Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

vor 9 Minuten, CRJ900 sagte:

Nowadays the trend really seems to go towards "feeding computers" and them "spitting out" data...

Agreed - but that is "simulating" the real world :lolsign_s:

:glider_s:

I'd love to have a "state of the art" 747-200 or someting like that like the RFP for FS2004 which was a piece of art of its time

On 4/18/2016 at 7:06 AM, generale84 said:

good and solid news...unfortunately few operators use Trent engines in europe :(

At least there are going to be some realistic options available. Absolutely no American operators use kgs. so I hope lbs or kgs is an option to choose unlike in the A320. And I hope that get a patch sometime in the future after the A330.

Are you kidding me? A downvote for pointing out the lack of changing units to lbs is something important?

I agree, nobody should be down voted for respectfully requesting an addition. I up voted your post to equalize that and will watch the user who down voted you in hopes not to see this again.

Now... I've been told there is at least one U.S. operator who has been using Kgs for a while now, but I don't remember the operator.  There was a time when some French registered commercial airliners used Pounds though I don't know if that is still the case, and there was at least one Air Canada Boeing 767 that used Kgs whilst others for the same airline used pounds, but I think they've all converted to Kgs today.

Both pounds and Kgs will continue to be used for some time.

On 19.4.2016 at 22:14, nassim319 sagte:

Awesome!!

can't wait :) :D

Yes, awesome , too. Credit Card Ready :D

On 4/18/2016 at 7:06 AM, generale84 said: good and solid news...unfortunately few operators use Trent engines in europe [emoji20]

At least there are going to be some realistic options available. Absolutely no American operators use kgs. so I hope lbs or kgs is an option to choose unlike in the A320. And I hope that get a patch sometime in the future after the A330.

Are you kidding me? A downvote for pointing out the lack of changing units to lbs is something important?

If I remember well if you switch inside Fsx / P3d the unit (from kg to lbs and viceversa) also airbus change unit on instrument..isn't right?

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

t's a discussion that we can't win, there will always be people who want another version. In my opinion getting a solid A330 is far more important than getting a certain engine type. Same logic as PMDG uses. And adding a different engine is by all means NOT a trivial task as some people suggested. Getting a different visual model, different instruments and a new air file are in fact the easy parts! That's all you need for a B737 for example. But getting the engine performance matched to the flight computers is the real hard part. That takes months and literally thousands of testing hours (and keep in mind that is after you got the flight model completed!).

Hi Mathijis,

based on this, what would be the more possible course of direction moving forward. A CF6 added 330-300 or a RR powered A330-200 model? sounds like the 332 is the lesser of difficulties?

1 hour ago, Johnathan Matrixson said:

Hi Mathijis,

based on this, what would be the more possible course of direction moving forward. A CF6 added 330-300 or a RR powered A330-200 model? sounds like the 332 is the lesser of difficulties?

I am almost sure that this will be decided only after the initial version (A333RR) is ready. One thing is sure: I am glad to pay extra for both the -200 and the GE model, as I did for the A32S: in AXE we only had CFM, and we payed an upgrade price for both the new A320/A321 which contained IAE as well and the A318/A319. Aerosoft's pricing strategy is very friendly in this: they have upgrade prices, you do not have base package+expansion like at PMDG but two separate products and a discount if you buy both and AS products work for both FSX and P3D. You only have to pay for the new code, and the -200 and the GE are both new codes which must be developed and tested. However, I understand that they want first to produce something that works well before thinking on the future variants. They did the same for the A32S.

Vor 1 Stunde, Balogh Ádám sagte:

in AXE we only had CFM, and we payed an upgrade price for both the new A320/A321 which contained IAE as well and the A318/A319.

Are you sure about that? From what I gathered from this forum and my own internet research (I wasn't a flightsimmer by the time the Airbus X, Aerosoft's first A320/321 package, came out), Airbus X included both the CFM and IAE variants, but apparently they only had a 3D model of the IAE engine there, without its flight dynamics.

But anyway, one thing is actually more interesting: Airbus X included already both the A320 and the A321. So Aerosoft did it before: They released not only one variant/model of an Airbus at initial release, but two. And I guess that is the very reason why nothing is final at the moment and Aerosoft could as well decide to include also (for example) the A332 RR at initial release, together with the A333 RR. That said, I think it's futile to continue speculating. What is actually important are facts, namely the final decision Aerosoft will make on that matter.

I suggest that those that want to debate the AS A330 development strategy concerning engines and types do so in a new topic in the general section of the forum. All has been said and this being a preview forum I think we have reached the bearable limit of different opinions and speculations. 

Any further model/engine posts wil be.......... ;)

Thanks

Guys, I dare ask something that can stir trouble. What about an HUD option? I know it isn't very common in Airbus, but it is existent. And it makes landings so so much better, when you have your VS in sight. What is the scope for that? SP1, SP2, or never??

3 minutes ago, thumbliner said:

Guys, I dare ask something that can stir trouble. What about an HUD option? I know it isn't very common in Airbus, but it is existent. And it makes landings so so much better, when you have your VS in sight. What is the scope for that? SP1, SP2, or never??

The answer was given in the old topic and was a clear "No", as totally out of scope for a project in this price range.

Alright. Disappointed to hear that, but it doesn't make me any less anxious for the already extensive feature list.

I don't know what A330 aerosoft are modelling and if newer a330's have it, but will it have OANS - on board airport navigation system?

21 minutes ago, onlyplanes88 said:

I don't know what A330 aerosoft are modelling and if newer a330's have it, but will it have OANS - on board airport navigation system?

I believe that OANS is nog included because it will we be a slightly older a330-300. But i follow Mathijs his statements 

No OANS gentlemen. This will be a plain vanilla A330 with no extra extra options. Well maybe the footwarmer will be there though. ;)

Omg!!being back after a month,saw a new thread,new pictures and saw that they are planning to add a EFB this is insane,I can't wait any more I want the add to cart button😉

Looking forward for more pictures and information, cheers

Sent from my IPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

No OANS gentlemen. This will be a plain vanilla A330 with no extra extra options. Well maybe the footwarmer will be there though. ;)

I'll hold you to that! :D

(So damn cold on the floors in my appartment) 

Reminds me of the time I had a passenger with me in a C152 and I turned the "knee-warmers" on. She felt the heat and panicked thinking we had a fire behind the panel and started reaching for the fire extinguisher to save the day.

So she was fumbling around trying to get the fire extinguisher and I was like ".....what are you do-WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

haha, that's why you typically should give a briefing to your passengers. Who knows what else they will be up to when something unexpected happens lol

I had one who started to scream in the radio that I'd be doing aerobatics with her while I was doing a very normal 30° bank turn...

(Yes, that was one of these things you do not want to explain to ATC after landing...)

This already takes a long time.
Without pressing anything or anyone, but only to know and schedule me, please is there an approximate date for the release?

Cheers,

7 minutes ago, Sinesio said:

This already takes a long time.
Without pressing anything or anyone, but only to know and schedule me, please is there an approximate date for the release?

Cheers,

According to Mathijs, definitely no sooner than autumn. I would recommend that you put the A330 at the bottom of your priority list for now, because that's where it's going on mine.

Nice one Stefan,

Hate to be a pest but will that oxygen test switch actually work like in the PMDG?