Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

21 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Hi Antoine!

1. The reason the A319 vertical stabilizer stuff not fits the A318 is: THEY DONT HAVE THE SAME VERTICAL STABILIZER! It is not that obvious when you go fast over this detail, but Airbus had to redesign the vertical tail because of stability reasons with the shorter fuselage. So you have to do special paints for A318s compared to the rest of the series

in any case.

2. The rudder compared to the vertical stabilizer needs an offset, as the stabilizer covers the front area of the rudder. On a texture page it isnt possible to overlap that in any way as it only got two dimensions. So stabilizer and rudder are moved away some pixels to compensate that.

To make it repainters as easy as possible, the rudder is moved exactly 52 pixels rightward. That means if you have a tail logo, you have to make a copy and move that 52 pixels to the right and slice away the stuff that leaves the rudder area, so it cannot interfere with other components nearby.

Hello Stefan

I didn't mean that I was trying to make A319 rudder fit into A318 or anything like that. I meant that I was trying to make the rudder and stabilizer stuff match, both in A319 and A318.

Thanks so much for that information! I really wanted to know exactly how much was the offset between the two elements of the tail, specially from someone from aerosoft staff, not just random painters on the web. Isn't there any vertical offset? And, is it a different offset between a318-a319-a320-a321, or is it the same for the 4 planes?

And one last question: Let's say I'm making some textures for a high performance PC that can handle an entire plane with 4096 texture sets. The offset will obviously be twice as much as in 2048 default textures for the A318-A319, and four times as much as the A320/21? Or will it change somehow? I think the obvious answer is it to be 2 and 4 times as much, but just to be sure :D

Thanks so much for your time Stefan, and looking forward to the great A330!

6 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small update: Pylons for the Trent700 are now also fabricated, after a short sidestep to N1 Fan stages its time for the long tubular section!

Ohh, I love this engine. And of course the whole A330, too. So I also love your work. Thanks

55 minutes ago, AntoineLapadite said:

The offset will obviously be twice as much as in 2048 default textures for the A318-A319, and four times as much as the A320/21? Or will it change somehow? I think the obvious answer is it to be 2 and 4 times as much, but just to be sure :D

Correct, as you double the lengh of each side when increasing the size from 1024 to 2048 and from 2048 to 4096, you also just need to double the width between the paint.

Vor 1 Stunde, AntoineLapadite sagte:

Hello Stefan

I didn't mean that I was trying to make A319 rudder fit into A318 or anything like that. I meant that I was trying to make the rudder and stabilizer stuff match, both in A319 and A318.

Thanks so much for that information! I really wanted to know exactly how much was the offset between the two elements of the tail, specially from someone from aerosoft staff, not just random painters on the web. Isn't there any vertical offset? And, is it a different offset between a318-a319-a320-a321, or is it the same for the 4 planes?

And one last question: Let's say I'm making some textures for a high performance PC that can handle an entire plane with 4096 texture sets. The offset will obviously be twice as much as in 2048 default textures for the A318-A319, and four times as much as the A320/21? Or will it change somehow? I think the obvious answer is it to be 2 and 4 times as much, but just to be sure :D

Thanks so much for your time Stefan, and looking forward to the great A330!

Last info that now (we dont want to "pollute" the A330 forum with foreign topics too much):

All offsets are ONLY horizontal of course.

A319: 83 pixels

A318: 103 pixels

Have fun with painting!

11 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Last info that now (we dont want to "pollute" the A330 forum with foreign topics too much):

All offsets are ONLY horizontal of course.

A319: 83 pixels

A318: 103 pixels

Have fun with painting!

Thanks mate! sorry about that :D

Wow it's so detailed! I'm getting more excited each week with the updates! Can December come any quicker?

I so hope there is a church near Aerosoft HQ with a runway because this gal's going home to my pc. Great pics. Looking forward to the first flight. :wub::lol:

52 minutes ago, olschelsea8 said:

I so hope there is a church near Aerosoft HQ with a runway because this gal's going home to my pc. Great pics. Looking forward to the first flight. :wub::lol:

I now pronounce you man and plane, you may now fly away :)

16 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small update: Pylons for the Trent700 are now also fabricated, after a short sidestep to N1 Fan stages its time for the long tubular section

Looking good :)

14 hours ago, Citation X said:

I now pronounce you man and plane, you may now fly away :)

Or

I now pronounce you pilot and plane, you may now board the bride.

Hey guys,

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm pretty excited for this product, so I want to get a headstart on repaintingt. Now obviously the repaint kit for the 33X isn't available yet, but I want to start on the 320 kit so I have some idea what I am doing.

I looked for some good tutorials on youtube and through the search here on the AS forums. But I didn't really find anything useful (there was one post with alot of pages and I went through a few and most people were posting requests there as opposed to learning how to repaint) -- So I guess I want to start self-learning.

I know I need Photoshop, which I already have.

And I've seen people talking about using DXT as a converter (I'm assuming as a last step to convert to a readable format) -- Do I understand this correctly?

I am also assuming, this is the DXT converter I need http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm -- Can someone confirm this?

Rest of the steps from the posts I read is just basically trial and error?

Also, does anyone know if I can use one of Holgi's liveries for the A320 as a template and play around with it? If so, do I just copy the folders and use the files? (For my own personal use only ofcourse)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

How would it be when you would make a list with the works you have finished and which you have to do, like:

Works on the "Aerosoft Airbus A330":               

Modelling

Programming

Painting

?

We have such lists for internal use. I see no benefit to make that public because it does not say anything about the state of the entire project. Also a lot of work happens at the same time by different groups. It may seem that Stefan is the only one who is working on the A330 at the moment but that is not the case. 

Just come back for the weekly friday updates and you will be "in the loop" with regard to what happens. 

4 hours ago, CruiseHD | Mischa said:

Works on the "Aerosoft Airbus A330":               

Modelling

Programming

Painting

Well, I don't see much value in Aerosoft sharing the code progress with us. Do you know what it would look like?

#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
    char s1[100], s2[100], i;
    printf("Enter string s1: ");
    scanf("%s",s1);
    for(i=0; s1[i]!='\0'; ++i)
    {
        s2[i]=s1[i];
    }
    s2[i]='\0';
    printf("String s2: %s",s2);
    return 0;
}

And no one is going to go :boingy_s:

Don't look for mistakes (there are plenty) but here are some shots of the thousands of test flights that are needed. You see the bus is in the air at this moment.

12.jpg

11.jpg

3 hours ago, phlpeo said:

Functional shades that is a step up from the a320

And not as complex as Constant Mach Cruise Segments.....