Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview

For our A330 this is an important topic and I would appreciate your input:

I can tell you that a lot of things like full wind input and equal time points are already completed for the A330 and most likely will be ported back to the A320/A321. But I like to learn from customers what else they feel makes sense. But keep in mind, heavily moderated!

On 17 de agosto de 2016 at 3:59 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Interesting, is that chime actually also audible in the cockpit or just in the cabin?

Actually it can be heard on the cockpit and it sounds if the NO PORTABLE ELEC DEVICE sw is in the auto position ( a low tone chime sounds each time a sign goes on or off, bear in mid that it depends on the CIDS/CAM config ) on the ones i fly it sounds. 

I think that on the previous page you already answer that :)

If you guys have an FCOM go to DSC-33-40-10.

Hello;

Will the sounds be comparable to the FSLabs 320? ;) I really dont like the default sounds of the A318/9/0/1. I have a sound  pack for all of them, but its still not nearly as good as the FSLabs *DEFAULT sounds. Will AS consider to improve the sound quality for the upcoming A330? Thanks 

Edit: As you may know, recently there was a "fix" released to your FBW system, which made hand flying the A320/1 much better and way smoother. Will any work/ improvement be done with the A330 FBW? 

Thank you.   

Talking about 'default' when you pay double the price is another story but yes the sounds will be different/better. 

We already have a better FBW for both the A320/330 as an beta so no worries there. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Talking about 'default' when you pay double the price is another story but yes the sounds will be different/better. 

We already have a better FBW for both the A320/330 as an beta so no worries there. 

Hello;

"Double the price" in comparison what you get with the AS320 and FSLabs 320 is justifiable (We are all entitled to our opinions).

Thank you for improving the FBW systems.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, will the 318/9 get the new FBW as well? Or only the 320/1 ? 

23 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

Hello;

Will the sounds be comparable to the FSLabs 320? ;) I really dont like the default sounds of the A318/9/0/1. I have a sound  pack for all of them, but its still not nearly as good as the FSLabs *DEFAULT sounds. Will AS consider to improve the sound quality for the upcoming A330? Thanks 

Edit: As you may know, recently there was a "fix" released to your FBW system, which made hand flying the A320/1 much better and way smoother. Will any work/ improvement be done with the A330 FBW? 

Thank you.   

So... You talk about better sounds but from what I've heard from every single time I've done a Jumpseat flight in a A319/320/321, I've never heard such horrible sounds IMO. Nor did I heard sounds like that flying from my seat near the engine, in front or behind it. It's really just not the same sounds that I hear when seeing people recording TO and LDG with their GoPro and so on. Then again this is subject to interpretation and favorites but (besides the sounds for the buttons) I think Aerosoft have done a wonderful job so far with the sounds.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

Hello;

"Double the price" in comparison what you get with the AS320 and FSLabs 320 is justifiable (We are all entitled to our opinions).

I see it the same. I am enjoying the FSlabs rendition and there is a reason why it costs more. 

All the Airbusses will get the new FBW. The A320Fam will get them with SP4. 

2 minutes ago, blackbird971 said:

I've never heard such horrible sounds IMO. Nor did I heard sounds like that flying from my seat near the engine, in front or behind it. 

Horrible sounds? lol. Well..., we are all entitled to our own opinions and tastes.

Regards,

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I see it the same. I am enjoying the FSlabs rendition and there is a reason why it costs more. 

All the Airbusses will get the new FBW. The A320Fam will get them with SP4. 

Thank you very much. 

Best Regards,

16 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

Hello;

Thank you for improving the FBW systems.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, will the 318/9 get the new FBW as well? Or only the 320/1 ? 

Again I feel like you came here for a war between FSL fans and Aerosoft fans. Don't you know you can be fan of both ?

Sometimes it chocks me how quick people are to turn over to another side when ever they have a new toy and it's said "realistic" on top. You won't get realism from a desktop simulator that does not move, where you don't have a co-pilot sitting next to you, where there are no passengers, no flight attendant, where you could speed up the sim when ever you want or change the date to your liking and so on..

Those 2 Airbus developpers came at it with a different angle. Aerosoft did it with a point of view as that of a pilot that doesn't really see even half of the proposed abnormals that FSL proposes to you while giving you 2 planes | 2 engines variations and so much more features for a mediocre price of 35 euros. FSL came at it with the point of view of giving to the most of you, all that you've been whining about having on the Aerosoft bus because it "wasn't realistic" enough for you when I'm sure that no pilot have the time to go out of his window in-flight and try and take a picture of his plane flying over clouds/tunderstorms and what not or sit in a pax chair just to see a hardly visible, except when weather conditions permit, winglfex. But both of them have their Plus and Negative sides.

Again, this is all subject to interpretation, but if you want to start a FSL/Aerosoft debat. Please do it elsewere because here you are not in the right forum section for it and you are at the home of customer support and jibberjabber of Aerosoft.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, blackbird971 said:

Again I feel like you came here for a war between FSL fans and Aerosoft fans. Don't you know you can be fan of both ?

Sometimes it chocks me how quick people are to turn over to another side when ever they have a new toy and it's said "realistic" on top. You won't get realism from a desktop simulator that does not move, where you don't have a co-pilot sitting next to you, where there are no passengers, no flight attendant, where you could speed up the sim when ever you want or change the date to your liking and so on..

Those 2 Airbus developpers came at it with a different angle. Aerosoft did it with a point of view as that of a pilot that doesn't really see even half of the proposed abnormals that FSL proposes to you while giving you 2 planes | 2 engines variations and so much more features for a mediocre price of 35 euros. FSL came at it with the point of view of giving to the most of you, all that you've been whining about having on the Aerosoft bus because it "wasn't realistic" enough for you when I'm sure that no pilot have the time to go out of his window in-flight and try and take a picture of his plane flying over clouds/tunderstorms and what not or sit in a pax chair just to see a hardly visible, except when weather conditions permit, winglfex.

Again, this is all subject to interpretation, but if you want to start a FSL/Aerosoft debat. Please do it elsewere because here you are not in the right forum section for it and you are at the home of customer support and jibberjabber of Aerosoft.

Cheers

I came here for a war? If you look at my previous post, I have closed that subject. I believe that you are the one that wants a debate not me. I really could care less about what you like and dislike, and what you consider bad and good. So please move on and close the subject. 

I simply came here to ask a question- nothing more or less. After all, this is the correct place to ask questions about an upcoming product.  

Thank you. 

And with this we stop this please. Any further follow ups on this will be deleted, regardless who posted them.

This is the A330 Preview topic and questions about this upcoming product will be answered here. Everything else belongs somewhere else...

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

For our A330 this is an important topic and I would appreciate your input:

I can tell you that a lot of things like full wind input and equal time points are already completed for the A330 and most likely will be ported back to the A320/A321. But I like to learn from customers what else they feel makes sense. But keep in mind, heavily moderated!

Mathijs - I just browsed thru the 'FSL A320' topic and read all the comments.. what an unruly mob that was! nobody understood your request for constructive suggestions and feedback... all kept saying "it's fully immersive and so i want it" but did not spell out what were the specific features that made it fully immersive.. 

anyway, my suggestion on something that can be looked at in the A330 is the flight dynamics.. i'm not a regular bus driver, but i do manually land the NGX, 747, 777, 767 with relative ease.. i've found it challenging to manually fly or land the bus.. it is less responsive and feels a bit sluggish if i may say.. for that reason, i do autolands most of the time and that works perfectly..  keep in mind i've no knowledge of how responsive the real one is supposed to be.. just my own comparison with hand flying other aircraft.. i bought it in Feb '16, maybe there was a FBW update after that? 

Anyway, i don't fancy spending 100$ for a bus when i can get one for 40$ with all the key features modeled.. 

1 minute ago, vin747 said:

Mathijs - I just browsed thru the 'FSL A320' topic and read all the comments.. what an unruly mob that was! nobody understood your request for constructive suggestions and feedback... all kept saying "it's fully immersive and so i want it" but did not spell out what were the specific features that made it fully immersive.. 

anyway, my suggestion on something that can be looked at in the A330 is the flight dynamics.. i'm not a regular bus driver, but i do manually land the NGX, 747, 777, 767 with relative ease.. i've found it challenging to manually fly or land the bus.. it is less responsive and feels a bit sluggish if i may say.. for that reason, i do autolands most of the time and that works perfectly..  keep in mind i've no knowledge of how responsive the real one is supposed to be.. just my own comparison with hand flying other aircraft.. i bought it in Feb '16, maybe there was a FBW update after that? 

Anyway, i don't fancy spending 100$ for a bus when i can get one for 40$ with all the key features modeled.. 

Your answer is just a pâge before Mate ;)

Cheers

Good thing I stumbled across this thread because I was *this* close to clicking the "buy" button on the BlackBox Widebody Prologue (despite all the warnings against it).

Looking good, guys! Keep up the good work.

As always: When there are news there will be news.<_< Keep in mind the devs arent focussing on all the friday "news" (when did that start also?). They are working to get the Bus working and flying and thats the focus and what should be most important ;)

Agree or not. Everyone unknowingly do come here every Friday.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Regards

Prayog

6 hours ago, blackbird971 said:

So... You talk about better sounds but from what I've heard from every single time I've done a Jumpseat flight in a A319/320/321, I've never heard such horrible sounds IMO. Nor did I heard sounds like that flying from my seat near the engine, in front or behind it. It's really just not the same sounds that I hear when seeing people recording TO and LDG with their GoPro and so on. Then again this is subject to interpretation and favorites but (besides the sounds for the buttons) I think Aerosoft have done a wonderful job so far with the sounds.

Cheers

Hold on. No discussions about negative issues from our friendly competitors here.

The sounds we will use are professional recordings made in the real aircraft, They are NOT like what you hear on Youtube etc because I have never found any video there were the sound was really professional. But as always sounds are highly subjective as you say and we need to find a mix between what is realistic and what customers expect to hear. Those two are not always the same.

I keep thinking back about the F-16 we did were out initial VC sound set was deemed ridiculous. So we changed it to a recording a friend did. The new one was 100% realistic and customers loved it. But it was the sound a pilot would hear when he would take his helmet off (where is that facepalm emoticon?).  But no matter how often we explained that, nobody ever seemed to like the sound set that we made with the help of pilots who deemed it pretty accurate (it's remarkably silent).  Everybody prefered the way louder sound that in reality would make ANY voice communication impossible. So that's what shipped with the product. 

6 hours ago, vin747 said:

No the Feb 16 version is still the one to use, we only have a patch for the A320 webserver issue. 

As far as I can remember the tests we did on manual flying give the correct roll and pitch rates so it should not be sluggish. Of course the stick is not connected to the control surfaces and you fly it different. If You look at some of the landing video's on YT you will see the pilots move the stick from stop to stop (so full travel) a lot. If you do that in a 737 you end up upside down. So while she still can be flown with small inputs you should not be afraid of large input commands. Keep in mind that if you move the stick at max speed center>full right>full left>center you end up with nearly zero aileron movement. And also keep in mind that full deflection on the stick does not HAVE TO mean the control surface is at full deflection, it just means that it is either moving to maximum allowed deflection under that condition or that it is in that deflection.

Please follow up in the Bus forums when needed.

3 hours ago, ShoeAShoeRussia said:

Today is Friday, is there any new news?

No images, but our latest test with some of the more complex MCDU (like equal distance point) have now been completed. So there is good progress on that front. Next week we'll have a developers meeting and after that I can probably tell some more about where we now are and what we will be working on next. So far we are only slipping very small bits on my (always optimistic) schedule.

Fairly new to the Airbus X with only a few hours but can't wait for the 330 as it's my favorite plane. From the pictures it looks like it's going to be a real nice aircraft!! Nice work on the busses!

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But as always sounds are highly subjective as you say and we need to find a mix between what is realistic and what customers expect to hear

This is yet another market where the consumer is generally looking for or listening to things in the wrong places and for the wrong reasons and will thus be hard to please. No doubt, thanks to youtube where some clown is recording the engine noise from his seat next to the lavatory and, miraculously, that recording becomes the widespread baseline for what flightsimmers now expect. But, alas, we have a phrase for this: "perception is reality."

16 hours ago, vin747 said:

but i do manually land the NGX, 747, 777, 767 with relative ease.. i've found it challenging to manually fly or land the bus

You don't mention whether you use this or not but there are a couple of utilities that show your landing rate, which is a pretty important thing to know. There's a lua for paid FSUIPC and then there's a free app that gives you much more information about your landing. Check the net for "Lord of the Landing." Works with FSX and all versions of P3D. I think it just needs SimConnect installed. Try it out. You may be surprised; you may actually fly the bus better than the Boeings!

25 minutes ago, darth_damian_000 said:

Will the A330 MCDU support navigraph AIRACs, or is this more of a question to navigraph?

Ofcourse it will. The current AS Bus also has this option.