Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

6 hours ago, gmoneyprs said:

You don't mention whether you use this or not but there are a couple of utilities that show your landing rate, which is a pretty important thing to know. There's a lua for paid FSUIPC and then there's a free app that gives you much more information about your landing. Check the net for "Lord of the Landing." Works with FSX and all versions of P3D. I think it just needs SimConnect installed. Try it out. You may be surprised; you may actually fly the bus better than the Boeings!

The included Flight Data Recorder does do that!

49 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ofcourse it will. The current AS Bus also has this option. 

In fact the database format will stay the same.

When will the new FBW system from the a330 be available to a320 series users? Will it be after the release of the a330 or before?

13 minutes ago, benibene1995 said:

When will the new FBW system from the a330 be available to a320 series users? Will it be after the release of the a330 or before?

That will be done after the release of the A330 in form of the Service Pack 4.

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

That will be done after the release of the A330 in form of the Service Pack 4.

Im very happy and thankful that SP4 will be released for the buses, especially addressing the "broken" FBW system. If I may, can I ask, why wait until the release of the A330? If I would be Aerosoft, I would be extremely interested in releasing  the fix as soon as possible for the FBW especially given the fact that 1) A private individual has made a fix for the FBW and 2) The release of the new more superior A320. 

Thanks, 

Let's see what AS will decide. Any resource pulled from the A330 right now will delay the release so I think SP4 will stay behind the A330 release. 

As the AS Bus does not compete with FSL there is no pressure there. And with a tweak already available people can install that if they want. 

2 hours ago, A340-4 said:

f I may, can I ask, why wait until the release of the A330?

It's a fair question, but an answer that covers the bases is going to be a little lengthy, so here it goes.

During any complex development, new technology and new ways of accomplishing things are always discovered.  Though a much different aircraft with many other capabilities, the road map for the A330 was planned to build on and vastly improve what Aerosoft learned during A320 development. This is similar to how the PMDG 737 lead to the 777, and where possible what was learned during 777 development was back fitted to the 737. All software developers do this regardless of the industry in which they work.

Back in the day, I created a sound package and flight model for arguably one of the very best aircraft models ever created for desktop flight simulation - the Leonardo Maddog MD-80.  I did so because I knew (for a fact) the flight model and flight deck sounds were inaccurate (though we're often forced to do this because of customer preference and perception). Still, my work was my own personal perception, and someone else might easily disagree with me or simply prefer the inaccurate model because of preconceived notions or different beliefs, experience, or understanding.

Additionally, there are so many different computers, graphics cards and controllers (not to mention drivers) used by our customers, and even computers with the same motherboard, processor and other hardware can have far different performance. Add a tremendously wide range of experience levels and perceptions to the mix and you get a fair idea of what those in development and technical support struggle with daily. 

Aerosoft works directly with Airbus and Airbus certified pilots on every aspect of the software including the flight model.  I own (well, license) and am very experienced with most every high-end payware commercial aircraft model in our community, I'm a professionally trained in software testing and I served as a senior beta tester for Majestic's Dash 8 for over 6 years. With that experience, I can say that I have never personally had anything other than a positive experience with the Aerosoft A320 FBW model.

Now I'm not saying that the flight model or FBW can't be improved, but what I am saying is the variables I mentioned above all come into play, and what one can end up with is something they may like but gets further away from how the real aircraft actually handles. Also, with so many different system configurations and controllers, what is better for some could be worse for others. Furthermore, sometimes one change comes at the sacrifice of other variables. I'm speaking in general and not suggesting this occurred with the private FBW changes in question, to be honest I haven't looked at them as I'm not having any issues.

I hope what I've shared is helpful. It is meant to provide a little insight into the development process.

My very best wishes.

Hello Dave;

Thanks for your in dept answer. Much appreciated. 

Best Regards,

5 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

Hello Dave;

Thanks for your in dept answer. Much appreciated. 

Best Regards,

You are most welcome my friend.

Ive noticed that the real A330 has a C/B EICAS page for the circuit breakers, will this be modeled too? Almost none of the planes for FS have circuit breakers modeled and its a critical piece of electrical equipment

but not of  SOP.

FYI: EICAS is Boeing, ECAM is Airbus.

In the 330 and 340 it is mentionable that the "Circuit Breakers" in the Flight Deck are not actually Circuit BReakers but so called Reset-Circuit Breakers. They do not interrupt the powerline to the LRU's (Line Replacable Units) but only reset or better reboot the dependant systems like the FWC, FMGC, LGCIU, etc.

The normal Circuit BReakers in the big busses are below the flight deck in two seperate racks. Here you have the CB's for nearly every computer and system, even for relais and so on.

Pulling these is only, and ONLY Job for maintenance work. Pushing them in also. The Crew only sees the popped or opened CB and makes an Techlog-Entry. In any case maintenance will work through and, if necessary, perform troubleshooting.

Nevertheless all Circuit Breakers are regardless of the aircraft manufacturer critical pieces of the electric environment to protect at first the people onboard and second the aircraft components for overcurrent/short circuit/arcing and so on.

greets from CGN

Nice!

Airbus is so different from Boeing and McDonnell Douglas thats why I love it!

I honestly think there should be a option to switch between KG and LBS for the weights in the A330, there are US carriers that operate the A3xx series and Aerosoft sadly didn;t model it!

I hope it will be in the A330

Just now, Captain Bakon said:

I honestly think there should be a option to switch between KG and LBS for the weights in the A330, there are US carriers that operate the A3xx series and Aerosoft sadly didn;t model it!

I hope it will be in the A330

This is modeled for the A330 and it will also be in SP4 for the A32X. 

So ive heard that SP4 for the A32X will come out when the A330 is released confirm?

1 minute ago, Captain Bakon said:

So ive heard that SP4 for the A32X will come out when the A330 is released confirm?

Flip one Page back there it is written.

Im sorry to say this now but: if anyone could please read at least one page before, before posting? its quite annoying to repeat every answeer hundred times if the answer was already told.

1 hour ago, Captain Bakon said:

ve noticed that the real A330 has a C/B EICAS page for the circuit breakers, will this be modeled too? Almost none of the planes for FS have circuit breakers modeled and its a critical piece of electrical equipment

The only two high-end commercial airliners I know of that have interactive (working) circuit breakers are the Majestic Dash 8 (Professional Version) and the Leonardo Maddog MD-80.  Each click spot in the Virtual Cockpit comes at a significant price insofar as performance (I'll try to find a link that covers this better than I can here, and add it later).

That said, let's remember that the purpose of the Aerosoft A330 is to simulate normal operations, which doesn't include operation of the circuit breakers. I truly believe that's the right call, because out of the hundreds of flight sim enthusiasts I've worked with and flown shared cockpit with there has only been one who was interested in failure modes which involved circuit breakers.  In fact, in a failure, pilots typically check the position of circuit breakers and in only a few instances do the procedures allow them to reset the breakers and when they procedures allow it's typically only permissible for one reset.  The reason is simple, circuit breakers are protective devices (not switches) which are normally triggered due to over-amperage conditions which can occur because of electrical and mechanical failures affect one or more circuits. This is so far away from normal operations that there really isn't any place for them in desktop flight simulation especially since they aren't normally used by actual flight crews. While I'm speaking about this... one thing pilots DO use circuit breakers for is to help them identify a failure and how bad it may be.

I can't speak to why they were modeled in the Maddog, but we modeled them in the Majestic Pro version and the Training Version (which we are currently working on), both of which are used by airlines.

I hope this helps!

This is the A330 Preview topic, and not a small talk one.

You are free to post unrelated stuff into other (none preview) topics.

Would you ever consider putting an animation (I don't know if that's what you call it) on the flap lever i.e it lift up then onto the next detent, sorry if this is hard to understand

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

You are talking about raindrops on the screens?

No, I was talking about the condensation effect on the engines at takeoff. I know you focus on pilot tasks, but who doesn't love those details? ^_^

vor 6 Stunden , A340-4 sagte:

Im very happy and thankful that SP4 will be released for the buses, especially addressing the "broken" FBW system. If I may, can I ask, why wait until the release of the A330? If I would be Aerosoft, I would be extremely interested in releasing  the fix as soon as possible for the FBW especially given the fact that 1) A private individual has made a fix for the FBW and 2) The release of the new more superior A320. 

Thanks, 

maybe it's 'cause the fixes of the FBW are not finished by now (and will not be before the 330 is ready)

1) a "private individual" has fixed ONE issue - a rework is a bit more

2) more "superior" (in fact more complex - more superior will to be proven) but much more expensive and (seemingly) ressource hungry

...and on top - AS has to make some money, and a SP4 for the A320 series will not generate much revenue.

and a last word: "broken" is a very harsh word for tha FBW of the AS A320

1 hour ago, Pedriko said:

Gents, we are going to have the brazilian Azul liverie?

I imagine that painters will have painted hundreds, if not thousands, of liveries after release. If you want an Airbus package where the developer is bragging about how many liveries are included in the base installer, well then I have just the product for you...