Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Hi guys,

Ignore this if it is really stupid but... have the developers had access to the real aircraft? Just curious:D

8 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said:

Hi guys,

Ignore this if it is really stupid but... have the developers had access to the real aircraft? Just curious:D

As far as I know aerosoft have access to a rw A330 that they use.

I think it's more plausible they've had access to one.

Nitpicking, sure, but I don't think they continuously have access to an A330 like it's parked in Mathijs's backyard or something.

And with a bit of Sherlocking, I think you even have a high probability of finding out which one they had access to ;-)

1 hour ago, Trevor11350 said:

Hi guys,

Yes, we done photoshoots and sound recordings. Here is an image of such a photoshoot (a 320 in this case)

IMG_3847.jpg

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we done photoshoots and sound recordings. Here is an image of such a photoshoot (a 320 in this case)

[...]

Can't you use one of those 3D laser scanners?

23 minutes ago, Dudley said:

And add 50 Euros to each download?

There was a L-1011 in The Langoliers that was 1995, wonder if today The Langoliers 2 would have the A330.

L-1011 & A330 are both my ultimate favorite sad the TriStar is gone but the A330 I still have a chance if the airlines aren't stupid. The Langoliers man that was a good movie.

So back to this, i'm assuming some more progress was done on the main fuselage of the craft we expect to see some pics in the near future?

10 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Pls show us wingflex for friday update!

Have you missed the screenshots of last Friday?

11 hours ago, Dudley said:

In fact we considered that, but the technology simply does not work well enough for that.

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

Have you missed the screenshots of last Friday?

Hi tom,

i tried looking for last fridays screenshots

Will it be released any time soon because I can't wait for this product!

6 minutes ago, jack11 said:

No. Just read this forum and you will get a clear picture and AS will inform you about any updates in this forum. 

Time for a small update: The fuselage also needs an inner life (Who wants to look at screenshots with holes in the aircraft?) which you can witness in this case with the cockpit. The visual data from the virtual cockpit was transported to a very optimized variant for the external model incl. day and night lighting.

Even members of the virtual crew had their first date to test the seats!

PS: The sidewindows of course open too, when you activate them from within the hires pit

A330_CREW.png

1 hour ago, jack11 said:

8 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small update: The fuselage also needs an inner life (Who wants to look at screenshots with holes in the aircraft?) which you can witness in this case with the cockpit. The visual data from the virtual cockpit was transported to a very optimized variant for the external model incl. day and night lighting.

PS: The sidewindows of course open too, when you activate them from within the hires pit

[...]

Can you give the Captain grey hair, to make him look a little more like me, and experienced. Keep the co-pilot fresh-faced, and get rid of that one who keeps sneezing all over my glareshield, or fit some hay-fever filters.  Seriously,  it's looking great!

One more time, great congratulations to Aerosoft's crew. This A330 is absolutely beautiful ! But, I have a question : on the A320, the two NDs are synchronised. That's not very practical if you want to display the terrain in one and the weather in the second. So, in this A330, are the NDs synchronised like in the A320 ?

Also, can I expect make a flight with this beauty before Santa Claus cames see me ? :D

++

Lucky

21 minutes ago, Lucky1508 said:

Also, can I expect make a flight with this beauty before Santa Claus cames see me ? :D

++

Lucky

Hi Lucky,

as long as you mention no year: Yes, for sure!

For any more precise statement (on both of your questions) please check a few pages back in this topic or use the search function.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Can you give the Captain grey hair, to make him look a little more like me, and experienced. Keep the co-pilot fresh-faced, and get rid of that one who keeps sneezing all over my glareshield, or fit some hay-fever filters.  Seriously,  it's looking great!

I think that you can change the picture of the pilots and replace their faces with yours. Similarly to all other models.

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Nice! Will they also move a bit? I cannot remember, in which aircraft (maybe MJC Q400?) the pilots move somewhat, touch the overhead etc.

18 hours ago, adeCranley said:

And add 50 Euros to each download?

I operate a laser scanner as part of my work, and I can tell you, to scan the cockpit of an A330 even in very high detail would take no more than half an hour at the very most. So I don't understand why you think you'd need to add €50 onto the price of the finished product. Laser scanning is a million times quicker than using a tape measure, and it captures a lot more information. So it actually saves time. If anything it would make the product cheaper.

1 hour ago, Balogh Ádám said:

I think that you can change the picture of the pilots and replace their faces with yours. Similarly to all other models.

Nice! Will they also move a bit? I cannot remember, in which aircraft (maybe MJC Q400?) the pilots move somewhat, touch the overhead etc.

PMDG 777 they move

On 10/21/2016 at 2:40 PM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

[...]

Guys, please, do like PMDG, who allows you in MCDU remove these pilots from Exterior View.

3 hours ago, nealmac said:

I operate a laser scanner as part of my work, and I can tell you, to scan the cockpit of an A330 even in very high detail would take no more than half an hour at the very most. So I don't understand why you think you'd need to add €50 onto the price of the finished product. Laser scanning is a million times quicker than using a tape measure, and it captures a lot more information. So it actually saves time. If anything it would make the product cheaper.

How much did you pay for your scanner? I think good quality scanners are around 35000 Euros. Or maybe 1000 Euros to hire one and the services of a trained operator for a day (unless the designers are trained laser scanners too). I assume measuring the inside of a cockpit isn't something the designers need to do very often, well once for each type, and maybe they don't need the mega accuracy a laser scanner provides so maybe it's just simpler, and more cost effective, to use the old fashioned method. Any costs they incur must be passed on to the customer, mustn't they? This is just my opinion of course. 

How much did you pay for your scanner? I think good quality scanners are around 35000 Euros. Or maybe 1000 Euros to hire one and the services of a trained operator for a day (unless the designers are trained laser scanners too). I assume measuring the inside of a cockpit isn't something the designers need to do very often, well once for each type, and maybe they don't need the mega accuracy a laser scanner provides so maybe it's just simpler, and more cost effective, to use the old fashioned method. Any costs they incur must be passed on to the customer, mustn't they? This is just my opinion of course.

Yes you make a fair point.

To put things in context we have 2 scanners. One of them cost us €45000 if I remember correctly including all the paraphernalia (target spheres, tripod etc) and the registration software for joining each scan together. However we also have a smaller handheld scanner which cost about €5000 and that would be the one that would be ideal for a job like this as it can get all the hard to reach areas that the big one on a tripod can't reach. The big one is more suitable for large open areas where the level of detail isn't critical.

The beauty of a laser scan is that it can be converted into a low polygon mesh and imported into 3d Studio Max (or whatever modelling software Aerosoft use) and they will have pretty much everything modelled although it would need to be tweaked to suit.

Basically I would see a handheld scanner as a very worthwhile investment. Of course I could be wrong.

vor 52 Minuten, nealmac sagte:

Yes you make a fair point.

To put things in context we have 2 scanners. One of them cost us €45000 if I remember correctly including all the paraphernalia (target spheres, tripod etc) and the registration software for joining each scan together. However we also have a smaller handheld scanner which cost about €5000 and that would be the one that would be ideal for a job like this as it can get all the hard to reach areas that the big one on a tripod can't reach. The big one is more suitable for large open areas where the level of detail isn't critical.

The beauty of a laser scan is that it can be converted into a low polygon mesh and imported into 3d Studio Max (or whatever modelling software Aerosoft use) and they will have pretty much everything modelled although it would need to be tweaked to suit.

Basically I would see a handheld scanner as a very worthwhile investment. Of course I could be wrong.

nice insight - THX