Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

18 hours ago, Dudley said:

I don't know if Aerosoft are looking at the throttle operation in the A330. I have a Saitek X52, with a huge great throttle lever. But even with this brute, in the A320 it takes a bit of doing to get about 23% N1 to be able to taxi fairly smoothly (if you overdo the braking the brakes can overheat, and it won't let you take off until they cool down). An easy way to set a taxi speed would be nice. Don't ask me how you would achieve this.  Maybe with a non-linear response from the throttle lever or a separate key-press, which I could map to a button on the controller.   The rest of the operations like selecting Man-Flex  and CLB and TOGA are pretty easy and work well.

Check for the FSUIPC ground friction fix.

On 9/16/2016 at 7:37 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Painting a 3D model from scratch means from the single rivet (thousands), welding lines (thousands) to the livery special color (which is in the end the simpliest part). Capturing the place and size of surface features means to go square meter for square meter to recognize, capture and project the data onto the 3d model.

Yep. You guys, and by you guys I mean you Stefan, hand-jam everything on the textures with regards to the reference points. Which is the way it should be done, IMHO. Unlike another developer that plasters their model with awful photo-textures. I mean sure, you can read everything written on the exterior due to its 4K tex res, but it looks friggin' terrible.

On 9/16/2016 at 10:21 AM, bolt3r said:

I know this comment may be a little late but Furthermore I find the staff/developers at Black Box Simulations, to be rather arrogant and rude. I have had a few run in's with them with support on joystick throttle issues and they were very un-supportive i had to demand for a refund fortunately they cooperated. Now about this Matter and BBS A330 VS Aerosoft Airbus Family, Personally I find that the A320 has a Pretty accurate FBW system and the BBS FBW system is left to be desired. I think BBS is Butt hurt and jealous that you guys at Aerosoft are making a A330 series that is way better looking and more functional than there shotty A330 but the only thing BBS holds is that they make the first payware A330/340 for P3d/FSX.

Finally I cant wait to fly the AS A330 and fly the BER 7008 flight from EDDL(DUS) to KRSW(RSW) Keep Up the great work and have a great day and weekend. 

No idea why you got down-voted. My experience with them was exactly the same.

3 hours ago, TomSmith said:

when will this add on be in the shops for purchase ? release date this year ?

Please read a few pages back or use the forum search in the top right corner of this page ("This Topic", "release") to find the answer to your question.

3 hours ago, DetCord said:

Yep. You guys, and by you guys I mean you Stefan, hand-jam everything on the textures with regards to the reference points. Which is the way it should be done, IMHO. Unlike another developer that plasters their model with awful photo-textures. I mean sure, you can read everything written on the exterior due to its 4K tex res, but it looks friggin' terrible.

No idea why you got down-voted. My experience with them was exactly the same.

Maybe he got voted down, because this isn't really the place to 'trash' another developer?

8 hours ago, KingMusjo said:

Maybe he got voted down, because this isn't really the place to 'trash' another developer?

It isn't, this is a A330 preview thread not a bashing one...

10 minutes ago, Citation X said:

It isn't, this is a A330 preview thread not a bashing one...

It is in deed. And this ends this thread of discussion.

I guess we will find out when more info is released, to be honest it really doesn't matter as long as it works. Though I do hope once the model is done and has been beta painted we can see.

A feature that would revolutionary for FSX would be for a new paint called dynamic paint. When you first start the hypothetical A330 the paint is clean however over time such as a month or 2 months the paint goes "dirty". This would take NASA-level coding so probably AS wouldn't do it initially but once they have time after the release they may want to look into it.

AS as far as I know does not do cabins if they didn't do it for the A320 series i'm sure they won't for the 330. Although it would be very nice again it would take time + it would impact performance on FSX. I am going to agree that I am disappointed that they don't model emergency situations in the Airbus series but we just have to accept the product for what it is.

AS makes the sexiest A320 cockpits so I guess it makes up for it

On 19/09/2016 at 9:02 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Check for the FSUIPC ground friction fix.

Thanks, I will.

23 hours ago, julien_Blue said:

Yeeees!!!! Exactly like this! :funkychick_s:

That image shows the VC with the viewpoint moved outside the VC. If you want that option to work I have to disappoint you as it would add at least 200Mb to the VAS load from something no sane person  would consider important.

Our Bus looks great in the new cinematography mode of P3D V3.4, but only when you use VC mode in VC mode and external view in external view.

1 hour ago, julien_Blue said:

Then it will be possible to see the wings when you look outa the cockpit windows :D

Btw Prepar3D v3.4 came out today with something like ezDok integrated :boingy_s:

If it makes sense to see the wings we'll include it. But in the A320 series it is impossible to see them with the belts fastened as you need to lean over the glareshield and put your face very close to the windows to see the wings. I know some people feel the wings should be there, but we felt that realism and the need to be careful with VAS and FPS take priority over the fact that the sim allows you to put the viewpoint anywhere.

I seen some fine images of our VC from a viewpoint that can only be described as 'ass view' as the viewpoint is put on the seat of the pilot to give a great dramatic view of the instruments. Now if that works that is great (*as said very dramatic images) but we do not design the aircraft to enable that. We design the aircraft so the viewpoint is as pilots are instructed to use it. So the two balls should align. That way everything you see is as the pilot sees it.  

balls.png

That this image shows things that no normal pilot will ever see is cool but as a project manager I frown upon it because costs money, fps and VAS. If we do this for every possible view angle in the VC it would hurt.

night.png

This project has really gotten me into Airbus now. I am deeply fascinated by the systems and more fascinated the 330 will be coming to FSX. Hopefuly the 330 will be more fps friendly than the 320 through the low polygon VC.

I just hope that by the time I'm as old as Mathjis I'll get a chance to pilot a 330 for real.

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

That image shows the VC with the viewpoint moved outside the VC. If you want that option to work I have to disappoint you as it would add at least 200Mb to the VAS load from something no sane person  would consider important.

Our Bus looks great in the new cinematography mode of P3D V3.4, but only when you use VC mode in VC mode and external view in external view.

Then what is your solution to the problem when simmers also want to enjoy the beautiful wing view of the A330 but the noisy exterior sound kills it? I already talked to one of your colleagues about that problem in the Aerosoft A320 for proposing a third sound file (a cabin sound) OR copying the VC sound for the wing view option.

10 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Then what is your solution to the problem when simmers also want to enjoy the beautiful wing view of the A330 but the noisy exterior sound kills it? I already talked to one of your colleagues about that problem in the Aerosoft A320 for proposing a third sound file (a cabin sound) OR copying the VC sound for the wing view option.

Mute the sound and play some youtube A320 video... sorry, but there is just no solution for each and every customerdemand.

If this means you will not be able to enjoy our Airbus I am sorry, but then this product is not for you.

In any case, the true sound of a wing view is going to sound different from what you hear in the cockpit, so modelling the wings in the VC (like the way PMDG did for the NGX) is still not accurate.

Well in theory they can develop a 2nd engine sound package but run it as custom sounds outside FSX (similar to what PMDG did with their T7, but again I never really fly from the wing + it would cost performance & slow down the hard drive.

Very sure pilot's don't fly the plane from the wing 8)

Keep in mind that is also the difference between a $30 add-on (one buy for all sims, unlimited installs on all your systems) and a $90 add-on that has limitations on how you can use it. You would expect the more expensive one to have features the cheaper one does not have. Correct sound for when you stick your head out of the window at cruise is most certainly one of them, lol.

Never noticed, that the PMDG plane(s) have internal sound in wing views?! (maybe my memory fails me?)

Was suprised that FSLabs A320X has this feature - quite nice.

But then again. It's a nice-to-have - not a need-to-have!

56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You would expect the more expensive one to have features the cheaper one does not have. Correct sound for when you stick your head out of the window at cruise is most certainly one of them, lol.

A really cool feature that those more expensive add-ons need, e.g. when you stick your head out of the window to look for the missing secondary flight plan... :D

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

a $90 add-on that has limitations on how you can use it.

We of course have no idea what you are refering too :lol:

13 hours ago, TheBusFlyer said:

Please note that I did not intend that as a derogatory comment, if a company wants to capitalize on it's hard work that way and is open and honest about it, it is a totally respectable choice. It is just one that we do not make. But for somebody like me who uses FSX and P3D it means an already expensive add-on would double in price. 

14 hours ago, TheBusFlyer said:

With PMDG, you get everything (sounds, failures, extended views, etc) for an everything price.  With Aerosoft, you get all the features you need for an affordable price.