Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Aerosoft are getting rather good at Airbuses, I think we can trust them to deliver with the A330. Which begs the question, what follows?  Three major candidates are on the runway, the A340, A350 and of course the A380.  My money is on the impressive A380. 

I know you are confused about the dislikes. That is the normal induction procedure for new forum members. :hi_s:

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/10/2016 at 6:54 PM, Tom A320 said:

 

Please don't start a livery discussion in here. There is a livery request topic available for the A330. 

Hi Tom , Can I get the livery request link for the A330? 

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure of what planes are coming up next from Aerosoft, but I'm pretty sure that they're going to have trouble with the rest of the line (A380 and A350), since their gauges are particularly complex. If there was a way to realistically emulate an ACARS or integrated EFB in the gauges though, I could see an A380 happening within the next 5 years. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Quite frankly, I don't understand why people are so frantic (and ecstatic) regarding an EFB integrated into the VC... Captain Sim already did this with the 777 and it was next to useless (at least in my opinion). Okay granted, it could only show jpg or image files preloaded into a directory, but it was to small, and the idea of constantly panning to view it, while trying to fly the plane, made it very difficult - if not impossible - to use effectively. If it could be made as a pop-up, then maybe it could be useful, but in that case, I would rather just use AivlaSoft EFB instead which is excellent, even though it lacks the performance data. 

 

I'm more interested in system depth and accuracy of the modeled systems, to be honest.

 

Just my IMO... :)

Share this post


Link to post

Some small questions.

Really looking forward to the new airbus.

All my hardware and software is only setup for your Airbus 320/321.

Not even considered FS Lab.

So I'm A dedicated aerosoft airbus simmer.

 

1. Will Aircondition work on ground with engines off- and apu bleed running- and be implemented to 320/321

 

2. Will it be possible to get a more realistic cockpit night look- changing light by steps- and if- be implented to 320/321

 

Chris from Denmark 

Share this post


Link to post
  1. Ground aircon is not planned but APU bleed does work
  2. I do not think so. We have discussed this in detail with pilots and they have all told is they hardly ever touch those controls, it's set by one crew and only when the aircraft goes in maintenance and set to max (for test) it's set back to a good level. Our pilots feel that the amount of night lighting is as it should be. Do not start searching for photo's showing it is wrong because we simulate what is seen, not photographed and there is a big difference between how our eyes perceive things and how a cheap camera interprets it.  It's one area where we do not believe doing things as the customers believe things should be (not the same as how things are) is the correct choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, copilot767 said:

All my hardware and software is only setup for your Airbus 320/321.

Not even considered FS Lab.

So I'm A dedicated aerosoft airbus simmer.

 

 

 

Chris from Denmark 

Me too,  I have seen a lot of videos of the FS Labs A320,  It's a lovely piece of work, undeniably.  But I do enjoy the 'extras' that we get with Aerosoft's Airbuses. Like the Checklists and Copilot.  And the flight attendant who reminds me it's time for  a coffee.  The aerosoft A320 models a good number of systems.  FS Labs level of completeness is more study level, suited to trainee commercial pilots perhaps. Aerosoft haven't forgotten most of us do this for fun. I am eagerly anticipating the A330, I hope we are going to get coffe on this one too!

Share this post


Link to post
Vor 1 Stunde, Dudley sagte:

I am eagerly anticipating the A330, I hope we are going to get coffe on this one too!

 

I demand a biscuit!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:
  1. Ground aircon is not planned but APU bleed does work
  2. I do not think so. We have discussed this in detail with pilots and they have all told is they hardly ever touch those controls, it's set by one crew and only when the aircraft goes in maintenance and set to max (for test) it's set back to a good level. Our pilots feel that the amount of night lighting is as it should be. Do not start searching for photo's showing it is wrong because we simulate what is seen, not photographed and there is a big difference between how our eyes perceive things and how a cheap camera interprets it.  It's one area where we do not believe doing things as the customers believe things should be (not the same as how things are) is the correct choice. 

Mathijs, putting every discussion to bed since forever. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot to hear...

What about a graphic passenger window view- ?

A330 is for long haul flights- think the pilot also have to visit the cabin- :)

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, copilot767 said:

think the pilot also have to visit the cabin-

No, never happens in RL, only vist the restrooms. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, KingMusjo said:

Quite frankly, I don't understand why people are so frantic (and ecstatic) regarding an EFB integrated into the VC... Captain Sim already did this with the 777 and it was next to useless (at least in my opinion). Okay granted, it could only show jpg or image files preloaded into a directory, but it was to small, and the idea of constantly panning to view it, while trying to fly the plane, made it very difficult - if not impossible - to use effectively. If it could be made as a pop-up, then maybe it could be useful, but in that case, I would rather just use AivlaSoft EFB instead which is excellent, even though it lacks the performance data. 

 

I'm more interested in system depth and accuracy of the modeled systems, to be honest.

 

Just my IMO... :)

 

VR? :)

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Farlis said:

 

I demand a biscuit!

 

I demand a big juicy rare steak!

4 hours ago, copilot767 said:

I forgot to hear...

What about a graphic passenger window view- ?

A330 is for long haul flights- think the pilot also have to visit the cabin- :)

 

I actually have been on some long range flights with delta not on their Airbus equipment but on some of their 747s I've seen the crew come into the upper deck to rest.

 

Share this post


Link to post
vor 1 hour , Citation X sagte:

 

I actually have been on some long range flights with delta not on their Airbus equipment but on some of their 747s I've seen the crew come into the upper deck to rest.

 

 

Yup, Swiss does that too on their A330s.

If a flight is so long that they need three pilots, Swiss reserves one seat in the first class for them to sleep.

 

But of course, sleeping in a flight sim wouldn't be that interesting. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

vor 1 hour , Citation X sagte:  

But of course, sleeping in a flight sim wouldn't be that interesting. [emoji6]

Maybe turn off your monitor?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

On long flights they either rest in the cabin or if available in a crew rest. 747 has several bunks in the aft above Door 5. 777/787 has some bunks above the cabin ceiling i think but never worked on them (unfortunatley). LH A330 has a Flight Crew Rest in the front behind the cockpit and mostly as a fast LRU (Line Replacable Unit) a MCR (Mobile Crew Rest) in the Aft Cargo accessible via Ladder/Stair at Door 3 (LH again). But as people said before: doesn't matter in the sim.

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Wackenopfer said:

On long flights they either rest in the cabin or if available in a crew rest. 747 has several bunks in the aft above Door 5. 777/787 has some bunks above the cabin ceiling i think but never worked on them (unfortunatley). LH A330 has a Flight Crew Rest in the front behind the cockpit and mostly as a fast LRU (Line Replacable Unit) a MCR (Mobile Crew Rest) in the Aft Cargo accessible via Ladder/Stair at Door 3 (LH again). But as people said before: doesn't matter in the sim.

Untitled.jpg

 

Learn something new everyday

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2016 at 10:04 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

The A330 uses 3 x 2048er textures for the tube from nose to tail. You can make em larger of course, but then the demand per channel texture raises with by factor 4 (for a section we got 3 channels at least), that is not only memory size (remember we work here only in 32bit) but also texel fill rate for the graphics card (the projection of the pixels transfered from the 2d pictures to the 3d mode for final rendering). There is only a limited amount possible and when you remember that this aircraft has to function nicely and mainly at large airports then you have to hit a certain SWEETSPOT where the optimum between rendering speed and detail is reached. You can easily overshoot here and get into problems....

Perfect.  I've found in my many years of painting these dang planes, 2048 across 3 maps is the best size for both quality and performance.  4096 is total overkill, and standing further than 10 meters back from the fuse you'll never see any additional detail 4096 may give you.

If the mapping is not set yet, may I suggest (request) that you map the fuse so the top center of the fuse runs along that map at exactly 1024?  This would make it much easier to flip/mirror the “other side” of the fuse when painting the majority of airlines who place their livery items exactly opposite of each other.

If not, at least identify where the exact center is on the fuse masters, as well as the edges (as they are not always where the default paint is applied, it always has a slight overlap for good reason).  A wireframe layer is also very helpful and will hopefully be included and lined up precisely on the master.

Anyway, I know I’m not suggesting anything you’ve probably already considered and implemented, but food for thought when you release this for us repainters to have a go at.

 

Regards,

Steve Dra

Share this post


Link to post

Dear all,

I begin to suspect that the A330 simulator is harder to create than the real aircraft itself!

Now seriously, as an FS fan since around 1986 and a project management professional who was responsible for many software development projects over 20 years (tailor made solutions as well as products, Waterfall and Scrum), I find hard to believe that the best release date estimation Aerosoft can give us (back in April) is "somewhere in 2016". If I ever dared to say something of this magnitude to a customer, my job would be lost in the very same minute, believe me. Make no mistake, I do like Aerosoft products (if you@Aerosoft have doubts about it just check my order list, it should contain around 36 of them by now) but, again, you definitely need to improve project management and / or communication. You see I am waiting for the A330 for too much time and in the last quarter I find me asking myself "If you want to fly long-haul why, in the name of god, you don't simply buy the PMDG 777 and end this saga once and for all?". Every day I find harder to find a good reason not do just that ...

 

One last short note: contracting some declarations I saw in a video on a exhibit a few weeks ago from an Aerosoft's stuff guy, people who wants to fly an A350/A380 really wants to fly long-haul, not to use an A350 to fly from Paris to London. For that you already have an excellent product: the A32x. Aerosoft products are complex simulation products, not games. A simulation aims at ... simulating the reality!

 

All the best for the whole team,

AA

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Antonio Abreu said:

Dear all,

I begin to suspect that the A330 simulator is harder to create than the real aircraft itself!

Now seriously, as an FS fan since around 1986 and a project management professional who was responsible for many software development projects over 20 years (tailor made solutions as well as products, Waterfall and Scrum), I find hard to believe that the best release date estimation Aerosoft can give us (back in April) is "somewhere in 2016". If I ever dared to say something of this magnitude to a customer, my job would be lost in the very same minute, believe me. Make no mistake, I do like Aerosoft products (if you@Aerosoft have doubts about it just check my order list, it should contain around 36 of them by now) but, again, you definitely need to improve project management and / or communication. You see I am waiting for the A330 for too much time and in the last quarter I find me asking myself "If you want to fly long-haul why, in the name of god, you don't simply buy the PMDG 777 and end this saga once and for all?". Every day I find harder to find a good reason not do just that ...

 

One last short note: contracting some declarations I saw in a video on a exhibit a few weeks ago from an Aerosoft's stuff guy, people who wants to fly an A350/A380 really wants to fly long-haul, not to use an A350 to fly from Paris to London. For that you already have an excellent product: the A32x. Aerosoft products are complex simulation products, not games. A simulation aims at ... simulating the reality!

 

All the best for the whole team,

AA

Then why not buy X-Plane and fly a A330 right now? The AS is really a different animal to other companies sims, it's not really a fair comparison.  I get a lot of enjoyment out of the 320 series because of the quality of life features AS goes after, and the 330 is going to be more of that.

 

 

Of course you could always buy both...

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...