solutions on newer A320/330's use an iPad or Surface Pro it would be nice to have an EFB product that runs on those (Andriod included) and have the basic stuff onboard like: library, TOPAS, Charts/maps with aircraft symbol, WX and OFP.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As most RW EFB solutions on newer A320/330's use an iPad or Surface Pro it would be nice to have an EFB product that runs on those (Andriod included) and have the basic stuff onboard like: library, TOPAS, Charts/maps with aircraft symbol, WX and OFP.

We already have apps that do charts and an OFP in pdf form via dropbox is also being used. so only for performance it could make sense to create an app. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

From a business and simulation viewpoint an EFB makes more sense as a stand alone product, best to work on a tablet. I see no benefit to integrate it in the VC unless you have an 55" or larger TV. It will also take away performance (FPS).

I think I just get myself a new monitor for that :-)

687474703a2f2f7777772e65787472656d657465

The charts with aircraft symbol on them will not happen soon as we only get the bitmaps and many charts are not even north orientated. So it would mean every charts would need to be geo-orientated and checked every month again. 

1 hour ago, KL401 said:

I think I just get myself a new monitor for that :-)

687474703a2f2f7777772e65787472656d657465

Those were the days. Getting a suntan while simming.