Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 13 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I believe that in these immersive elements these two products are very closely matched. There might be a few differences but I think that with our semi intelligent co-pilot (and certainly connected flight deck) we take a big step towards realism. You simply do not fly the aircraft on your own and doing so is perhaps the biggest blasphemy on realism. It's only that we are so used to it that it is accepted. But in lights and sounds? I think we can match that. I love the little stuff we added like the sound of the cockpit coughing and leaving through checklists at the right time. Things like his tray table folding out when you get to cruise (normally bus drivers always fly with the table open).  There are so many thing included that are not 'systems' but things pilots encounter that make the sim real for me.

The best example for me are the St Elmo fire effects we included. I was the one who came up with the idea so I damn well knew they are in the sim, but they are rare and the first time I saw them I was totally excited. I still watch the corners of the windshield like a hawk when I fly close to thunderclouds! 

You are right Mathijs. I probably got used to the other sounds and somehow blended them out.

I love the provided checklists of your BUS and how you can choose between, let's call them, difficulty levels: printed checklists with you flipping the switches / automatic reading of checklist by co-pilot and still you flipping the switches / co-pilot reading and flipping some of the switches so you can concentrate on radios and flying. I also like the coughing and the flight attendand bringing me coffee (my wife does that most of the time when she hears the flight attendant asking for it :) ). It always makes me laugh... . Yes, I realy miss these things in the other BUS.

The other way around, I kind of love the startup sound made by that other BUS. It's those 60...90s from the cold and dark with that: click.....click, ding-ding-ding-ding, buttons flashing, tick-tick-tick where you say WHOWWW the BUS systems are realy into a selftest mode. I'm not a programmer but I think such 60 startup seconds can be easely implemented with sounds and lights.

A little more difficult (I guess) will be the dimmable lights. I've read all the postings and know that you will be moddeling only 2 states of the cockpit and I can accept that (given the price tag) but yet again, during night flights, I always dim most of the cockpit lights (in that other BUS) and leave only backlights on, to have a better look outside on approach and even at cruise (we all know how bad the nightly illumination is in FSX).

In other words: if you could simply introduce some effects in looks and sound, I think they will be higly appreciated by the users.

PS: I never saw St Elmos fire on the windshield and can't wait till the afternoon to plan a flight near to stormy clouds. That excitement you fell when you saw them, even knowing they were included, that excitement was what I was trying to explain above ;).

4 hours ago, Citation X said:

There are 2 things I want for the rest of this year, the A330 and Battlefield 1

My words...

vor 8 Stunden , Citation X sagte:

There are 2 things I want for the rest of this year, the A330 and Battlefield 1

Well, then let's hope the A330 will be compatible with BF1! :D

20 hours ago, phlpeo said:

The A320 Family has a very stiff wing so wingflex is very minimal.

There is no wingflex in the Aerosoft Airbus. It just for the sake of perfomance and keeping it reasonable on price.

Just flown with a real A330 (SAS) and wondered about the extremely loud Flaps operating sound (Just like an loud electric motor)

Is that just on these two planes I've flown with or in every 330 (and maybe modelled in the Aerosoft 330 ? ;) )

I think this is the usual flap sound in an A330. But actually, that's not that uncommon in any airliner - the flaps in the A380, the 777 and the 737 (for example) have a very distinctive (and fairly loud) sound, too.

According to everything that has been posted so far by the Aerosoft team and according to how the Aerosoft A320 family is designed, we will not hear flap sounds - because you don't hear them in the cockpit.

Indeed, if your seat is located on the wing root the flaps in the A330 can be very loud indeed. But we have confirmation just yesterday that in the model we simulate (a very recent one, we like our aircraft updated) the flaps (and gear) motors are simply not 'heard'. I put '' around that because there is a low level vibration that is felt under certain conditions and the wind noise changes. We need to see how that can be implemented. 

Take note that sound insulation differs a lot between version of the same aircraft model. Compare a first generation A320 to the latest and the sound the pilots hear is totally different. The latest models really provide a very quiet cockpit if the door is closed. But that reminds me, I need to do a poll how we should do the sound....

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, if your seat is located on the wing root the flaps in the A330 can be very loud indeed. But we have confirmation just yesterday that in the model we simulate (a very recent one, we like our aircraft updated) the flaps (and gear) motors are simply not 'heard'. I put '' around that because there is a low level vibration that is felt under certain conditions and the wind noise changes. We need to see how that can be implemented. 

Take note that sound insulation differs a lot between version of the same aircraft model. Compare a first generation A320 to the latest and the sound the pilots hear is totally different. The latest models really provide a very quiet cockpit if the door is closed. But that reminds me, I need to do a poll how we should do the sound....

Simulating a flap sound and all the other cabin sounds would be great! I think there are a lot of people out there who would like to see this feature integrated in the A330 project. 
It is not as easy because you have to model a cabin to get the immersion. I'd recommend to model a "light" cabin like PMDG does in their aircraft. 
Luckily there is a new technology to simulate sounds cones internally. I suspect you surely ask Christoffer Petersen for creating the sounds. He did it in one of his recent projects. 
Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vfiFuHvJ3g

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Even though more people may prefer cabin sounds, I think this is unrealistic. For the wing view, yes cabin sounds are a great idea but when in the cockpit the sounds should be simulated as in real life. If you're actually in a plane and want cabin sounds then you have to go in the cabin, not the cockpit and I think this should be how the simulation is. 

11 hours ago, Wackenopfer said:

That is not really sim-relevant and very easy to look up

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=A330+maximum+fuel+and+passengers

I beg to differ. In my own opinion It is sim-relevant because as a die hard simmer you also want to simulate the real pax and fuel capacity of your aircraft so that you get a feel of the real weight of it whenever you're flying.

I just want to make sure if it is the same with as a330 because in the as a320 family, the fuel capacity is diff from the real one. 

On 10/17/2016 at 8:06 AM, Dudley said:

I presume it is to suit a 4K monitor. I have one 3980 x 2160 pixels, and larger are available..   It is the biggest problem with older addons, they just look a bit pixelated or smeared by the algorithm that stretches them to fit. Of course, developers of the first 32bit FS ( was it FS 2000? ) thought 32bits would never be exceeded and would be more than enough. Aerosoft just have to keep up with the times.

Absolutely not. It has nothing to do with monitor sizes. A texture res is simply the resolution at which the textures have been mapped for. The higher the texture resolution, the more detailed it is. So, a 4K tex res will feature far more minute details and refinements. 4K, 2K, 1K, and so on are a FSX/P3D thing thanks to their ancient API's. Today's modern games for example feature individual textures, what ever they might be (eg. clothing, a gun, a building surface etc), in ranges from something as small as 112x112 to 9K or higher.

To put it into perspective, here is a quick example I did. And yes, these are the actual sizes.

example.png

4 hours ago, francis16 said:

because in the as a320 family, the fuel capacity is diff from the real one. 

Come again? We modeled the standard A320Fam with regard to fuel capacity. Which counts for 95% of all the RW models. For those that want that extra tank version we incuded the option to "over" fill the tanks. 

vor 4 Stunden , DetCord sagte:

Absolutely not. It has nothing to do with monitor sizes. A texture res is simply the resolution at which the textures have been mapped for. The higher the texture resolution, the more detailed it is. So, a 4K tex res will feature far more minute details and refinements. 4K, 2K, 1K, and so on are a FSX/P3D thing thanks to their ancient API's. Today's modern games for example feature individual textures, what ever they might be (eg. clothing, a gun, a building surface etc), in ranges from something as small as 112x112 to 9K or higher.

To put it into perspective, here is a quick example I did. And yes, these are the actual sizes.

example.png

These are not the actual sizes, but the actual proportions showing the demand of pixel memory as relationship. And its not only the memory issue you have to decide on. Those pixels also must be projected onto the geometry before the real visual calculation with sunlight etc can be done and the whole stuff be projected to a displays afterwards. Those transport

from the 2d bitmap into the computers virtual 3dspace take also effort from the hardware. A graphics card can also handle only a FINITE amount of pixels per time intevall. This will not change going 64bit! Add then the demand for hires clouds, hires airports, hires landscape tiles etc... and you come fastly into devils kitchen...

We 3D Artists all like detail, but also think about the fact how often do you crawl half a meter above a tubeliner surface? For release screenshots that can impress people looking at it, but what is the price during the much longer playtime? So the art is to get the most out of the boundaries given by the soft- and hardware the stuff is running at.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Come again? We modeled the standard A320Fam with regard to fuel capacity. Which counts for 95% of all the RW models. For those that want that extra tank version we incuded the option to "over" fill the tanks. 

Hi 

Thanks for letting me know. I didnt have any clue that there is an option to "over" fill the tanks. Can you please teach me how to do it? Especially with the A321.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, francis16 said:

I just want to make sure if it is the same with as a330 because in the as a320 family, the fuel capacity is diff from the real one. 

No it is not. Perhaps it is different from a particular model you feel should be used as base (there are some significant differences between models), but I can assure you it matches the model we choose to simulate.

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No it is not. Perhaps it is different from a particular model you feel should be used as base (there are some significant differences between models), but I can assure you it matches the model we choose to simulate.

Hi @Mathijs Kok,

thanks for letting me know. As long as it is capable to fly 6500 km, ill be happy :)

21 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Can you please teach me how to do it? Especially with the A321.

A quick forum search brings you here:

10 hours ago, DetCord said:

example.png

Thanks, that puts it in perspective, 

vor 22 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Indeed, if your seat is located on the wing root the flaps in the A330 can be very loud indeed.

I was seated directly over the wing so this might be the answer. Thanks for the new info ;)

Not sure if anyone had asked this yet but.... Will the A330 have Connected Flight Deck? also if it does will we be able to use port forwarding on our routers instead of VPN clients?

3 minutes ago, Duncey said:

Not sure if anyone had asked this yet but.... Will the A330 have Connected Flight Deck?

It's been asked no less than a dozen times. Search is your friend.