Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

12 minutes ago, Griffin78 said:

AFAIK, painting of a jet of the A330's size will take about 1-2 weeks, followed by cabin furnishing ->engine installation ->ground tests  -> rto  -> test flights and finally a customer acceptance flight (although I think Airbus calls them something else).

However as we could see from the pictures that was posted last week, the engines seems to have been installed already and there is no need for cabin furnishing since this is an Aerosoft bird.

So shall we say early October? ;)

Don't forget that in real life, this takes only a couple of hours while the sim version needs a full beta testing...

E.g. PMDG 747 v3 is in beta since July......

13 hours ago, data63 said:

ridiculous that they are not able to give a date for that too :focus_s:

And when they tried, they have always failed miserably! Remember 1999-12? Remember 2012-12? If they cannot fulfill it, then don't announce it!

FS Central only quoted the post made by Stefan Hoffmann last Friday on page 62, @Dudley. Which shows that if you want the freshest information from the Aerosoft team regarding the state of the A330 project, you simply have to check this forum topic on a regular basis. All those flightsim news portals usually only extract their news regarding Aerosoft from this very forum.

See here:

Painting a 3D model from scratch means from the single rivet (thousands), welding lines (thousands) to the livery special color (which is in the end the simpliest part). Capturing the place and size of surface features means to go square meter for square meter to recognize, capture and project the data onto the 3d model.

9 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Painting a 3D model from scratch means from the single rivet (thousands), welding lines (thousands) to the livery special color (which is in the end the simpliest part). Capturing the place and size of surface features means to go square meter for square meter to recognize, capture and project the data onto the 3d model.

Hadn't really thought about doing the initial paint for a model, it really must be complex, getting everything spot on.. we are in good hands then.  I shalln't count the rivets ( no doubt somebody will :-) ) 

I know this comment may be a little late but Furthermore I find the staff/developers at Black Box Simulations, to be rather arrogant and rude. I have had a few run in's with them with support on joystick throttle issues and they were very un-supportive i had to demand for a refund fortunately they cooperated. Now about this Matter and BBS A330 VS Aerosoft Airbus Family, Personally I find that the A320 has a Pretty accurate FBW system and the BBS FBW system is left to be desired. I think BBS is Butt hurt and jealous that you guys at Aerosoft are making a A330 series that is way better looking and more functional than there shotty A330 but the only thing BBS holds is that they make the first payware A330/340 for P3d/FSX.

Finally I cant wait to fly the AS A330 and fly the BER 7008 flight from EDDL(DUS) to KRSW(RSW) Keep Up the great work and have a great day and weekend. 

vor 1 hour , Citation X sagte:

It wouldn't make sense to paint every single rivet, nut, and bolt it would take years.

So you see how efficient we have to work!

Hello Aerosoft team,

is it possible to maintain the animation of the wing flex, spoilers, flaps and landing gear during the "instant repeat" of the FSX in the A330X? So that you dont have stiff wings during the instant repeat like in the PMDG 777 where there are stiff wings.

Regards,

Patrick

vor 27 Minuten, Patrick Helzer sagte:

Hello Aerosoft team,

is it possible to maintain the animation of the wing flex, spoilers, flaps and landing gear during the "instant repeat" of the FSX in the A330X? So that you dont have stiff wings during the instant repeat like in the PMDG 777 where there are stiff wings.

Regards,

Patrick

Install FSRecoder and you will most likely see wingflex during playback (even works perfectly with PMDG planes and their wingflex animations). I don't think the A330 will be an exception. Don't use the horrbile built-in instant-replay.

7 hours ago, bolt3r said:

the staff/developers at Black Box Simulations, to be rather arrogant and rude

they were very un-supportive

BBS FBW system is left to be desired

BBS is Butt hurt and jealous

there shotty A330

Sir,

Do you think this unnecessary and disrespectful rant about BBS will make you famous on these forums? Aerosoft has way higher standards than you have come to understand.

As a moral rule, don't do this an under-development product, especially when you got a refund.

And if it is still very difficult for you, please keep such content off this forum.

vor 4 Stunden , Fangtooth sagte:

Install FSRecoder and you will most likely see wingflex during playback (even works perfectly with PMDG planes and their wingflex animations). I don't think the A330 will be an exception. Don't use the horrbile built-in instant-replay.

Ah ok.

What about the wing views? It would be better to have the simulated wing and the virtual cockpit in one option like in the CLS A330/A340. So that in the "Virtual Cockpit" option you can just leave the cockpit, go back to the wing view and you still have the sound of the interior. Unlike in the Aerosoft A320 where the sound of the exterior blows you ears off your head when you switch from the virtual cockpit to the wing view option which is a annoying little problem.

vor 20 Minuten, Patrick Helzer sagte:

What about the wing views? It would be better to have the simulated wing and the virtual cockpit in one option like in the CLS A330/A340. So that in the "Virtual Cockpit" option you can just leave the cockpit, go back to the wing view and you still have the sound of the interior. Unlike in the Aerosoft A320 where the sound of the exterior blows you ears off your head when you switch from the virtual cockpit to the wing view option which is a annoying little problem.

Having a highly detailed cockpit and the whole cabin and wings in one model would have a huge impact on performance....

On 9/17/2016 at 0:15 AM, thumbliner said:

Sir,

Do you think this unnecessary and disrespectful rant about BBS will make you famous on these forums? Aerosoft has way higher standards than you have come to understand.

As a moral rule, don't do this an under-development product, especially when you got a refund.

And if it is still very difficult for you, please keep such content off this forum.

Indeed.

I don't know if Aerosoft are looking at the throttle operation in the A330. I have a Saitek X52, with a huge great throttle lever. But even with this brute, in the A320 it takes a bit of doing to get about 23% N1 to be able to taxi fairly smoothly (if you overdo the braking the brakes can overheat, and it won't let you take off until they cool down). An easy way to set a taxi speed would be nice. Don't ask me how you would achieve this.  Maybe with a non-linear response from the throttle lever or a separate key-press, which I could map to a button on the controller.   The rest of the operations like selecting Man-Flex  and CLB and TOGA are pretty easy and work well.

37 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I don't know if Aerosoft are looking at the throttle operation in the A330. I have a Saitek X52, with a huge great throttle lever. But even with this brute, in the A320 it takes a bit of doing to get about 23% N1 to be able to taxi fairly smoothly (if you overdo the braking the brakes can overheat, and it won't let you take off until they cool down). An easy way to set a taxi speed would be nice. Don't ask me how you would achieve this.  Maybe with a non-linear response from the throttle lever or a separate key-press, which I could map to a button on the controller.   The rest of the operations like selecting Man-Flex  and CLB and TOGA are pretty easy and work well.

It is my amateur understanding of the fs world that ground effect is not modelled right, and that means to tweak the accurate thrust simulation in the air, the ground rolling will not be perfectly modelled. There might be a way to get around this with so many people finding ways to circumvent the default Microsoft created systems recently but this is what I have picked up over the years. There are tweaks to the sim1.dll but that is only giving you a freer ground rolling, it might mess up the other areas I am not sure.

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:58 PM, Citation X said:

Learn something new everyday

Here's a crew rest container from Sabena's A330. :)

Sabena Archivalia part 2 010.jpg

28 minutes ago, buraksenkal81@hotmail.com said:

It just suddenly came to my mind, is the bird going to have the ''sidestick priority'' function because i thought it would be usefull for the shared cockpit flights.

Maybe. Not decided yet. 

2 hours ago, buraksenkal81@hotmail.com said:

It just suddenly came to my mind, is the bird going to have the ''sidestick priority'' function because i thought it would be usefull for the shared cockpit flights.

It's not possible to have both pilots control the control surfaces at the same time in shared cockpit networking, so only one will have control.

Hope this is helpful.

6 hours ago, Vesalius said:

Here's a crew rest container from Sabena's A330. :)

Sabena Archivalia part 2 010.jpg

And they say passengers are treated like cattle