Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

7 hours ago, TroopaKoopa_ said:

Every Friday preview makes me slowly convince myself to fly 13hrs to Germany and pull off a heist at Aerosoft HQ.

Heat 2016

Starring TroopaKoopa

1 hour ago, generale84 said:

Forget NEO version, AS will be release classic version

Yes and I'm glad, why would AS make a aircraft that dosen't even exist yet + the A330ceo is much better looking after examining A330neo pictures

2 hours ago, generale84 said:

Forget NEO version, AS will be release classic version

What ever. It's a ****ing A330! In any version he still a ****ing beautiful A330!

8 hours ago, Citation X said:

Yes and I'm glad, why would AS make a aircraft that dosen't even exist yet + the A330ceo is much better looking after examining A330neo pictures

Sure. I think that is more difficult to find docs about a existing aircraft (and Airbus usually is very reserved about it); think to find docs of a project I think is really impossible

9 hours ago, generale84 said:

Sure. I think that is more difficult to find docs about a existing aircraft (and Airbus usually is very reserved about it); think to find docs of a project I think is really impossible

Ive always wondered why Airbus was so secretive about their documentation. Starting to wonder if the 330 is even human made XD

Either that or their aircraft is so BA they don't want anyone copying it?

There is nothing special about the A330. Airbus is just very restrictive with the manuals. As an airline pilot you either have them in paperform or on some sort of company computer device. Simple PDF's are very hard to find and get. 

My company for example has an whole department which sole purpose it is to find company material that is illegally offered or posted via internet. I guess other airlines do the same. 

51 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There is nothing special about the A330. Airbus is just very restrictive with the manuals. As an airline pilot you either have them in paperform or on some sort of company computer device. Simple PDF's are very hard to find and get. 

My company for example has an whole department which sole purpose it is to find company material that is illegally offered or posted via internet. I guess other airlines do the same. 

O_O

My company does as well! We registered more than 10k attacks a day. got recently informations on that and a repetitive training on data security. But Training-Documentation is in pdf for private use (not our property obviously)

5 hours ago, Wackenopfer said:

My company does as well! We registered more than 10k attacks a day. got recently informations on that and a repetitive training on data security. But Training-Documentation is in pdf for private use (not our property obviously)

I like your quote how every pilot needs a hero and that is a mechanic!

27 minutes ago, Citation X said:

I like your quote how every pilot needs a hero and that is a mechanic!

Being a licensed A & P Mechanic in a US Airline, I have been called that several times.  Of course, the pilots were stuck with a broken airplane in a far out of the way airport.

54 minutes ago, charlie88 said:

Can we expect it for Christmas?

You can expect it whenever you want.. :)

6 hours ago, ckara said:

You can expect it whenever you want.. :)

You can expect it when AS releases it. Seeing is believing....

Time for a small update: Pylons for the Trent700 are now also fabricated, after a short sidestep to N1 Fan stages its time for the long tubular section!

PYLONS_001.png

PYLONS_002.png

PYLONS_003.png

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small update: Pylons for the Trent700 are now also fabricated, after a short sidestep to N1 Fan stages its time for the long tubular section!

Fantastic work stefan... Can't wait for this beauty to soar in our virtual skies... 

Just one thing gotta ask though,what's gonna be the standard texure detail2048 or 4096 or lower? 

I'm not regular in this forum, pardon me, if this question was already asked .

Cheers. 

It ranges between 2048 and in one case 4096. The final detail is in the end dictated by the performance the sim engines and the hardware platforms can deliver. To find the optimum between a smooth running addon and detail is the task to fulfill.

In case of larger aircraft, the A330 has a length over 60 meters, its also a different game compared to a smaller aircraft. You must only calculate the total surface the aircraft has in square meters: "Unfold" a C172 and you get a tiny fraction of what a large airliner takes. The total outer surface of the C172 would be placeable for sure several times

already to the wings of the A330.

So sizes like 2048 or 4096 tells you in the end almost nothing. You could also post unsharp photos into a 4096er texture...with doubtful outcome. What in the end counts for detail is the pixel vs realworld area ratio. If we got a pixel for 10 sq-cm or 1 sq-cm is for example a giant difference; the information ratio in this case would be 1:100.

Hello, is the rudder and vertical stabilizer texture set already planned or done? I'm asking this cause in the A320 Aerosoft Family, specially in the A319 and A318 it is quite a task to make the rudder and vertical stabilizer liveries match. This is not a problem I have only experienced myself while painting, but many other repainters as well:

So, is there any chance for the A330 to have a different texture set for the tail and rudder? Thanks!

2016-8-15_8-57-3-516.BMP

Stefan,

I wish I sit beside you. I think I will never get tired watching you making these things. It looks so wonderful to us as an end result but can imagine amount of hours and some really tedious efforts behind all this.  You are a perfectionist !

Regards

Prayog

vor 33 Minuten, AntoineLapadite sagte:

Hello, is the rudder and vertical stabilizer texture set already planned or done? I'm asking this cause in the A320 Aerosoft Family, specially in the A319 and A318 it is quite a task to make the rudder and vertical stabilizer liveries match. This is not a problem I have only experienced myself while painting, but many other repainters as well:

So, is there any chance for the A330 to have a different texture set for the tail and rudder? Thanks!

2016-8-15_8-57-3-516.BMP

Hi Antoine!

1. The reason the A319 vertical stabilizer stuff not fits the A318 is: THEY DONT HAVE THE SAME VERTICAL STABILIZER! It is not that obvious when you go fast over this detail, but Airbus had to redesign the vertical tail because of stability reasons with the shorter fuselage. So you have to do special paints for A318s compared to the rest of the series

in any case.

2. The rudder compared to the vertical stabilizer needs an offset, as the stabilizer covers the front area of the rudder. On a texture page it isnt possible to overlap that in any way as it only got two dimensions. So stabilizer and rudder are moved away some pixels to compensate that.

To make it repainters as easy as possible, the rudder is moved exactly 52 pixels rightward. That means if you have a tail logo, you have to make a copy and move that 52 pixels to the right and slice away the stuff that leaves the rudder area, so it cannot interfere with other components nearby.