Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Is it decided which liveries you will have for this beauty? I really want to see the SAS livery..

54 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said:

Hi, I'm new to the forums so bare with me, Aerosoft, would you consider making the A330-200? If so, would it be sold in the same box or as PMDG did with the their 777-300. However, I would much prefer them to be sold desperately and not how PMDG did.

You can easily find your answer using the Search function on the top right ;)

24 minutes ago, Flightplayer said:

You can easily find your answer using the Search function on the top right ;)

15 minutes ago, Rihards said:

Or just go to first page of this post.

Having read pretty much every post in this thread so far, I know that nothing has been decided beyond the A330-300 RR variant, but should Mathijs or anyone else from Aerosoft read this, I would like to voice my support for the (RAF) MRTT version.

Hopefully Aerosoft will develop the -200 too, and from a complete layman's perspective, the MRTT shouldn't be too much of a difference...yes there are a few small additional parts to model but not a completely new aircraft. It would also be great if the refueling drogues could be controlled through one of the FMC's, like the chocks etc on the A320 series however, I wouldn't expect this to actually pass fuel :)

On 10/13/2016 at 10:44 PM, TedHead69 said:

Hey guys, I'm new to this theme. do you know if there is a planed release for the A330 addon ? 

22 hours ago, Trevor11350 said:

Hi, I'm new to the forums so bare with me, Aerosoft, would you consider making the A330-200? If so, would it be sold in the same box or as PMDG did with the their 777-300. However, I would much prefer them to be sold desperately and not how PMDG did.

Hearty Welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PvBo75PDo

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I doubt we'll do the MRTT version, sorry. Just too limited of a market.

That's a shame - I do understand the market is probably too limited for it though :)

I'm really looking forward to the A330 being released, it looks great!

On 10/14/2016 at 8:42 PM, dharynsimmer said:

Very nice, would be cool if we could have wiring visible on the landing gears. And also if we could have 4k texture and if possible matte finish on the fuselage though i doubt whether fsx/p3d have that technology . Hope am not too demanding  :D

What is 4K texture? 2K*2K=4M texture, which is OK. 4K*4K=16M=OOM, I personally do not want that. I prefer flights from gate to gate, not OOM on the STAR. I wonder why some developers jumped from 1M to 16M directly, skipping 4M, which is the most satisfying: it looks good and fits into the memory.

19 hours ago, Balogh Ádám said:

What is 4K texture? 2K*2K=4M texture, which is OK. 4K*4K=16M=OOM, I personally do not want that. I prefer flights from gate to gate, not OOM on the STAR. I wonder why some developers jumped from 1M to 16M directly, skipping 4M, which is the most satisfying: it looks good and fits into the memory.

I presume it is to suit a 4K monitor. I have one 3980 x 2160 pixels, and larger are available..   It is the biggest problem with older addons, they just look a bit pixelated or smeared by the algorithm that stretches them to fit. Of course, developers of the first 32bit FS ( was it FS 2000? ) thought 32bits would never be exceeded and would be more than enough. Aerosoft just have to keep up with the times.

10 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I presume it is to suit a 4K monitor.

You don't understand the problem here: the simulator you are using is not able to address that amount of memory that would be needed to support such 4K monitors with 4k textures without running ALL THE TIME into OOMs (out of memory errors).

10 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Aerosoft just have to keep up with the times.

No, you have to understand the technical limitations of the simulator you are using. Sorry for saying it that clearly, but that's simply the truth.

The technical limitation of 4GB of addressable memory is caused by the 32bit nature of the simulator (FSX or P3D). As long as you don't use a 64bit version of them (which is at this time not available) there is nothing you can do about it.

Aerosoft is wise not to follow such "demands" of customers as only one second after the release these very customers will complain about OOMs and why Aerosoft didn't do anything about it.

Here you will find some more details about the memory limitations of FSX/P3D:

22 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I presume it is to suit a 4K monitor. I have one 3980 x 2160 pixels, and larger are available..   It is the biggest problem with older addons, they just look a bit pixelated or smeared by the algorithm that stretches them to fit. Of course, developers of the first 32bit FS ( was it FS 2000? ) thought 32bits would never be exceeded and would be more than enough. Aerosoft just have to keep up with the times.

As soon as the sim get's updated to 64 bits we'll sure do so! Until that time our point of view is that no add-on should use more memory than strictly needed so other add-ons can co-exist. I know not all developers agree and feel their clouds, airport or aircraft is the most important and should be allowed to take a lot of memory but they normally only sell that product and not every kind of add-on like we do.

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As soon as the sim get's updated to 64 bits we'll sure do so! Until that time our point of view is that no add-on should use more memory than strictly needed so other add-ons can co-exist. I know not all developers agree and feel their clouds, airport or aircraft is the most important and should be allowed to take a lot of memory but they normally only sell that product and not every kind of add-on like we do.

It's a bit like doing ballroom dancing in  the bathroom then :-)

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Now that is a fine description of doing complex add-ons for a 32 bit program! 

Just now, Dudley said:

It actually is ballroom dancing in a ballroom. You just have to make sure not to put more people in it than it was build for ;) 

Hey Aerosoft,

Would you consider adding wing flex to your A318 through A321 series. If you would, that would be great and I would like to give a suggestion, the wing bounces on the ground - not flexing.

2 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said:

Hey Aerosoft,

Would you consider adding wing flex to your A318 through A321 series. If you would, that would be great and I would like to give a suggestion, the wing bounces on the ground - not flexing.

The A320 Family has a very stiff wing so wingflex is very minimal.

6 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

The A320 Family has a very stiff wing so wingflex is very minimal.

... as have been explained a quadrillion times - both here and elsewhere.

Hello guys and thumbs up Aerosoft!

IMO the development comes with a price. If you have to make lot's of recoding to be able to offer P3D (or other sims) integration, then it makes sense to charge for it (we all work for money). If the same bits can be used in all sim's, then I will welcome it if it comes free of charge. Your honest and open approach to the users is much appreciated and leads to trusting you as a fair developer. THANK YOU.

To the topic... Some months ago there was a new release of a BUS (a much more expensier BUS ;) ). I understand that you implement standard procedures only, not simulating failures ans so on. I for myself own also the expensive BUS and some PMDG's, but never went into trying to simulate failures. I love flying from A to B and take the challenges of flying online.

But there is something that I like about that "other" BUS: it's the feeling you get when the plane is coming to life. The sounds, the fans spooling up, the blinking of some lights, it makes you think it's real. I was newer in a BUS cockpit to tell if it realy behaves like that, but it feels like it and creates a much more immersive touch.

So, is it by any chanche that you will try to encode something simmilar to the new BUS an maybe implement it in the former A32x series?

Best regards from Bodensee.

I believe that in these immersive elements these two products are very closely matched. There might be a few differences but I think that with our semi intelligent co-pilot (and certainly connected flight deck) we take a big step towards realism. You simply do not fly the aircraft on your own and doing so is perhaps the biggest blasphemy on realism. It's only that we are so used to it that it is accepted. But in lights and sounds? I think we can match that. I love the little stuff we added like the sound of the cockpit coughing and leaving through checklists at the right time. Things like his tray table folding out when you get to cruise (normally bus drivers always fly with the table open).  There are so many thing included that are not 'systems' but things pilots encounter that make the sim real for me.

The best example for me are the St Elmo fire effects we included. I was the one who came up with the idea so I damn well knew they are in the sim, but they are rare and the first time I saw them I was totally excited. I still watch the corners of the windshield like a hawk when I fly close to thunderclouds! 

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The best example for me are the St Elmo fire effects we included. I was the one who came up with the idea so I damn well knew they are in the sim, but they are rare and the first time I saw them I was totally excited. I still watch the corners of the windshield like a hawk when I fly close to thunderclouds! 

I've not seen that yet, I will have to turn up the bad weather to get some ionised clouds.