Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

6 hours ago, Thismaycontainuts said:

I can't wait to fly TCX flights :) Also on the main page of the forum post it says that release should be in 2016, can you confirm that still stands @Mathijs Kok 

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you do a quick forum search for "release" (change to "This Topic") you will find all answers being already given about that. I think they all together will answer your question.

3 hours ago, thumbliner said:

Maybe it is time you come to terms with their decision and respect it. I can understand people joining the forum and immediately asking for an A340, or a study level add-on. But you have been around for a while. 119 posts on the forum. Please end the persistence. Aerosoft didn't become the largest add on developer for FS by fluke. Their strategy and model is great.

I agree, I have the pmdg ngx and 777 for several years now and have only once used the failure system.

3 hours ago, thumbliner said:

Maybe it is time you come to terms with their decision and respect it. I can understand people joining the forum and immediately asking for an A340, or a study level add-on. But you have been around for a while. 119 posts on the forum. Please end the persistence. Aerosoft didn't become the largest add on developer for FS by fluke. Their strategy and model is great.

We simply do not feel comfortable with prices that are normal (and fully acceptable) for PMDG and FSL. It's just not our market and we feel very comfortable staying the way we are. Our aim is to provide an aircraft that is as close as possible to 95% accurate for 99% of the flights for a sub 40 Euro price tag. Of course some people want to simulate things that have never been used in a real A320 and I can see understand their point of view.

It's just not our idea of flight simulation. We only want to simulate what the captain of an aircraft has to do (in 99% of his flights). Nothing more. nothing less. For us flight simulation is about simulating flight, not simulating multi million dollar flight simulators where pilots do encounter the things that have never happened on the real aircraft. That's why we focusses on things like multi crew options, flying an airliner on your own automatically is an emergency, right? We feel that adding that greatly enhances the realism and it does so for every flight, under every possible condition. 

It's just a different way of looking at our hobby. 

Well like Aerosoft said slow and steady is the best.

Like manufacturing real aircraft it must be done in baby steps. I would rather AS take their time to release the 330 with as little bugs and glitches rather than rush with a product that is missing stuff and with numerous bugs and glitches.

Again the 330 is already in a medium to advanced state in its development when the plane is ready for roll out they will release it. Till then Aerosoft will have to be like Airbus draw it, make it, test it, certify it, release it, market it. 

At first I was confused but now I understand why AS only simulates normal conditions. As said previously because aircraft nowadays are more efficient and advanced the chances of you having a failure are 0.1%. It's confusing at first but it makes sense once you understand it.

But regarding the release date good of things come to people who wait... We will have to wait for the 330 and I have faith in Aerosoft they won't let us down :)

I have to agree with Mathijs, I have the A320 and it's a really great well thought out product, and good value.  I managed to overheat my brakes taxiing to the runway the other day (boy racer), so there is a good degree of realism there.

I have looked at Youtube videos of the FSL product, and it is impressive. But does the cabin crew offer you coffee? Black, 2 sugars please.

I like the First Officer, and checklists all built in to the simulation. I have couple of other payware A330s, which don't have the same level of  immersion as my A320 from Aerosoft.  I am looking forward to a product in the same vein as the current A320, my money is ready.

How far did the progress go systemwise? I guess you were able to reuse some of the old stuff that you coded for the A32X series?

I cant wait to see first screenshots of this aircraft in action. A330 always was one of my favourite aircraft.

Very little of the A320 is actually reused as we got more insight on how things should be. 

Interesting...

That's the beauty (and pain) of developing new projects... You get so much better and efficient with coding and texturing, that older projects (that were previously viewed as state-of-the-art) suddenly look 'outdated'. 

I experienced this, from development of web-applications and websites... 

1 hour ago, KingMusjo said:

Interesting...

That's the beauty (and pain) of developing new projects... You get so much better and efficient with coding and texturing, that older projects (that were previously viewed as state-of-the-art) suddenly look 'outdated'. I experienced this, from development of web-applications and websites... 

Yes, it is a total and utter pain the arse that you have to finish a project to know how to do it better. It's impossible to explain to your manager.

1 hour ago, Airbus A330 said:

Mathijs where is the sound preview? You wanted to share it ^_^

Under developement be patient :)

Thanks for this preview of the cockpit but do you have an estimate release date ( Month or Day ) ?

14 minutes ago, oliv0691 said:

Thanks for this preview of the cockpit but do you have an estimate release date ( Month or Day ) ?

Possibly December 2016+

Would you guys consider giving fs2crew some exclusive access so it could release with or as soon as release? Also here's a possible alternative to not doing the GE/PW engines on release, include a sound pack for them(either at an additional cost or other) so we can still hear our beautiful engines 

10 hours ago, EI137 said:

Would you guys consider giving fs2crew some exclusive access so it could release with or as soon as release? 

Will be done.

Small Update:

Main landing gear has been prepared for texturing adding some detail for the hydraulic hoses. Those are introduced when we finally tweaked our boogie code. FSX not supports double axes by default, so we have to write our own code for this behaviour.

maingear_002.png

maingear_001.png

I have to time travel to the end of this year so I can get this plane.

Thats how badly I want it

This will be a splendid addition and I eagerly await it.

The mission profile of an A330 is certainly 8+ hour flights to and from major airports.  Will Aerosoft please consider advising regarding VAS management for platforms such as P3D?

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

The mission profile of an A330 is certainly 8+ hour flights to and from major airports.  Will Aerosoft please consider advising regarding VAS management for platforms such as P3D?

This aircraft is light on VAS use and nothing special should be done by the user to manage VAS for this specific aircraft.

I'm sure modelers like Stefan bang out all of those amazingly tiny details mostly because they take great pride in their work. But I'm sure in the past, many simmers didn't notice a lot of the external detail, especially under the aircraft and in areas like landing gear, cargo doors, etc.

For better or for worse, I've only recently starting goofing around with avatar guy and, with him, you finally get to see all of this detail without fancy camera addons and whatnot. And man is this detail all the more appreciated.

Great job, Stefan. I've played around with 3ds Max and, knowing the amount of work involved, looking at that landing gear makes me want to go take a nap.

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This aircraft is light on VAS use and nothing special should be done by the user to manage VAS for this specific aircraft.

Thank you for your reply.  I find it difficult to make it very far past 2 hours with the A320 unless I use nothing else - no orbx, no add-on airports, no active sky, no REX.  I guess the answer is to fly without those when using heavy iron?  I find it problematic to go from EDDF to EKCH, for instance, without memory problems.

3 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

Thank you for your reply.  I find it difficult to make it very far past 2 hours with the A320 unless I use nothing else - no orbx, no add-on airports, no active sky, no REX.  I guess the answer is to fly without those when using heavy iron?  I find it problematic to go from EDDF to EKCH, for instance, without memory problems.

Certainly not, I'm flying with ORBX Open LC, addon airports, REX and Active Sky all the time and I honestly never had OOM problems.
Sure, you can overkill your simulation by selecting 4k textures everywhere, tweaking the hell out of your sim in terms of visual appearence (high LOD radius, etc.), but with a well balanced, mostly untweaked FSX you should not have memory issues using the above mentioned addons.

Just don´t expect too much from your sim, then it will work.

Using FSX:SE or P3Dv3 in favor of FSX box or P3Dv2 will give you reduced memory load, too.

2 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

Are you on FSX or P3D? If you are on FSX you might want to think about P3D, as it comes with a much better memory management than FSX: